ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 62
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:15 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Hell, Chief Fan was saying similar garbage in the game thread today.
There's a difference between criticizing him for a bad mistake during a single game compared to saying the dude is just an average QB and is totally propped up by weapons/Reid. That hot take is absolutely out there from jealous fans of other teams.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:34 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Rodgers been sacked for a loss of 30 yet?
Stop drunk posting.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:37 PM 12-13-2020
Mahomes is not the over whelming MVP. Aaron is ahead of him now.
[Reply]
eDave 10:37 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Stop drunk posting.
I'm not, Bob. Fuck off, man. All of you with this shit.
[Reply]
Basileus777 10:38 PM 12-13-2020
Mahomes just needs to play well against the Saints on the way to a 15-1 season. It will be very hard to deny him MVP in that scenario.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:40 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm not, Bob. **** off, man. All of you with this shit.
Still reads like drunk posting.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 10:56 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
There's a difference between criticizing him for a bad mistake during a single game compared to saying the dude is just an average QB and is totally propped up by weapons/Reid. That hot take is absolutely out there from jealous fans of other teams.
Yep. I need to stop reading the replies on Twitter. Casual football fans suck.
[Reply]
eDave 10:59 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Still reads like drunk posting.
How in the world did my first one sound like it? That was a horrible sack.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:00 PM 12-13-2020
Here's one from the game thread:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
is that what you get for a half billion bucks

There's a ton more where that came from.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:11 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Here's one from the game thread:

There's a ton more where that came from.
I don't have a problem with people taking a shot at him on the contract, but it needs to be in later years when he's actually getting paid the big money. Dude's salary right now is absolute chump change compared to his performance. Only around $5M cap hit this year.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:20 PM 12-13-2020
I don't have a problem with people taking a shot at him on the contract, but it needs to be in later years when he's actually getting paid the big money. Dude's salary right now is absolute chump change compared to his performance. Only around $5M cap hit this year.

That’s silly. Given the salary cap, there is no world in which Mahomes will ever not be worth every penny he makes.
[Reply]
tk13 11:45 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The hot takes about him on social media are unbearable.

People DESPERATELY want to see him fail. Every not perfect thing he does is the worst thing in the world.

Every time he has a less than otherworldly game I have to stay off Twitter because it just pisses me off.
Get used to it, we're going to be hearing it for 15 years.

"Look at the weapons he has!" "He's propped up by Andy Reid!" "He has the refs in his pocket!" and on and on.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:46 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
That’s silly. Given the salary cap, there is no world in which Mahomes will ever not be worth every penny he makes.
I agree, but I am just saying I can understand someone bashing his contract when he's having a bad game and getting paid $40+ million per year. But right now? He is still insanely cheap for the franchise at $5M cap hit.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:50 PM 12-13-2020
The more critics of Patrick there are the happier we will be. We will be winning and competing for a title every year for the next decade and a half. Revel in it my lads.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:58 PM 12-13-2020
Superbowls for me.
Rodgers can win MVP the rest of his career for all I care.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 62
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up