ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 38
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out
Dante84 07:59 PM 06-30-2020
Well shit.

Or I won’t play. @LeVeonBell told me about this

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

I'm not saying this means anything, but I'm also not here to tell @RealMNchiefsfan he can't choose to believe. pic.twitter.com/I93PzdsUNm

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 12, 2020

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Breaking: #Chiefs and DT Chris Jones have reached agreement on a contract extension, per @mortreport.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) July 14, 2020

Chiefspants 05:50 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Suggs is a professional

Clowney is a guy who is mostly injured and has fed off a highlight tackle from college
Clowney missed three games last year. It was the most he's missed since 2015 (a year where he also missed 3 games).

If the Chiefs can land a one year "prove it" deal with Clowney, that would be a win for everyone.
MahiMike 05:54 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I don't speak jive...(Airplane reference)...what does he actually mean by that?
Was gonna ask the same thing. Anyone decipher this?
InChiefsHeaven 06:05 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Was gonna ask the same thing. Anyone decipher this?
Heh. Either:

1 - nobody understands it but also don't want to admit that
2 - I'm friggin old and these young whipper-snappers are ignoring me (or us...no idea how old you are...)
DaneMcCloud 06:13 PM 07-07-2020
Heh. Either:

1 - nobody understands it but also don't want to admit that
2 - I'm friggin old and these young whipper-snappers are ignoring me (or us...no idea how old you are...)

I know what it means because it's a phrase that's been around for decades. There are plenty of memes as well.
PAChiefsGuy 06:14 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Clowney missed three games last year. It was the most he's missed since 2015 (a year where he also missed 3 games).

If the Chiefs can land a one year "prove it" deal with Clowney, that would be a win for everyone.
Clowney sucks and he isn't going to sign a one-year deal here he wants money and a lot of it...

He had 3-sacks last year. Let some trash team like Raiders overpay for him.

Thank God you are not the GM of the Chiefs
Chiefspants 06:17 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Clowney sucks and he isn't going to sign a one-year deal here he wants money and a lot of it...

He had 3-sacks last year. Let some trash team like Raiders overpay for him.

Thank God you are not the GM of the Chiefs
:-)

If you were the GM of the Chiefs, we never would have drafted Patrick Mahomes. While you're at it, please point to where I advocated signing Clowney for more than a one year deal.
PAChiefsGuy 06:32 PM 07-07-2020
:-)

If you were the GM of the Chiefs, we never would have drafted Patrick Mahomes. While you're at it, please point to where I advocated signing Clowney for more than a one year deal.
You're not being realistic. Clowney best interest is to sign a big contract w someone for a lot of years because he isn't that good. One-year deal here isn't in his best interest.

I'm just a fan. Not a GM and never could be that's for scours and guys who have played the game at college or professional level not me.
Chiefspants 06:34 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You're not being realistic. Clowney best interest is to sign a big contract w someone for a lot of years because he isn't that good. One-year deal here isn't in his best interest.
I'll 100% accept that critique/point.
InChiefsHeaven 06:43 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I know what it means because it's a phrase that's been around for decades. There are plenty of memes as well.
You are so darn hip...how can you stand it?
PAChiefsGuy 06:44 PM 07-07-2020
I'll 100% accept that critique/point.
Okay man fair enough. For the record I would love to have Clowney on a one-year deal just don't think it is going to happen.
DaneMcCloud 07:11 PM 07-07-2020
You are so darn hip...how can you stand it?
It will never cease to amaze me how people can have the world's knowledge in their literal fingertips but refuse to use it.
Coogs 07:23 PM 07-07-2020
So what does it mean in this case? Mahomes's contract doesn't apply to his situation, so let's move on?
Redbled 07:44 PM 07-07-2020
Lots of dude love in here. Thanks Pat for the extension.
patteeu 11:06 AM 07-08-2020

He kind of missed his whole final year in college, although he was in uniform and on the field.
Chiefspants 11:36 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He kind of missed his whole final year in college, although he was in uniform and on the field.
Yeah, as PAChiefs has pointed out, he seems to want a massive Frank Clark like deal, which I (and the FO) isn't interested in at all. But, if his market completely evaporates and his only choice is a one year "prove it" deal, I wonder if he'd be interested in joining Patrick Mahomes' Chiefs team and a loaded defensive line (where, unlike Seattle, he won't be the recipient of the highest % of double teams in the NFL) to rebuild his value for a deal next year.

If it's not a one year deal, I'm not interested for the reasons others have pointed out.

But, a Clark/Pennel/Jones/Pissed Off Clowney line?

This defense starts to look like a Top 10 D complete with an offense no one can shut down in the NFL. It's fun to think about, at least.
Page 22 of 38
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up