ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 95
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:50 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The issue is that he was full of shit.

You can’t say you’re against oppression, wear a Castro shirt in Miami of all places, then defense Castro when you get called out for it.

You might not care because you’re not Cuban, but my grandfather dedicated his entire life to fighting that evil.
So, let me get this straight: People were offended by a tee shirt, a pair of socks and the fact that he peacefully protested and because of that, he's not eligible to play in the NFL?

How thin skinned are these people that are so offended? I read more fucking offensive shit on Chiefsplanet nearly every fucking day.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So, let me get this straight: People were offended by a tee shirt, a pair of socks and the fact that he peacefully protested and because of that, he's not eligible to play in the NFL?

How thin skinned are these people that are so offended? I read more fucking offensive shit on Chiefsplanet nearly every fucking day.
Offended? No.

But if you’re going to make yourself the face of the fight against oppression, your credibility goes out the window when you wear a pro-Castro shirt THEN defend him when you get called out on it by the Miami media.

We’re talking about the same people that practice cancel culture too. It’s beyond hypocritical Dane.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:52 PM 06-05-2020
Cam Newton is a far better QB than Kaep ever was and still wasn’t able to get a starting job. Yet he continues just posting workout videos and waiting for his moment since wants to start, not be a backup, instead of burning bridges and getting all emotional about teams not signing him and blaming it on his race or beliefs or whatever.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 06-05-2020
Offended? No.

But if you’re going to make yourself the face of the fight against oppression, your credibility goes out the window when you were a pro-Castro shirt THEN defend it when you get called out on it by the Miami media.
Well, agree to disagree. I have a very difficult time getting worked up over a tee shirt or a pair of sox.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 06-05-2020
So, the message was okay but the guy delivering it was a D-?

That's the issue here?

And why does NO ONE EVER comment on the fact that Chip Kelly shouldn't be coaching a fucking high school team, let alone, a storied franchise like the 49ers or a college team like UCLA?

9-31 pretty much says it all, yet that fucker is still employed.
What the hell can POSSIBLY support the argument that Chip Kelly doesnt' belong as a D-1 coach?

He went to BCS games in every season he coached the ducks, did he not? A few conference championships, a couple of BCS victories, a slew of national coach of the year awards.

Chip Kelly absolutely has the resume to coach division 1 football. He clearly hasn't been as good at UCLA (in a mere 2 seasons) but he does have some wins over ranked opponents in there. And the situation isn't as good at UCLA as Oregon is pretty much a perfect storm of resources (thanks, Nike!) and lax admission. His successors haven't been able to duplicate his results or anything approaching them.

It's possible that the spread concepts he used being more widely adopted have simply taken away his major advantage. But to say after 2 seasons back in the college game that it's simply passed him by and now he shouldn't have a D1 job is just born of emotion and a wild overstatement.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:54 PM 06-05-2020
Well, agree to disagree. I have a very difficult time getting worked up over a tee shirt or a pair of sox.
Maybe because you aren’t a Cuban in Miami. Nobody else cared.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:54 PM 06-05-2020
:-)

Because Chip Kelly said so? 9-31 Chip Kelly?

The same Chip Kelly that inherited a 5-11 team from Jim Tomsula and prompltly turned them into a 2-14 team?

That guy? That's the guy in which you're hinging CK's career?
Again, that may be. But that's how things are done in the NFL. You either win and put up good film, or you don't.

I still remember that play where Kaep's WR was completely uncovered, was jumping up and down all alone one side of the field at the LoS and Kaep never even looked his way. Before or after the ball was snapped.

After Harbaugh left, his play seemingly fell off a cliff. He just never developed. He regressed even.

And yeah, maybe you're right and Chip Kelly and the like did him no favors.

So then do what everyone else does and take what's offered to you, prove that it was the 49ers and not you, and then get paid.

But like i said, he refused to take personal accountability for his poor play.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:54 PM 06-05-2020
People look for any reason to be offended about anything now.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
People look for any reason to be offended about anything now.
Go fuck yourself. The same people talking about Brees’s comments being insensitive/offensive are defending this. Absolutely hypocritical.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:56 PM 06-05-2020
Go fuck yourself.
Case and point.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:56 PM 06-05-2020
Offended? No.

But if you’re going to make yourself the face of the fight against oppression, your credibility goes out the window when you wear a pro-Castro shirt THEN defend him when you get called out on it by the Miami media.
Maybe to the public. But NFL teams want to win more than anything else. And Kaep isn't the only player in the NFL that says/said stupid shit. NFL teams put up with a lot, and will pay you Millions if you help them win.

But if you demand more than your play on the field suggests you're worth you just might find yourself sitting at home for awhile.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:57 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Cam Newton is a far better QB than Kaep ever was and still wasn’t able to get a starting job. Yet he continues just posting workout videos and waiting for his moment since wants to start, not be a backup, instead of burning bridges and getting all emotional about teams not signing him and blaming it on his race or beliefs or whatever.
In 2019 alone, Cam Newton had his shoulder scoped and had a Lisfranc injury which cut his season short.

That is completely different than CK's situation and not even remotely comparable.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 06-05-2020
Case and point.
You understand the outrage fro Brees, but not with Cubans being offended by Kape wearing a Castro shirt and talking about all the “good” he did to their media?

That’s why I say go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:58 PM 06-05-2020
Yeah, i don't agree that that's why he's not in the league. Not because of socks, or kneeling or tweets.

I'm adamant that it has a lot more to do with him refusing to take a back up QB's salary.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 06-05-2020
So he'd be a great backup for Lamar Jackson is what you're saying..
I think he would've 3 years ago, yes.

But in the last 5 years he's won 3 football games and hasn't taken a snap in over 40 months. He simply wasn't very good towards the end of his time as a starter and 3 years away from the game won't have made him better. There is zero chance that a 33 year old mobile quarterback who hasn't played in 3 seasons is going to come back w/ the legs that made him the threat he once was.

Who would've been comparable? RGIII would've been a viable 1-2 punch with him but he was effectively done by 2017. And he's been backing up Lamar himself (because again, styles matter) the last 2 years when Lamar was the starter.

He simply fit very few starting quarterbacks when he was still viable.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 95
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up