ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 65
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:35 PM 09-28-2020
you can't teach mental....
[Reply]
DRM08 11:05 PM 09-28-2020
For the 9/28/2020 game...

ESPN QBR - Mahomes 97.7/100 and Lamar 40.4/100
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:07 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I see that, but I don't know how they didn't look at their crew last year and add a WR in the offseason. Emmanuel Sanders completely transformed the Niners O last year and a player like that adds a dimension to the Ravens offense when playing behind that they just do not have right now. The Chiefs looked more than happy to let them take 13 minutes off the clock in their scoring drives in the 2nd half.
Which is why I would’ve punted on 4th down rather than hand it off to sausage.
Make the Ravens drive the distance rather than give Lamar the short field would’ve been the better call. The Ravens simply do not have the quick strike offense to get into a shootout.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:11 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Make the Ravens drive the distance rather than give Lamar the short field would’ve been the better call. The Ravens simply do not have the quick strike offense to get into a shootout.
Going for it was the right call, but giving it to Sherman was too clever by half.

(You're right about the Ravens offense though)
[Reply]
Valiant 11:16 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
This is really who Jackson is. He consistently can’t pass the ball effectively against quality opponents, bbbuuuutttttt...

The Ravens have to pay him, right? You can’t trade an MVP or let him walk in FA?

They’re going to regret paying him.
He will get paid by them he is what 18 and 1 against everyone else?
[Reply]
Pants 11:16 PM 09-28-2020
If Lamar Jackson played for Kansas City from r/KansasCityChiefs

[Reply]
DRM08 11:19 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
This is really who Jackson is. He consistently can’t pass the ball effectively against quality opponents, bbbuuuutttttt...

The Ravens have to pay him, right? You can’t trade an MVP or let him walk in FA?

They’re going to regret paying him.
They have to pay him. They are about to pay their LT top dollar as well. Guessing Andrews will get paid big money when the time comes as well, but that's actually a cheap option compared to the type of money receivers are getting nowadays.
[Reply]
eDave 11:20 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
KC was just fucking around at that point. I'm not kidding. Looked like they were just fucking around all 2nd half. And I loved it.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:31 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:

F
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:33 PM 09-28-2020
Everybody keeps praising Lamar but he’s never led a team back from being down by 10+ points. He’s dangerous because of his legs but I’ve never thought he was as good as his numbers suggest. Who knows. Maybe I’m just old and crotchety or too blinded by Mahomes’ play in KC. But I’d rather have Josh Allen than Lamar.

Lamar seems to me to be similar to Alex Smith: good enough to win games and get you into playoffs, but not good enough to put the team on his back and win. GOod enough that, surrounded by good personnel and decent coaches, you draft between spots 20 and 26 but never 31 or 32.
[Reply]
eDave 11:47 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Everybody keeps praising Lamar but he’s never led a team back from being down by 10+ points. He’s dangerous because of his legs but I’ve never thought he was as good as his numbers suggest. Who knows. Maybe I’m just old and crotchety or too blinded by Mahomes’ play in KC. But I’d rather have Josh Allen than Lamar.

Lamar seems to me to be similar to Alex Smith: good enough to win games and get you into playoffs, but not good enough to put the team on his back and win. GOod enough that, surrounded by good personnel and decent coaches, you draft between spots 20 and 26 but never 31 or 32.
After the first drive, KC shut his run game down until they decided not to. He's not great and tonight will stay in his head because he has a weak mentality.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:47 PM 09-28-2020
I hope Nate Burleson DIES

Eat my shorts dude! I said what I said and I’m not taking it back...

I believe Lamar can throw as good as Pat Mahomes and because he’s the fastest QB in the NFL, it makes him the most Dangerous Quarterback! https://t.co/VNyMIdWFjE pic.twitter.com/9IHUOu4qfq

— Nathaniel E Burleson (@nateburleson) September 29, 2020

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 11:49 PM 09-28-2020
I approve this message.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:35 AM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I hope Nate Burleson DIES

What a retard
[Reply]
Page 22 of 65
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »