ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 44
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:45 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by aturnis:
So it ugly and it's not functional as a truck b/c it has anglers bed rails?

Is there any other way "it isn't functional as a truck"?

For instance "can't have a toolbox and access things over the side".

You've got a under-bed trunk at the tailgate and a giant frunk under the hood. Why would you throw random small items behind the can anymore?

As a construction worker, the is NOTHING LESS FUNCTIONAL than a "toolbox" in the back of a truck.

Been around them for years and still haven't seen an organized one that works.

I'd probably prefer some sort or tool organization in the front trunk with a charger bank and batteries already plugged in charging. Could easily fit multiple impacts, drills, saw all, portaban, hammerdrill etc up there organized and charged.

Throw the rest under the bed or in the side rail storage. I'd have a 100% clear 6.5' bed with all my tooling at all times.

You city guys are going to have to explain to me how it doesn't function as a truck. It blows away any setup I've dealt with in years.

P.S. Truck toolboxs are dumb and only serve the purpose of signaling to other truck drivers that you're not a "poser".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You're fucking retarded. And that's coming from someone who would jump all over the equivalent of a reliable 4-500 mile electric 4x4 3/4 ton if i could strip down all the ignorant shit they're going to force us to buy in order to own it.

... and fyi, half the people you're discussing this with are not "city guys". :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:58 PM 11-29-2019
Cool. Put it under the hood. More functional and accessible anyways.

How is it more functional and accessible for me? How is it more functional for my tools to be in the front and my work area in the back? How is spending my time walking circles around the truck better than taking 2 steps to the side of one of the trucks?

I hope like hell this succeeds and they make a true 3/4 ton electric truck because I will definitely be interested in it. This thing just doesn’t do anything for me or any work I do with a truck, it has a long way to go until it gets to that point.
[Reply]
aturnis 05:28 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
How is it more functional and accessible for me? How is it more functional for my tools to be in the front and my work area in the back? How is spending my time walking circles around the truck better than taking 2 steps to the side of one of the trucks?

I hope like hell this succeeds and they make a true 3/4 ton electric truck because I will definitely be interested in it. This thing just doesn’t do anything for me or any work I do with a truck, it has a long way to go until it gets to that point.
Does nearly everything a 2500 can do and more.

[Reply]
notorious 05:33 PM 11-29-2019
It can't be organized. It's literally impossible.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F6...lnk=Y&hvrand=#

Used to be made right down the road. Can throw down a hill and every tool is in place.
[Reply]
notorious 05:34 PM 11-29-2019
Aturnis, we own construction businesses and farms.

Don’t tell us what does and doesn’t work.

I’m excited about this truck, and believe electric is the future, but come on.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:37 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:

I'm almost convinced he's trolling at this point. Either that or he just plain doesn't know WTF he's talking about.
[Reply]
aturnis 05:37 PM 11-29-2019
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F6...lnk=Y&hvrand=#

Used to be made right down the road. Can throw down a hill and every tool is in place.
I'm all for small companies that make high quality niche products. That's how Kreg got their start and they make amazing high quality functional tools right here in Iowa. I gotta say, I've literally never seem one of those toolboxez in a truck though. Lol.

I'm a big customizer myself. I need what I need and I need it no matter where I am. Gotta be able to load it down.

[Reply]
BWillie 05:48 PM 11-29-2019
Hey Aturnis tried...but the oil lovers bias clearly shows.
[Reply]
notorious 05:49 PM 11-29-2019
I'm all for small companies that make high quality niche products. That's how Kreg got their start and they make amazing high quality functional tools right here in Iowa. I gotta say, I've literally never seem one of those toolboxez in a truck though. Lol.

I'm a big customizer myself. I need what I need and I need it no matter where I am. Gotta be able to load it down.

The owner moved manufacturing over to China a few years back . :-)

It sucks, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:51 PM 11-29-2019
Does nearly everything a 2500 can do and more.

Only the 3 engine version compares to a 2500 and I bet it doesn’t have the same range they are publishing
[Reply]
aturnis 06:00 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Only the 3 engine version compares to a 2500 and I bet it doesn’t have the same range they are publishing
Bet it has more actually. So 500 minimum, but probably more. That's typically how Elon works. Promised or better.

Only exception I can think of off the top of my head is that they didn't get below .2 drag coefficient on the Model 3.

[Reply]
notorious 06:00 PM 11-29-2019
Ford and Tesla are doing great work. Keep innovating, and the market will nudge them toward designing the perfect truck.

I’m wondering if GM is going to get caught with their cock in their hand.
[Reply]
aturnis 06:05 PM 11-29-2019

Not talking about you or Buehler. The two of you are being generally fair and honest. I understand though not having driven them or lived with this concept that there's a hesitancy and even an understanding gap comparing it to what you're used to. I can debate with the two of you no problem.

It's the guys coming in here saying "it's got a long way to go until it can replace a truck". It can replace your truck day one of release. No question.

[Reply]
notorious 06:09 PM 11-29-2019
Not talking about you or Buehler. The two of you are being generally fair and honest. I understand though not having driven them or lived with this concept that there's a hesitancy and even an understanding gap comparing it to what you're used to. I can debate with the two of you no problem.

It's the guys coming in here saying "it's got a long way to go until it can replace a truck". It can replace your truck day one of release. No question.

I don’t think Tesla is far off. Ford either. My hang-up is charging on the road. Infrastructure for electric out here is garbage. I need about 400 miles range while pulling a 20’ enclosed.

It’s just a matter of time. Bring it on.
[Reply]
srvy 06:10 PM 11-29-2019
So it ugly and it's not functional as a truck b/c it has anglers bed rails?

Is there any other way "it isn't functional as a truck"?

For instance "can't have a toolbox and access things over the side".

You've got a under-bed trunk at the tailgate and a giant frunk under the hood. Why would you throw random small items behind the can anymore?

As a construction worker, the is NOTHING LESS FUNCTIONAL than a "toolbox" in the back of a truck.

Been around them for years and still haven't seen an organized one that works.

I'd probably prefer some sort or tool organization in the front trunk with a charger bank and batteries already plugged in charging. Could easily fit multiple impacts, drills, saw all, portaban, hammerdrill etc up there organized and charged.

Throw the rest under the bed or in the side rail storage. I'd have a 100% clear 6.5' bed with all my tooling at all times.

You city guys are going to have to explain to me how it doesn't function as a truck. It blows away any setup I've dealt with in years.

P.S. Truck toolboxs are dumb and only serve the purpose of signaling to other truck drivers that you're not a "poser".

:-) Put your Tonka toys back in the toybox and clean your room kiddo.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 44
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up