ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 29
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm depressed
rabblerouser 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
[Reply]
Chieftain 07:46 PM 05-06-2020
The mother of my little boy has been dealing with depression her entire life. I understand what rablerouser is going through. Counseling doesn't really work and those prevention lines are a waste of time and resources. What rablerouser needs is someone close to him. Just to have a conversation. Depressed people often feel uninspired and so down. They lack energy and desire to live. I know.
There are no medicines out there that address depression in its core. Some help in supressing the feelings but they are temporary solutions.
What I would suggest to rablerouser is to think of his state of mind as temporary. Like a storm that will pass by. And then the sun comes out and you start a new day.

Maybe have some wine or whiskey. Listen to your favorite music. Watch some youtube videos of Chiefs prospects. Try to do things you are passionate about. Things you enjoy. It may help counter those feelings.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:04 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Pfffft. Things aren't getting any better. Today may be the day...
dude don't say that shit!

Call me if you need an ear!

Seriously.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:33 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This isn't the first time you've taken some sort of dig at me over my physic and I'm not digging it. Happy to discuss with you in person.
Whoa. Hold up a sec. certainly didn’t mean anything in regards to your physique. Honestly, you could probably kick my ass. I just used you to jest with Lew since you’re the guy I’ve “known” the longest, outside of Lew himself. I apologize if I offended. Rest assured I will keep your name out of any future posts.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:36 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
He's just being a douchebag, brother. **** him.
Couple things.

1. I sincerely hope you get to feeling better and are able to address what has you struggling.

2.....actually, let’s just keep it to item 1 for now since that is what’s important. When you get to feeling better, and I have faith you will, let’s pick up this conversation where you left off calling me a douchebag and saying fuck me in regards to an interaction that couldn’t of had less to do with you. I’ll be waiting
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:42 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Couple things.

1. I sincerely hope you get to feeling better and are able to address what has you struggling.

2.....actually, let’s just keep it to item 1 for now since that is what’s important. When you get to feeling better, and I have faith you will, let’s pick up this conversation where you left off calling me a douchebag and saying **** me in regards to an interaction that couldn’t of had less to do with you. I’ll be waiting
eDave is my bro. Gotta have his back.

But thank you. There's no addressing this...just grieving.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:44 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
dude don't say that shit!

Call me if you need an ear!

Seriously.
I appreciate it, brother.

Gotta paraphrase Led Zeppelin who were paraphrasing Memphis Minnie when Robert Percy Plant sang that "cryin' won't help me, cryin' won't do me no good..."
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:51 AM 05-07-2020
I would say shave your head and hit the gym but thats not feasible considering current events. I would definitely try doing something to expel energy like push-ups, situps, ect.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:20 AM 05-07-2020
This is a horrible time for someone suffering from depression. Being cooped up inside is awful and Im sure all you do is sit there with your thoughts. You need to get out of the house as much as you can and find something that can keep your mind occupied.

Im not sure about your living situation or what you enjoy, but I have found a lot of peace/joy this year in gardening. I have never been the type of person that could get something to grow, but this year I went all in and put actual time into gardening/yard work and overall it's beem pretty awesome. I never thought I'd enjoy it, but it keeps me occupied and it's pretty cool seeing these big ass plants that all started from a tiny little seed.

It's been quite a bit of work, but I have actually found a hobby that I enjoy.

I know we dont get along on here whatsoever, but I would never wish harm or death on someone because of my interactions with them on a message board. My fiance struggled with PPD after our second kid and it was awful to see her go through that. Mental health has such a stigma and there are alot of people that act like depression is some made up thing or that people can just snap out of it if they try to be happy.

I hope you find a way to bring some happiness in your life and if you need to talk or just want to vent I'm just a PM away.
[Reply]
burt 09:28 AM 05-07-2020
RR....you are NOT my favorite homophob......but I care. PM me if you would like to talk to a sarcastic asshole that just might make ya laugh. Several of us really do care..... I could tell you a story about a unicorn!
[Reply]
crispystl 10:08 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by e3263518:
y.

Maybe have some wine or whiskey. Listen to your favorite music. Watch some youtube videos of Chiefs prospects. Try to do things you are passionate about. Things you enjoy. It may help counter those feelings.
I would NOT recommend this. I've dealt with anxiety, depression and alcohol for years and the latter exacerbates the former by a great deal. You end up in a cycle where you drink because you're depressed then when the booze wears off you have anxiety from the withdrawals, so you drink again which makes you depressed which.....and over and over and over...
[Reply]
burt 11:13 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
you drink because you're depressed then when the booze wears off you have anxiety from the withdrawals, so you drink again which makes you depressed which.....and over and over and over...
And????
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:21 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
I would NOT recommend this. I've dealt with anxiety, depression and alcohol for years and the latter exacerbates the former by a great deal. You end up in a cycle where you drink because you're depressed then when the booze wears off you have anxiety from the withdrawals, so you drink again which makes you depressed which.....and over and over and over...
Originally Posted by burt:
And????
Ya it's not a healthy way to try to cover up a depression. In fact it should be the opposite of drinking at all. Eventually what will happen is he'd fall into his dark mental state while drinking heavily and attempt alcohol poisoning. Instead his mind needs to be focused on something.

Focused on a passion or even something new that's engaging.

I'm speaking from experience. I've used alcohol to cover depression before and it got baaaaaad. Awareness of how bad it can become can be the best knowledge towards knowing how to avoid the traps before they come up.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:23 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I would say shave your head and hit the gym but thats not feasible considering current events. I would definitely try doing something to expel energy like push-ups, situps, ect.
How would shaving your head make you not depressed?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:26 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How would shaving your head make you not depressed?
That would make me more depressed for sure.

I would echo the sentiments of finding a group, friends you can count on, or just other people who need help to motivate and to talk about issues with. In the end the only person who can take those steps is you, you have to be willing to fight it and move forward. Find the positive in you and focus on that, focus on your strengths and try like hell to avoid thinking about the negative. Drugs, people, sex, the gym, it all might help for awhile but you have to get up every day willing to try something new. The more you sit around, the worse it will get.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:03 PM 05-07-2020
Thank you all. I'm trying. Went for a walk at the park with Bird Dog, went to Beet Box and grabbed a Hummus Bowl...at home watching GN'R on the youtubes.

At least I didn't come home to her and her sister in bed with a bunch of dudes...if I go to get the gun, I'm using the brother****er.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 29
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up