« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:02 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I don't think it's a stretch at all. Given the timing, it fits under Occam's Razor. Doesn't mean it's the reason, but I could see it, especially with Mahomes now, Reid would have the leverage, figuring that the team needs him to coach the young QB more than it needs Dorsey.
Clark Hunt has repeatedly stated that it was important to lock up Dorsey and Reid to extensions.

In the meantime, Dorsey's name has been in play to replace Ted Thompson in Green Bay for the better part of a year.

I think it's highly likely that Dorsey refused to sign an extension because he wanted to see where Green Bay stood in 2018 and in doing so, Clark decided to fire him and move forward.
[Reply]
penbrook 03:02 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
So now Andy Reid is basically the QB Coach,OC,HC and GM?
The GM is vacant
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:02 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Dorsey scouted and wanted Mahomes since last year. Reid just went along with it
Reid's words: "That's Brett Favre. I want him."
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:02 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
And just watch we when the super bowl next year with smith as our QB
I'll be the first to eat crow if we do.
[Reply]
O.city 03:02 PM 06-22-2017
You don't let your gm make a big trade up for Mahomes if you aren't planning to keep him. Something happened
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:03 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
penbrook 03:03 PM 06-22-2017
Hypothetical speaking. If we win a super bowl with smith as QB there is no way you start Mahomes right?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:03 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You cannot expect a GM to come in with that chicken shit of a roster and expect him to start winning immediately and NOT have the cap bear some strain. That's the nature of the beast, especially when the roster depth he inherited was absolute garbage and he had to hit the market to even put a credible product on the field.

The man took the reigns of a 2-14 team with zero credible NFL quarterbacks on the roster and in the next 4 years averaged 11 wins/season and went to the playoffs three times.

What in the actual fuck happened to measuring a person's performance by the totality of the circumstances?

No, you're just wrong. This absolutely 'should be surprising' because it's fucking idiotic. You do not fire a guy that was instrumental in the turnaround that this team has gone through. Because if this is Clark's way of doing things, we're going to be Al Davis's 'fire and forget', unstable as fuck Raiders in real short order.
Dorsey clearly made mistakes but his hits definitely outweighed his misses, which I described playing Devil's Advocate.

That said, I think this is all about Green Bay and a non-commitment to the Chiefs moreso than any misses.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:03 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Clark Hunt has repeatedly stated that it was important to lock up Dorsey and Reid to extensions.

In the meantime, Dorsey's name has been in play to replace Ted Thompson in Green Bay for the better part of a year.

I think it's highly likely that Dorsey refused to sign an extension because he wanted to see where Green Bay stood in 2018 and in doing so, Clark decided to fire him and move forward.
I think that's also a plausible explanation. Just don't think DJ's theory was that far out there either.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:04 PM 06-22-2017
The franchise that kept crappy GM's such as Jack Steadman and Carl Peterson on board for decades, suddenly decides to get impatient with a generally successful (although certainly not perfect) GM in Dorsey.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:04 PM 06-22-2017
I don't think Ballard would have been picked. Dorsey brought Ballard in, not Andy.

Brett Veach was a guy Andy brought over to be on Dorsey's team. He's his guy.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:05 PM 06-22-2017
I'll wait and see his replacement before I completely lose my shit.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 03:06 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Hypothetical speaking. If we win a super bowl with smith as QB there is no way you start Mahomes right?
Smith will be happy to go out on top. Key words being GO OUT.. retire.. done.

Do not worry.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:06 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I'll wait and see his replacement before I completely lose my shit.
Because We Are the Chiefs...

[Reply]
penbrook 03:06 PM 06-22-2017
Who would you guys want to be the new gm?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 137
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up