ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 26
« First < 121819202122 23242526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell Me About Your Chili
Fire Me Boy! 10:52 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
i made mine last weekend. wife can't eat beans or hot spices so i've got a mild chili.
2lbs beef, 1 lb ground pork. tomato paste, diced tomatoes and garlic and a very small amount of diced onions (to the point where they disenegrate in the heat of the slow cooker).

i've had leftover chili all week, and its been wonderful. gonna make chili brats for lunch or supper tonight!

love chili season!!!

p.s. for an added twist, i added 2 packets of dry ranch powder. boooom.
I love leftover chili. It's best the day (or days) after.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 03:50 PM 12-08-2018
Ya'll are missing a couple stalks of finely chopped celery.
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:08 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Ya'll are missing a couple stalks of finely chopped celery.
dave has a weird auto-erotic obsession with celery is what im reading.
[Reply]
eDave 04:11 PM 12-08-2018
What's point of celery? If it's in there for "texture", the only crunch I need is crackers.

And I'm ****ing my myron. I updated after his post. I mean, I'm putting potatoes in mine. Kinda makes me a communist, doesn't it?
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:13 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
What's point of celery. If it's in there for "texture", the only crunch I need is crackers.

And I'm fucking my myron. I updated after his post. I mean, I'm putting potatoes in mine. Kinda makes me a communist, doesn't it?
lol. seriously, i hate celery. makes me sick thinking about eating it. and in chili? go take a short walk off a long cliff.

i say that the safeword in chat tomorrow is: celery.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:44 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
What's point of celery? If it's in there for "texture", the only crunch I need is crackers.

And I'm ****ing my myron. I updated after his post. I mean, I'm putting potatoes in mine. Kinda makes me a communist, doesn't it?
Celery adds additional veggie flavor and works subtely in chili. It's not crunchy by the time it cooks down, just another layer of flavor brah.

Putting potatoes in there is fucking weird though. I don't know what benefit the starch sponge provides in an already pretty dense meal.

I'm gonna make white chicken chili tomorrow. Love the stuff.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:07 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Celery adds additional veggie flavor and works subtely in chili. It's not crunchy by the time it cooks down, just another layer of flavor brah.

Putting potatoes in there is fucking weird though. I don't know what benefit the starch sponge provides in an already pretty dense meal.

You don't get to talk about potatoes if you're making white chicken chili.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:06 PM 12-08-2018

Putting potatoes in there is ****ing weird though. I don't know what benefit the starch sponge provides in an already pretty dense meal.

^ Knows what's good. I chop my celery very finely using a small food processor so by the time the chili cooks down and is reheated the next day you don't even hardly see it, let alone feel it's texture.

Celery is one of the trinity vegetables for a reason.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:15 PM 12-08-2018
:-). I honestly missed the celery line. I quit reading at 'taking meat back into my mouth' thinking it was a private personal conversation.

Whatever floats your boat.
[Reply]
Bump 04:11 PM 12-08-2018
just finished up some chili, the store didn't have ground beef under $10 per pound so I picked up some chuck stew beef and it was way better the next day after I reheated it up in the oven. I prefer ground beef and pork combo still but it was pretty good still.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:23 PM 12-08-2018
Here's a green chili cheeseburger. It's chili!
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:24 PM 12-08-2018
Blue Powerade Zero + Diet Mt Dew = A diet Baja Blast. Fight me.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:25 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Blue Powerade Zero + Diet Mt Dew = A diet Baja Blast. Fight me.
I'm gonna try this now. For sure.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:33 PM 12-08-2018
I'm gonna try this now. For sure.
Yep, dad bod life hack that works.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:35 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yep, dad bod life hack that works.
I drink both of those things fairly often. Also G2 Gatorade. And I legit love baja blast so this should be a winner. Gracias.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 26
« First < 121819202122 23242526 >
Up