ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 379
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
MOARGore 09:56 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Not to defend Alex Smith too much, but didn’t he have like 5 different OCs his first 5 seasons? I would also argue that Jimmy G has a much better supporting cast in SF than Alex ever had.

Smith got a raw deal, but he was never a confident player or thrower.

He just didn’t have “it.”

Part of the reason OCs kept getting fired was him.

If things had been more stable for him, he might’ve had a better career, but he just didn’t have the arm talent or mental makeup of a franchise QB, IMO.
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 09:59 AM 01-20-2020
The rebuild should start this year. Tag and trade Jones. Move on from Sammy unless there's a dramatic contract revision. Veach should prepare to trade back a time or two. It's a new world with the Mahomes contract. Upgrade the O line. Draft a young CB, RB, ILB. There will be FA's who want to play with Mahomes-- sign a few who will take less for a shot at another Super Bowl run.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:59 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by MOARGore:
Smith got a raw deal, but he was never a confident player or thrower.

He just didn’t have “it.”

Part of the reason OCs kept getting fired was him.

If things had been more stable for him, he might’ve had a better career, but he just didn’t have the arm talent or mental makeup of a franchise QB, IMO.
He played for the Chiefs and his OCs kept getting Head Coaching jobs...

I agree that he isn’t an upper level franchise guy. He just isn’t that guy.

I also don’t think Jimmy G would be near as successful in the situation that Smith came into either though.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 AM 01-20-2020
Just watched the 49ers/Packers game. Holy shit did the Packers look sloppy. They did literally everything they could to fuck up.

Roughing the passer, completely undisciplined gap maintenance on run defense, no creativity and just poor effort overall.

That could not have been an easier game for the Niners.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:07 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just watched the 49ers/Packers game. Holy shit did the Packers look sloppy. They did literally everything they could to fuck up.

Roughing the passer, completely undisciplined gap maintenance on run defense, no creativity and just poor effort overall.

Like somebody said the 49ers have faced absolutely no adversity in these playoffs.

And they haven’t had to throw the ball in weeks.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:07 AM 01-20-2020
Just watched the 49ers/Packers game. Holy shit did the Packers look sloppy. They did literally everything they could to **** up.

The Packers play in the first half was an embarrassment.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:10 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Like somebody said the 49ers have faced absolutely no adversity in these playoffs.

And they haven’t had to throw the ball in weeks.
Well you have to give it to them. They are the most talented team in the league. I didn’t realize how stacked they were at RB. Literally every guy is faster than Damien Williams and Rat Jr uses them like Andy.

All we have to do is stop the run, protect Pat and get a lead. That’s it.

Something tells me Jimmy G will look like Jared Goff in last years Super Bowl if he’s forced to be the guy for them.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:11 AM 01-20-2020

Rodgers play and attitude looked like he couldn't care less and wasn't bothered at all...weird.

Dude has checked out mentally in a lot of ways IMO.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:12 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Go **** yourself, Rice-A-Roni.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:13 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by MOARGore:
If I had to bet money, I’d pick the Chiefs because Mahomes is just ridiculous.

But Jimmy G is no Alex Smith.

As someone who suffered for almost a decade under Smith’s reign of terror, it’s not even close.

The team was garbage when we traded for Jimmy. We were 1-10 with a bad offense that couldn’t put up points. He comes in without even knowing the playbook and has our offense humming like stop 5 unit to close out the season.

We goes down in 2018, then we suck again.

He comes back and now we’re in the Super Bowl.

He’s a winner, and he plays clutch on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter, two things Smith always sucked at.

I think the Chiefs’ speed is probably too much to handle, but don’t expect some deer-in-headlights Alex Smith who’s throwing the ball in the dirt on 3rd down or overthrowing guys by 5 yards when they’re wide-ass open.

That’s a reasonable post. I was a big-time Alex Smith detractor for many of the reasons you cite. Their play styles are different and I’d prefer Garoppolo. Both need the scheme and team around them to succeed, though, IMO.
[Reply]
bowener 10:16 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Jimmy Garoppolo is a dead man walking...

BAMF!!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:18 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I would love to keep Jones...but if he has a big time performance in a Super Bowl, his stock will never be higher. You could really rip off a bad team on a tag and trade.

If you land Mack-type compensation, you could really set the roster up for the next decade.

Yeah, hard to make it work with Jones. I love wheat he does, but you’re in stars and scrubs territory if he’s signed to a huge deal.

I think a tag and trade is probably the best scenario. Find one of these teams drooling over him as a FA (Tampa, Dallas) and add a first and third. If KC can land a mid-1st round pick and take AJ Epenesa or Javon Kinlaw, I think it replaces Jones fairly effectively (especially Kinlaw, who is his clone, IMO).

Adding two extra picks, one of them a 1st, would help reload the roster a ton.
[Reply]
YayMike 10:38 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, hard to make it work with Jones. I love wheat he does, but you’re in stars and scrubs territory if he’s signed to a huge deal.

I think a tag and trade is probably the best scenario. Find one of these teams drooling over him as a FA (Tampa, Dallas) and add a first and third. If KC can land a mid-1st round pick and take AJ Epenesa or Javon Kinlaw, I think it replaces Jones fairly effectively (especially Kinlaw, who is his clone, IMO).

Adding two extra picks, one of them a 1st, would help reload the roster a ton.
The salary cap is a joke. We will have plenty of money to pay Jones and Mahomes. We realistically need a RB, a few LBs and another Corner. That’s it. We will probably end up keeping Sammy on a restructured deal, so WR isn’t a huge need. Let Robinson go. So... I say keep Jones and have a dominant dominant front 4 for years...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:42 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chan93lx50:
So who is Joe Montana gonna root for?
Looks like the 49ers, even though they chose Young over him and shipped him off to KC.

We welcomed him with open arms, and if he would've played one more year, we probably would've made the SB in 1995.

But, he didn't, we didn't, and so fuck him. Mahomes and Dawson and Trent Green are the only QBs in my history of the Chiefs that matter.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:48 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by YayMike:
The salary cap is a joke. We will have plenty of money to pay Jones and Mahomes. We realistically need a RB, a few LBs and another Corner. That’s it. We will probably end up keeping Sammy on a restructured deal, so WR isn’t a huge need. Let Robinson go. So... I say keep Jones and have a dominant dominant front 4 for years...
I wouldn’t call it a joke, but it’d be nice to know what the new CBA is going to do for it before we send a talent like Jones packing.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 379
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up