ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 218 of 791
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268318718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
staylor26 11:26 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oh well. Pretty much limits us to 1 big signing.
Not necessarily. I wouldn’t rule it out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:28 AM 03-10-2019
I like KJ Wright too, and he'd be a little cheaper than Barr, I think.

Also, I don't mind the idea of picking up a short term rental like Wake or Curry along with a DE draftee like Ferguson, Zach Allen or Omenihu.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:29 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Watching NFLN—sounds like a sticking point to a Ford trade is teams being willing to fork over large guarantees to extend his contract. Unless a team is willing to give him a fair contract, not sure he gets traded. Chiefs want a 2nd round pick.
Seems fair. I would think a team willing to give up a second or low one would be willing to give him a fair contract. Right? They wouldn't do that for a one year rental.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 03-10-2019
The fact that teams have to give up a contract and a pick is what makes it tough
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:30 AM 03-10-2019
Maybe I'm misrembering things, but wasn't Ford the one talking about contracts being fully guaranteed for players?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 03-10-2019
Trading Ford always felt like a long shot.

Oh well. At least it gives us another year to see what we have in Speaks, Kpass, and hopefully a day 1 or 2 rookie.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:35 AM 03-10-2019
So are we now giving up on trading Ford? Or are we giving up on the idea of getting a 2nd and a 4th for him?

Because I'll let that 4th go in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:36 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Watching NFLN—sounds like a sticking point to a Ford trade is teams being willing to fork over large guarantees to extend his contract. Unless a team is willing to give him a fair contract, not sure he gets traded. Chiefs want a 2nd round pick.
Sounds like the Packers are being cheap again.

Seems like they would’ve learned their lesson from the Mack debacle. Oh well
[Reply]
Coogs 11:37 AM 03-10-2019
At the end of the day, if no acceptable trade works out, we could always rescind the tag and release Ford, correct?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:38 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
At the end of the day, if no acceptable trade works out, we could always rescind the tag and release Ford, correct?
Not if he's already signed it. I think.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:38 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Trading Ford always felt like a long shot.

Oh well. At least it gives us another year to see what we have in Speaks, Kpass, and hopefully a day 1 or 2 rookie.
I don't think any of the news is anything new.

We always knew what the hurdles would be.

I think this gets done; if you're a Green Bay or an Indy, or possibly San Fran, do you want to draft a guy and hope he hits the ground running, or do you take a guy you know is a proven, NFL ready pass rusher.

Especially the first two; their window is open NOW and won't be forever.

IF my team docs were confident about his back, and IF I felt like we could absorb the run defense liability in exchange for the pressure he brings, I'd give up a #2 no problem.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:39 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I think this gets done; if you're a Green Bay or an Indy, or possibly San Fran, do you want to draft a guy and hope he hits the ground running, or do you take a guy you know is a proven, NFL ready pass rusher.

IF my team docs were confident about his back, and IF I felt like we could absorb the run defense liability in exchange for the pressure he brings, I'd give up a #2 no problem.
Like AB, the sticking point is the contract.
[Reply]
Coogs 11:39 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not if he's already signed it. I think.
He has not done that yet, has he? Or did I just miss that announcement?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:40 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

If there are at least two other possible partners, then we should have pretty good odds of getting a trade done.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:48 AM 03-10-2019
If you can’t trade him, rescind the tag and let him walk for a 3rd rd comp and take the money. Pretty obvious they feel he doesn’t fit this defense very well.

Makes sense with Veach’s comments last year.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 791
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268318718 > Last »
Up