ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2170 of 3903
« First < 1170167020702120216021662167216821692170 217121722173217421802220227026703170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 08:50 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No, I don't have a misunderstanding at all. I am just posting data that you don't agree with, which is fine.
Do you think his education and training could potentially help him understand this information better than you, Do you think he is just copying and pasting other peoples opinions or his expertise gives him the ability to formulate his own.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:52 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Doom and gloom.
What do you think his job is? His job is troubleshooting medication in an attempt to find potential harm, do you think think that is doom and gloom or a good thing?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:53 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
What does the weight of evidence say mask wearing does for a person's risk of contracting or spreading the virus?
I posted that yesterday. I have explained it several times. You are more than welcome to get the link to livescience that I posted about masks.

But just to briefly humor you, masks do little in the way of what we think. As in the article I posted, a mask provides you with maybe an extra minute of talking to a person before you infect them. Which is why it went on to state they do very little for people in retail or as they said a bus driver. This isn't shit I am just making up, Hamas. These are people just as if not even more educated than yourself. I largely respect what you have to say on this topic but you consistently have this way and talking like anyone that doesn't agree with you just doesn't know what they are talking about.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:54 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
So, you aren't wearing a mask and you walk past someone who has a coughing fit just then.

You are saying that a mask wouldn't stop a droplet?
I am not saying that. The experts are saying that. Which is why they repeat over and over and many, many of you on here did the same until yesterday, which is masks are to prevent you from spreading not you from getting.

Now move the goal posts a little more, spin it how you want, whatever.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:54 AM 05-22-2020
And here we go again.....keyword "potentially". And the studies show the chances of getting infected by walking past an infected person while wearing a mask and not wearing a mask are statistically the same.

The mask does what most if not all of these experts are saying, they prevent you from coughing and sneezing larger droplets onto everything.
can a mask potentially keep things like a droplet of water out of your mouth.

easy question yes or no?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:56 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Do you think his education and training could potentially help him understand this information better than you, Do you think he is just copying and pasting other peoples opinions or his expertise gives him the ability to formulate his own.
Oh see that's your problem. I am posting info that other doctors and medical professionals are stating, not me. So if your question is do I think Hamas knows more than every other doctor and medical professional in the world than the answer is clearly no.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:56 AM 05-22-2020

So basically as many experts have said, masks are good for protecting you from someone coughing and sneezing on you and little else.

Great because that is the main transmission of this virus so everyone should wear one. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 08:56 AM 05-22-2020
can a mask potentially keep things like a droplet of water out of your mouth.

easy question yes or no?
Why don't you go take that up with the medical experts?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:58 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Great because that is the main transmission of this virus so everyone should wear one. :-)
Meh, I stated that wrong. My bad. Masks are good at preventing you from spreading not getting.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:58 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...nd-S/9bhg-hcku

It’s really not that hard to find. It’s kind of scary that I’m just making you aware of this. Are you not using the CDC for your research?
Read my post again. "Point to a single piece of information that establishes that as the genesis for that belief." I didn't say, "show that the mortality rate is lower for this cohort."

There have been people in here since the beginning of the thread saying that this is not as bad as the flu, and absolutely none of that was based on evidence, because they weren't looking at evidence. First it was "it's not the flu," then it was "it's not as bad as H1N1," then it was, "look at all the comorbidities," then it was, "look at how many people who die are in nursing homes." Every attempt is made to move the goalposts rather than acknowledging what is plainly obvious--that this is a very real health emergency that none of us have seen an equivalent to in our lifetimes.
[Reply]
Donger 09:00 AM 05-22-2020
I am not saying that. The experts are saying that. Which is why they repeat over and over and many, many of you on here did the same until yesterday, which is masks are to prevent you from spreading not you from getting.

Now move the goal posts a little more, spin it how you want, whatever.
Please present these experts saying that a mask won't stop a droplet.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:02 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Please present these experts saying that a mask won't stop a droplet.
More straw man
[Reply]
Monticore 09:02 AM 05-22-2020
Oh see that's your problem. I am posting info that other doctors and medical professionals are stating, not me. So if your question is do I think Hamas knows more than every other doctor and medical professional in the world than the answer is clearly no.
Do you think hamas could potentially see through all the bullshit online better than somebody else ?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 AM 05-22-2020
What do you think his job is? His job is troubleshooting medication in an attempt to find potential harm, do you think think that is doom and gloom or a good thing?
That has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. Dude shuts down every conspiracy theory that doesn’t fit his narrative, and claims to be all about the facts/data, but he pushes the conspiracy about Florida’s data? That tells me everything I need to know.

Maybe his agenda/narrative is just about being right because he’s an arrogant prick, but he clearly has one that he’s pushing.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:03 AM 05-22-2020
Not trying to be political as I have no idea who are these people. Two of our Kansas legislators. Notice anything strange?
Attached: 20200522_100229.jpg (64.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 2170 of 3903
« First < 1170167020702120216021662167216821692170 217121722173217421802220227026703170 > Last »
Up