ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 216 of 237
« First < 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:33 AM 03-26-2017
Prison Bitch has already been proven a dumbass when he said slowing down the tempo vs KU wouldn't work
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:37 AM 03-26-2017
I despise KU and even I think Prison Bitch is a dumbass!
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:15 AM 03-26-2017
This is the old prison bitch poster. Welcome back, sunshine.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:23 AM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
He's done better than Roy Williams did at KU. Calapari had the best team ever and lost in the title game. How was Self supposed to win last night? Make those outside shots for his team? Block Oregons 50 ft three pointers?
Roy would have lucked into a natty by now too.

I don't hate Self and I don't want him fired, but he has underachieved in the tournament during his time at KU.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:33 AM 03-26-2017
9 EE appearances for Bill
8x he was the Vegas favorite
2x he won

Yeah, there's a problem here.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:10 AM 03-26-2017
If anything, it does make me wonder if there's an equivalent to advance scouting in college bb. I know there's a philosophy in some circles that a team should only focus on their upcoming opponent, but compare this to the Royals (cross-sport, I know). In 2015 they were sending scouts to see the Yankees-Mets matchups in August to analyze a potential World Series matchup. Additionally, they had been scouting the Jays in person for two months before we eventually met in the ALCS (which, would have been all for naught if we lost to the Astros).

Bill has seemed to struggle in the second weekend matchup, and it makes me wonder if its an issue of prep.

I know it could also easily be written off as the traditional sample size/crapshoot issue.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:47 AM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
In basketball & football...hell in every sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-)

THAT is fucking priceless coming from a Mizzou fan
[Reply]
ARROW2 11:47 AM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, have him make even a few of the threes he normally makes and they probably win this game. And that's even with Josh Jackson playing one of the worst games of his college career.

It sucks, but that's what can happen sometimes when your entire season comes down to one game. You run the risk of your best players having an off night. This KU team could have dealt with one of their best players playing poorly, but two was just too many.
Jackson had a double double and 5 assists, despite limited playing time due to two early fouls. I didn't see them. Were they ticky tack? KU should have made him first option all year anyway. Can't depend on small guards. Graham (FOHEAD) on the other hand, went 0-7. Pounding it inside to a stiff like Lucas was stupid as fuck too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:09 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If anything, it does make me wonder if there's an equivalent to advance scouting in college bb. I know there's a philosophy in some circles that a team should only focus on their upcoming opponent, but compare this to the Royals (cross-sport, I know). In 2015 they were sending scouts to see the Yankees-Mets matchups in August to analyze a potential World Series matchup. Additionally, they had been scouting the Jays in person for two months before we eventually met in the ALCS (which, would have been all for naught if we lost to the Astros).

Bill has seemed to struggle in the second weekend matchup, and it makes me wonder if its an issue of prep.

I know it could also easily be written off as the traditional sample size/crapshoot issue.
That is a good thought and could very well be.

I'm hoping it wasn't something retarded like they were partying too hard or some stupid shit. Graham and Jackson looked slow. Jackson eventually turned it up, but Graham looked a step slow all night.

I have no basis in anything at all. None. I just hope it isn't the case.

And it's probably not. It's probably cumulative minutes, stress from expectations, pressing from an off night or whatever.
[Reply]
DJay23 12:44 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

At this point with his record in Elite 8s it almost has to be something to do with the preparation process.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 12:55 PM 03-26-2017
Holy shit chicken littles...this team was on the losing end of a game for the 5th time this year. 67 other teams in this tourney are going to lose too, and finish the year with worst records.

Back away from the cliffs.

That said...tell me about our roster next year and what our strengths and weaknesses will be.

[Reply]
gblowfish 01:33 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Holy shit chicken littles...this team was on the losing end of a game for the 5th time this year. 67 other teams in this tourney are going to lose too, and finish the year with worst records.
Gotta love KU Basketball Fans.
Attached: billunderbus.gif (30.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:37 PM 03-26-2017

That said...tell me about our roster next year and what our strengths and weaknesses will be.

Make the thread. We can put next year talk in there, and continued meltdown in here.
[Reply]
eDave 01:39 PM 03-26-2017
It appeared to me that KU played the same game they've played all year. It didn't work out this time. Hell, it's easy to defend.

Purdue laid out the plan for Oregon. Oregon had better athletes to pull it off.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:42 PM 03-26-2017

[Reply]
Page 216 of 237
« First < 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226 > Last »
Up