ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 215 of 791
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265315715 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:07 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
FWIW, Nate Taylor said on his The Athletic Q&A yesterday that he expects the Chiefs to make a run at Landon Collins and Anthony Barr.
I’m at a full chub right now
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:11 PM 03-09-2019
Actually, if we had#29, #30 and two #2's (or #29 and 3 #2's)-
with Collins and Barr-
I think I'd take Adderley at #29 and the best DE/Edge guy on your board along with TWO CORNERS.
You're gonna need 'em, grow 'em and develop them yourself. And I'd probably take one in the second round every year, forever, whether you think you need one or not. Because you will, sooner or later, and if you've always got one in the wings you never have to pay a Steve Nelson $12 fucking million dollars a year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:17 PM 03-09-2019
One area where Barr and Collins both excel is blitzing. They’re great at it, and those exotic pressures are a cornerstone of Spagnuolo’s scheme.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:19 PM 03-09-2019
One area where Barr and Collins both excel is blitzing. They’re great at it, and those exotic pressures are a cornerstone of Spagnuolo’s scheme.

dude...you...gotta...stop. I can't...I just...I can't...

:-)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:19 PM 03-09-2019
Is the bank going to have to be broken to get Jordan Hicks?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:24 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Is the bank going to have to be broken to get Jordan Hicks?
probably; he's kind of a strictly a WSLB or MLB. I guess you COULD play him at SAM although his 6'1 height worries me a bit as someone who would be tasked with covering 6'4" TE's a lot. So I don't think he fits there.

I doubt Veach is willing to move on from Hitchens that soon; and it's clear that Hitchens was signed to be our MLB.

You could play Hicks at WSLB, but I think that was the plan for D'OD and I think he showed enough to move forward with him there.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:35 PM 03-09-2019
Wow Barr and Collins would be huge with I'd assume 4 top 100 picks?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:36 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
dude...you...gotta...stop. I can't...I just...I can't...

:-)
Just a little dot connectin’. :-)

Now my hypothetical question becomes this: if you sign Barr to be your SAM, Hitchens is MIKE, and DOD is WILL, who plays in your sub packages? I would assume they go Barr/Hitchens in nickel and use DOD for some long yardage/matchup specific situations. Maybe against teams with great receiving backs you replace Hitchens with DOD more. Now that I envision it, I like the potential of blitzes with all three of those guys.

A good problem to have I suppose. Moves like Barr/Collins scare a lot of fans because they can be expensive, but I view them more as necessary risks to get over that SB hump.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Wow Barr and Collins would be huge with I'd assume 4 top 100 picks?
We already have 4. We could have 5 if/after we trade Ford.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:42 PM 03-09-2019
Just a little dot connectin’. :-)

Now my hypothetical question becomes this: if you sign Barr to be your SAM, Hitchens is MIKE, and DOD is WILL, who plays in your sub packages? I would assume they go Barr/Hitchens in nickel and use DOD for some long yardage/matchup specific situations. Maybe against teams with great receiving backs you replace Hitchens with DOD more. Now that I envision it, I like the potential of blitzes with all three of those guys.

A good problem to have I suppose. Moves like Barr/Collins scare a lot of fans because they can be expensive, but I view them more as necessary risks to get over that SB hump.
It allows for a ton of flexibility. a TON. You can do almost anything you want; 'big nickel' with Barr; cover nickel with D'OD for late down, long yardage, Or just exploit personnel matchups with whichever you want to.

I'd literally be okay with a #1 or early #2 DE paired with an inexpensive vet to get Collins and Barr. The DL stunts and crosses that NE and Spagnuolo have used in the past will make up for the youth, I think.

And you won't be able to run on us.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:43 PM 03-09-2019
The CEO of my company is from Minnesota and watches the Vikings every week, he also played college ball.

He said that Barr sometimes has effort issues - but when he's 'dialed in' he's one of the best in the league.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:48 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It allows for a ton of flexibility. a TON. You can do almost anything you want; 'big nickel' with Barr; cover nickel with D'OD for late down, long yardage, Or just exploit personnel matchups with whichever you want to.

I'd literally be okay with a #1 or early #2 DE paired with an inexpensive vet to get Collins and Barr. The DL stunts and crosses that NE and Spagnuolo have used in the past will make up for the youth, I think.

And you won't be able to run on us.
That’s what I’m seeing in my head too. With Jones and Nnadi probably killing it inside, you let those headhunter types get after it. DOD, Hitchens, and Barr all have displayed aggression with their pursuit over the years. I think they will get after people in that scheme. Speaks plays pretty tough too against the run, but he’s obviously got some developing to do (nothing wrong with that). Collins, likewise, loves to get after people in the run game.

And while some would probably say it isn’t ideal to pay large sums of money to two off ball LBs such as Barr and Hitchens, I would counter by saying it’s even less ideal to not aggressively pursue upgrades at the position just because you haven’t saw full return on investment yet from Hitchens. It’s much the same philosophy for me with Berry and the safety position. Contract hasn’t worked out, that sucks. But don’t let that keep you from doing all you can to get better at the position.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:53 PM 03-09-2019
I’ll admit though that I don’t expect Barr to be a Chief based on the things I’ve read. Sounds like some teams, such as the Jets or Lions, are prepared to pay him huge amounts of money.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:03 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We already have 4. We could have 5 if/after we trade Ford.
Stand corrected. Man I googled Anthony Barr just to see what his stats were the interest for him is deep not sure how we get him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:04 PM 03-09-2019
I’ll admit though that I don’t expect Barr to be a Chief based on the things I’ve read. Sounds like some teams, such as the Jets or Lions, are prepared to pay him huge amounts of money.
Correct me if I'm wrong but we have around 8 mil now trading Ford would out us around 23? I think we could get creative
[Reply]
Page 215 of 791
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265315715 > Last »
Up