Page 214 of 449
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 09-19-2019
Who is this guy? Has a blue check mark tho

Jalen Ramsey will be a Kansas City Chief by the end of tomorrow.

— Eric Knifong (@e_knifongTV) September 19, 2019

[Reply]
DaFace 08:50 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I get what you're saying but Ramsey facing our offense and facing the Pats defense is night and day regarding speed, scheme and the arm strength of the respective QB's. IF we get Jalen and he can shut down one side of the field, that really does change things because now Brady has to think a little more before he takes a shot and that may give our DL much more time to get to him. Nothing would be certain I know but I believe even if we lost with Jalen he is a long term investment that is worth going for. The Pats won't be in our way forever, will they? :-)
No, but if the price ends up being two first round draft picks plus losing Jones (due to the cap), I'm not sure that makes us better in the coming years.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:50 AM 09-19-2019
If this deal happens it's not until the deadline. I'm 100% sure of that. Teams don't usually trade players immediately after they request a trade. The M. Fitzpatrick trade was an outlier and the only reason the Minkah trade happened so soon is because Pit gave the Dolphins a top 10 pick and the Dolphins will have 2 picks in the top 10 and 3 picks in the first round. They can really set up their future in the next 2 years having probably 3 top 10 picks, 4 first rounders and 6 picks in the first 2 rounds. So that trade happened because it was so beneficial to the Phins and they got an offer they couldn't refuse.

The Jags aren't getting what they are asking for unless some idiot team is going to overpay, but as far as we all know, that's not happening. So whoever ends up getting trading for Ramsey is going to wait for the deadline and the Jags to get desperate. This will give us enough time to see how this defense looks and hopefully more CBs will be available at the time. Maybe the D looks really good and then we won't have to trade for a Jalen Ramsey. Maybe we can just get a good rental type CB that only costs a 2nd or a 3rd.

Don't get me wrong, I want to trade for Ramsey, but there is no reason to over pay in a trade. We should just give it a few weeks and see how this defense is coming along. It will also give us enough time to see how Claiborne does. Also I want to keep Jones and I don't think it will be possible to sign Ramsey and sign Jones long term. So, no rush guys. Keep those strokes long and slow, boys. I think this is going to take awhile.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:51 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
What is the offer?
Well I dunno what the offer is to be honest..I'd probably offer them 2 1's but in a conditional form.

1, conditional 3 and 5.

It's 2 1's if we win the SB, it's a 2 if he's an all pro.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 08:51 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Look I’d love to be wrong here.

But can anyone really tell me that they see this defense holding NE under 30-40? I can’t.

They’ll paper cut our zone defense to death.
Where it's played, will have an effect too. At NE, going to be harder than to win a shootout than at KC. But, why not try to improve your chances with an elite corner. And the team is going to need a corner moving forward anyway. Breeland is only here 1 year. Look at what's behind him...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:51 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
There's no such thing as overpaying for a 25y/o top 1 corner as good as Ramsey. Deals like that just don't happen. Deion? Champ? Either way, even two 1sts wouldn't be overpaying. He's better than Mack and no one shrugged at that. And our picks will be better than Chicago's, who got lucky their pick was as low as it was.

People get so attached to the idea of winning and losing a trade. If you can get a player as good as Ramsey even for 2 1sts, and you're a legit SB favorite, ****ing do it. Even IF those two 28th-32nd ranked prospects help in a few years, it won't be as much as Ramsey and it won't be now.
It not just the two 28-32 picks you are missing for two years. It’s Potential other Chiefs having to go, including Chris Jones. Theirs a reason elite interior d lineman make more than elite corners. I’m all for getting Ramsey, but don’t think we should stupidly overpay.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:52 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

RGR follows him.

He’s probably just making a prediction.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:53 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
No, but if the price ends up being two first round draft picks plus losing Jones (due to the cap), I'm not sure that makes us better in the coming years.
We'd be getting draft picks for Jones no doubt so that would lessen the blow, right? And I think we'd probably get decent picks for Jones even though I'm praying if we do get Jalen then Veach will find a way to keep Jones too.
[Reply]
-King- 08:54 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I just think that's an awfully strong opinion. We've blown multiple coverages in two games where our defense has allowed an average of 16 points. Meanwhile, the Pats have played two awful teams, and who knows if AB will even still be in the league for the playoffs.

Again, I'm all for Ramsey if it makes sense, but there are plenty of examples in teams that went all in for a player and that set them back years. If he doesn't want work out, the world isn't going to end.
We've played 2 awful teams too including a team with a backup first year QB. That QB set a record for straight completions against us. I don't really want to even think of what Brady, AB, Gordon, and Edelman could do.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:54 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
RGR follows him.

He’s probably just making a prediction.
WHAT IF HE'S A PSYCHO!!?

*PSYCHIC!!?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:55 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hate to tell you this bud, but Ramsey ain’t changing that. He’ll help but won’t change it.

The Patriots have put as good of a team around Brady as he has ever had. It fucking sucks.

Gonna have to have Pat outscore them
Ramsey actually gives a shot at stopping the Pats in a third and short passing situation, which is key. He much more easily allows the defense to confidently play bump man. If he can even help us get just one or two stops that way, that’ll be enough, IMO.

We don’t need to stop them completely, we just need to be able to get timely stops.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 09-19-2019
If you trade a first and more, that pick is probably gonna be like #30 or so.

Say you tag and trade Jones and a team like the Bucs would give you their first for him and it's pick 14 or so.

That would be nice.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:56 AM 09-19-2019
I think there is some serious underselling on how good Ramsey is considering we are in a time of a great shortage of top level DB's.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:56 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

Very interesting. Appears to be a news camera guy who loves the Chiefs and has a thousand followers. Maybe he's got wind of something via his media connections? Hope so.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:56 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
If this deal happens it's not until the deadline. I'm 100% sure of that. Teams don't usually trade players immediately after they request a trade. The M. Fitzpatrick trade was an outlier and the only reason the Minkah trade happened so soon is because Pit gave the Dolphins a top 10 pick and the Dolphins will have 2 picks in the top 10 and 3 picks in the first round. They can really set up their future in the next 2 years having probably 3 top 10 picks, 4 first rounders and 6 picks in the first 2 rounds. So that trade happened because it was so beneficial to the Phins and they got an offer they couldn't refuse.

The Jags aren't getting what they are asking for unless some idiot team is going to overpay, but as far as we all know, that's not happening. So whoever ends up getting trading for Ramsey is going to wait for the deadline and the Jags to get desperate. This will give us enough time to see how this defense looks and hopefully more CBs will be available at the time. Maybe the D looks really good and then we won't have to trade for a Jalen Ramsey. Maybe we can just get a good rental type CB that only costs a 2nd or a 3rd.

Don't get me wrong, I want to trade for Ramsey, but there is no reason to over pay in a trade. We should just give it a few weeks and see how this defense is coming along. It will also give us enough time to see how Claiborne does. Also I want to keep Jones and I don't think it will be possible to sign Ramsey and sign Jones long term. So, no rush guys. Keep those strokes long and slow, boys. I think this is going to take awhile.
Not a chance this goes until then...they know he wants out, it isn't going to change, and you risk more blow ups or him getting hurt and ruining what ever value you had.

He'll be traded by the end of the weekend IMO.
[Reply]
Page 214 of 449
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314 > Last »
Up