« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
RunKC 08:37 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Look I’d love to be wrong here.

But can anyone really tell me that they see this defense holding NE under 30-40? I can’t.

They’ll paper cut our zone defense to death.
Hate to tell you this bud, but Ramsey ain’t changing that. He’ll help but won’t change it.

The Patriots have put as good of a team around Brady as he has ever had. It fucking sucks.

Gonna have to have Pat outscore them
[Reply]
Mecca 08:37 AM 09-19-2019
It only took 50 years for good teams to realize their draft picks don't mean shit, it only matters if your team is ass.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I just think that's an awfully strong opinion. We've blown multiple coverages in two games where our defense has allowed an average of 16 points. Meanwhile, the Pats have played two awful teams, and who knows if AB will even still be in the league for the playoffs.

Again, I'm all for Ramsey if it makes sense, but there are plenty of examples in teams that went all in for a player and that set them back years. If he doesn't want work out, the world isn't going to end.
I look at it more long term in that if you do this, you pretty much have to tag and trade and move on from Jones to recoup some of the picks. Now, I think that was or is the plan anyway as soon as they traded and gave Clark what they did.

So if that's your plan, Ramsey would actually fit in that he's 24, you could have him for the next 4 years to grow with this young nucleus.

It's risky though.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:38 AM 09-19-2019
OK GUYS, I'VE FOUND THE VIDEO OF SCHEFTER'S COMMENTS HERE at 7:30

For those who can't see it he says...

Originally Posted by :
"I THINK THE CHIEFS HAVE CHECKED IN. I DON'T THINK THAT THEY ARE A FAVOURITE RIGHT NOW, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY COULDN'T DECIDE TO UP THEIR OFFER AND MAKE IT HAPPEN, LET'S SEE HOW THIS WEEKEND GOES. BUT I DON'T SEE THEM RIGHT NOW AS THE LIKELY LANDING SPOT"
To me he's not really saying anything, is he? He pretty much confirms that we've made an offer and if we up it the deal could happen. Jalen himself also has to be on board with a trade so IF he wants to come here and Veach makes the right offer I see nothing stopping us from getting him. The fact that we are the only team he's talked about during that segment speaks volumes imo.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:42 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hate to tell you this bud, but Ramsey ain’t changing that. He’ll help but won’t change it.

The Patriots have put as good of a team around Brady as he has ever had. It ****ing sucks.

The one thing we know for a FACT is their defense/Belichick has conceded 30 plus points twice against our offense. An offense which imo could be better this year. So it's not about shutting them down it's merely about our defense holding them off enough so our offense can take full advantage. And getting Ramsey ups those odds tremendously.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:42 AM 09-19-2019
I'd offer them a 1 and a conditional 3, not sure why this isn't the offer.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 08:43 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
This is just not true. An elite corner would improve our chances, but I like our chances even if we don’t. I definitely don’t want to over pay at the expense of future years. That model has proven to be ineffective.
Again, the cost of picks, etc. has to be weighed. Just because you acquire that elite corner doesn't mean it comes at the cost of future years. There's going to be disagreement on this, but you would have the option of recouping some picks either through trading that elite corner at come point or through a deal involving Chris Jones. And if you are talking about models, look at what NE puts more emphasis on: the secondary.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

The Patriots have put as good of a team around Brady as he has ever had. It ****ing sucks.

I don't know about that.

You could put Ramsey outside on one of those guys and take him away.

People kind of overlook it because of his antics, but he's a really good player.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:45 AM 09-19-2019
Schefter's comments are clearly Jacksonville talking directly to the Chiefs, that they're the closest or one of them and Jacksonville is trying to drum up a rush to overpay. Same thing with yesterday's announcement that Jalen was going to play tonight against the Titans.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:46 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
OK GUYS, I'VE FOUND THE VIDEO OF SCHEFTER'S COMMENTS HERE "I THINK THE CHIEFS HAVE CHECKED IN. I DON'T THINK THAT THEY ARE A FAVOURITE RIGHT NOW, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY COULDN'T DECIDED TO UP THEIR OFFER AND MAKE IT HAPPEN, LET'S SEE HOW THIS WEEKEND GOES. BUT I DON'T SEE THEM RIGHT NOW AS THE LIKELY LANDING SPOT".
Notice he covers his ass - translation - "I don't know shit either, if I were a betting man, I don't like KC's chances of landing Ramsey. However, if they step up and decide to get him, I feel it's possible."

yeah - he knows shit
[Reply]
Mulliganman 08:46 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
It pretty much does, IMO.
Nothing is guaranteed. But, Ramsey or another elite corner certainly improves our chances.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:46 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The one thing we know for a FACT is their defense/Belichick has conceded 30 plus points twice against our offense. An offense which imo could be better this year. So it's not about shutting them down it's merely about our defense holding them off enough so our offense can take full advantage. And getting Ramsey ups those odds tremendously.
Ya we’re not gonna have to keep to Patriots to like 10 points or anything. If we can hold them under, like, 28, our chances of winning are exceptionally high.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:47 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's like people forget that we just played him and destroyed him. Belichick and Brady would just scheme around him.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't make us better, just that he's not the only one who matters. To me, we'd probably be 50/50 against the Pats, and he might move it to 60/40. That doesn't mean that he doesn't matter, but I care a lot more about getting a lot of chances at the SB over getting it done this year.
I get what you're saying but Ramsey facing our offense and facing the Pats defense is night and day regarding speed, scheme and the arm strength of the respective QB's. IF we get Jalen and he can shut down one side of the field, that really does change things because now Brady has to think a little more before he takes a shot and that may give our DL much more time to get to him. Nothing would be certain I know but I believe even if we lost with Jalen he is a long term investment that is worth going for. The Pats won't be in our way forever, will they? :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 08:49 AM 09-19-2019

I don't think some understand the type of prospect he was coming out either, if the Chiefs wanted to draft this guy it would cost more than 2 1st round picks.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:49 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'd offer them a 1 and a conditional 3, not sure why this isn't the offer.
What is the offer?
[Reply]
Page 213 of 449
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263313 > Last »
Up