ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 213 of 791
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263313713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:39 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Which would we rather have? #30 pick or a swap for #12 & #29? Is it better to have a high pick or an extra 1st?
Draft pick calculator shows that combination nearly a wash. Ie, 29+30 are a slight, slight bit more valuable than 12 but it’s very close

I think it depends how it plays out. If we trade Ford and keep Houston and Berry, I think we go get the 12 and go pass rusher. If we lose all 3, we look for some depth and keep the late round picks and address other issues in FA.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:40 PM 03-09-2019
Which would we rather have? #30 pick or a swap for #12 & #29? Is it better to have a high pick or an extra 1st?
I'd rather have the extra first because if someone dropped who we really like we can use them both to get him
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:45 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Is Mahomo 4 life Penbrook? Bc I’ve noticed that guy only comes around in the offseason
I’ve been here throughout the season
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:57 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Is Mahomo 4 life Penbrook? Bc I’ve noticed that guy only comes around in the offseason
I’ve been gone a while. What happened to Penbrook? Lol like ChiefsandOs who are only around in the off-season that I recall
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:00 PM 03-09-2019
Statistically speaking I’d rather have the two firsts. that’s two fifth year options while Mahomes, hill, and Jones are getting paid during a uperbowl window. Not to mention the odds of coming out with at least one of those picks being a 10 year type player.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:06 PM 03-09-2019
I think the extra #1. You get an extra year on their contract.

I also don't think that some of the players at #12 are significantly better than #29 and #30.

A little bit, maybe, but not a LOT better.

your real blue chip guys are gone in the first 8-10 spots, IMO. then some workout warriors have moved themselves up, but in real football production terms, I don't know that they're really that much better.

Plenty of good defensive football players in rounds one and two, I think.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:09 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think the extra #1. You get an extra year on their contract.

I also don't think that some of the players at #12 are significantly better than #29 and #30.

A little bit, maybe, but not a LOT better.

your real blue chip guys are gone in the first 8-10 spots, IMO. then some workout warriors have moved themselves up, but in real football production terms, I don't know that they're really that much better.

Plenty of good defensive football players in rounds one and two, I think.
This. Two firsts and two seconds, albeit late seconds, would go a long way toward reloading this defense.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:12 PM 03-09-2019
A lot of the first round level players that play positions of need for KC (secondary specifically) are being mocked in the late first anyways. Knowing that, I’d probably just take the extra pick later in the round.

At 12, you aren’t getting a corner or safety THAT much better if at all than what will be there at 29. And as good as a Devin White or T.J. Hockensen might be at 12, that still likely leaves you with massive holes in your secondary or edge rush.
[Reply]
In58men 06:14 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
A lot of the first round level players that play positions of need for KC (secondary specifically) are being mocked in the late first anyways. Knowing that, I’d probably just take the extra pick later in the round.

At 12, you aren’t getting a corner or safety THAT much better if at all than what will be there at 29. And as good as a Devin White or T.J. Hockensen might be at 12, that still likely leaves you with massive holes in your secondary or edge rush.
I like Clelin Ferrell @ 12
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:18 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
I like Clelin Ferrell @ 12
I like him too, but is he 17 spots better than Omenihu?

I've just watched highlight reels on them both. I think either is great.

More to the point; is having him better than getting Adderley + Omenihu?

Just a thought.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:22 PM 03-09-2019

Just a thought.
Yeah, Ferrell is better. I also think Omenihu looks more explosive inside than on the edge when I’ve watched him. Burns would be my guy if they got to 12 and he was there. Really, really good player

I also love Adderley so I’d be totally fine with getting him at 29 depending on how this first round goes
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:22 PM 03-09-2019

Just a thought.
Omenihu is projected to be a late second early third round pick
[Reply]
Iconic 06:24 PM 03-09-2019
Man I don't know, you could make the argument the talent you find at 12 will have a greater impact than two late 1s.

Sweat, Burns, Ferrell, Oliver even White could be there at 12.

But I won't lie getting Rapp and Adderley both in the first makes me want to nut.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:26 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Man I don't know, you could make the argument the talent you find at 12 will have a greater impact than two late 1s.

Sweat, Burns, Ferrell, Oliver even White could be there at 12.

But I won't lie, getting Rap and Adderley both in the first makes me want to nut.
Yep. But I think 2 solid impact players could be had at 29, 30. Also gives you 2 players with 5th year options.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:29 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Omenihu is projected to be a late second early third round pick

I see him going in the second a ton. dozens of simulations and he's always gone after our second round picks.

So use whatever guy you like, the individual player wasn't the point.

what I'm saying is that I don't think other than the first obvious couple of guys at DE/Edge that there's not much difference between the rest of them. Some are quicker, some are stronger, but they're all pretty damned good football players.
[Reply]
Page 213 of 791
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263313713 > Last »
Up