Page 212 of 449
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:22 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's like people think that Ramsey makes us a 100% lock for the Super Bowl.
Well it's hardly a surprise considering he would vastly improve a defense that already looks better than last year and last year our bad defense took us to one offsides mistake away from the superbowl. We'd be clear favourites imo.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:22 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
It pretty much does, IMO.
I bet our Vegas odds would hardly move.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:24 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
I bet our Vegas odds would hardly move.
I think it would put us with NE as a pickem.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 08:24 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Well it's hardly a surprise considering he would vastly improve a defense that already looks better than last year and last year our bad defense took us to one offsides mistake away from the superbowl. We'd be clear favourites imo.
Ya I think us getting ramsey would be more of a positive impact on us than AB joining the pats is a positive impact on them. I thought we had the edge before and if we get Ramsey we definitely will again. Assuming health isn't an issue for either team
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:25 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Why is everyone so down this morning?
Because our CBs are unproven at best, fucking suck at worst, are mostly gone after this season, and we're having to hesitate to pull the trigger on what should be a no brainer decision because of our GMs awful asset management
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:26 AM 09-19-2019
Y’all are silly if you think this team is beating NE IF they have all their WRs as currently comprised and our secondary isn’t upgraded.

They will score at will.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:26 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It's like people forget that we just played him and destroyed him. Belichick and Brady would just scheme around him.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't make us better, just that he's not the only one who matters. To me, we'd probably be 50/50 against the Pats, and he might move it to 60/40. That doesn't mean that he doesn't matter, but I care a lot more about getting a lot of chances at the SB over getting it done this year.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:28 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Y’all are silly if you think this team is beating NE IF they have all their WRs as currently comprised and our secondary isn’t upgraded.

They will score at will.
Do you think our defense will get better as they learn the scheme? Or is two games all you need to evaluate an NFL team?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:29 AM 09-19-2019
Whether NE decides to avoid him or not doesn’t matter. It still changes the game completely and makes things much easier for us.

He can take any of their WRs and hold up without help. That lets us double
one or two of the other guys. Right now none of our corners allow that flexibility whatsoever.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:30 AM 09-19-2019
Do you think our defense will get better as they learn the scheme? Or is two games all you need to evaluate an NFL team?
This isn’t a scheme issue. They can learn all the intricacies they want, AB/Gordon/Edelman will shred our ass.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 AM 09-19-2019
It's like people forget that we just played him and destroyed him. Belichick and Brady would just scheme around him.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't make us better, just that he's not the only one who matters. To me, we'd probably be 50/50 against the Pats, and he might move it to 60/40. That doesn't mean that he doesn't matter, but I care a lot more about getting a lot of chances at the SB over getting it done this year.
And like I said before, look at how say NE is built, in todays NFL having elite players at the back end is better for the defense since teams are throwing the ball in 2 seconds.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:31 AM 09-19-2019
Look I’d love to be wrong here.

But can anyone really tell me that they see this defense holding NE under 30-40? I can’t.

They’ll paper cut our zone defense to death.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:33 AM 09-19-2019
Look I’d love to be wrong here.

But can anyone really tell me that they see this defense holding NE under 30-40? I can’t.

They’ll paper cut our zone defense to death.
Maybe but the only way it happens is if the front can defend the run. I think Breeland has a decent shot with Gordon as Gordon isn't some quick twitch guy.

The biggest issues are of course AB and Edelman, in reality they should be trying to abuse those guys at the line because of the 1 second passes.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:35 AM 09-19-2019
This isn’t a scheme issue. They can learn all the intricacies they want, AB/Gordon/Edelman will shred our ass.
I just think that's an awfully strong opinion. We've blown multiple coverages in two games where our defense has allowed an average of 16 points. Meanwhile, the Pats have played two awful teams, and who knows if AB will even still be in the league for the playoffs.

Again, I'm all for Ramsey if it makes sense, but there are plenty of examples in teams that went all in for a player and that set them back years. If he doesn't want work out, the world isn't going to end.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:37 AM 09-19-2019

Players see that you can talk your way out of an unwanted situation, NBA-style, while teams now are more willing than ever to deal away first-round picks. @AlbertBreer on why the NFL trade market is suddenly blowing up: https://t.co/2io3a7yJPs pic.twitter.com/6ZUXngL7kG

— The MMQB (@theMMQB) September 19, 2019

[Reply]
Page 212 of 449
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312 > Last »
Up