ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 328
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:27 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You're so kind. Thank you for offering such constructive criticism in an intelligent manner.
It's shame you weren't in Ventura's car.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:30 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Such a nice guy. I wish you well.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:36 AM 07-26-2018
I don't agree with his take on us winning by pure luck, but I do agree with a lot of the rest that he said. He said the Royals rested on their laurels and didn't do enough after the world series to continue to build a sustainable system. He's right. They kept all of our star players for nostalgia and basically coasted into 2016 and 2017. Fans would have been initially pissed, but if the front office had done a better job of projecting their outlook for 2016-2017 they could have easily made the decision to sell off our assets and gotten the rebuild started sooner. 2 postseasons and 3 winning seasons in 12 or so years for this regime just isn't enough. We shouldn't have to go through 7 year rebuilds every decade just to have 2-3 years of winning baseball.
K.

Dayton Moore trades Duffy, Hosmer, Moustakas and Perez for a collection of prospects before St. Patrick's Day 2016 and lets Gordon walk.

Would that be "building a sustainable system"?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:45 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
K.

Dayton Moore trades Duffy, Hosmer, Moustakas and Perez for a collection of prospects before St. Patrick's Day 2016 and lets Gordon walk.

Would that be "building a sustainable system"?
Yep just blow the bitch up and start from scratch to make kcchiefsus, Fangraph douchebag and Dane happy.

Even though in 2016 it was Cain and Moose being hurt and 2017 Ventura's death that caused them not to make it 4 straight playoff appearances.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:54 AM 07-26-2018
Yep just blow the bitch up and start from scratch to make kcchiefsus, Fangraph douchebag and Dane happy.

Even though in 2016 it was Cain and Moose being hurt and 2017 Ventura's death that caused them not to make it 4 straight playoff appearances.
Are you okay? Why so angry?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:55 AM 07-26-2018

Shit, forgot about Cain.

Whatever though. The options were to either blow up the 25 man roster Loria style or let things play out as they had with the idea that a cornerstone player in Ventura isn't going to die tragically.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:56 AM 07-26-2018
ChiefsCountry has really turned into Dane Jr over the years he never use to post like that.

The Royals have a high payroll and a terrible team they can absolutely critiqued on how they've done things. Responding with personal insults literally answers no questions that are being posed here, it's just a deflection.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:59 AM 07-26-2018
Today I Learned that "high payroll" is defined as being in the bottom half of the league.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:02 AM 07-26-2018

I think BWillie is in that camp too.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:03 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Today I Learned that "high payroll" is defined as being in the bottom half of the league.
When your payroll is over 100 million dollars you should not hit the all star break with one of the 5 worst records in the history of baseball.

The Royals are literally marred by a ton of bad decisions yet somehow Dayton Moore shouldn't be held to the fire about, how's this make sense?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:23 AM 07-26-2018
I don't think GMDM should be immune to criticism, but to see that guy (Dan) imply that the Royals should have 'Blown things up' in either 2016 (while they were still the defending World Champs) or 2017 prior to the trade deadline, when they were actually sitting in the second Wild Card spot, is just unbelievably stupid.

I mean, it's great to have 20/20 hindsight and all, but you would have had a fan revolt if Moore traded off all the star players while they were still competing for a playoff spot.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:38 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I think BWillie is in that camp too.
I didn't want them to blow things up. I wanted them to pick an identity. EITHER - go for it. Or don't. I don't like stop gaps. Either get max value from the guys you have that are controllable (other teams like that) - or go for it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:39 AM 07-26-2018
Dude, you have become unhinged talking about this stuff. It's gonna be OK, ok?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:42 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I didn't want them to blow things up. I wanted them to pick an identity. EITHER - go for it. Or don't. I don't like stop gaps. Either get max value from the guys you have that are controllable (other teams like that) - or go for it.
That's my take as well. If they weren't going to blow it up they should have gone all in. Instead they just stayed in the middle and basically rode the roster as it was without doing everything possible to have one last chance. Signing marginal talents like Kennedy or that stupid Padres trade obviously weren't nearly enough.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:23 AM 07-26-2018
Are you okay? Why so angry?
He's been a shithead from day 1. He was spat out his mom's ass that way, don't blame him.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 328
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Up