ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 268
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:15 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You HATE it.

And you saw it TWICE. :-)
I saw it twice because I bought tickets in September.

Once for Thursday night at Arclight Hollywood and again on Saturday at the Burbank AMC for my family.

I haven't seen it since and will not repeat that mistake with Episode IX.

I'm unsure about Solo.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:33 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You HATE it.

And you saw it TWICE. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:38 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
:-)
Not funny, Buttfuck.

I bought tickets two months in advance.

Moron.

You need to pick better battles.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:41 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Or, the word of mouth for Episode VIII is so bad that people have stayed away and have refused to see it more than once.
Ep. VII
1st Star Wars movie in 10 years
1st Star Wars movie with main original characters in 32 years
turned out to be re-hash of Ep. IV

Ep. VIII
1st Star Wars movie in 1 year
1st Star Wars movie with main original characters in 2 years
No Han Solo

Why isn't VIII doing the exact same business as VII????
It must suck, just like Empire's lower box office means it sucked and killed the franchise. :-)
Do you know anything about movies?

Please let this mean you won't see IX and we don't have to hear you drone on about it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:00 PM 01-04-2018
Tuesday was a 71.6% drop from last week. Wednesday was a 76.1% drop from last week. Thursday (today) will probably look even worse because of the weather.

The weekend numbers will be interesting to look at, in order to see if there's a make up bounce.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:02 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Ep. VII

Ep. VIII
1st Star Wars movie with main original characters in 2 years
No Han Solo

Why isn't VIII doing the exact same business as VII????
It must suck, just like Empire's lower box office means it sucked and killed the franchise. :-)
Do you know anything about movies?

Please let this mean you won't see IX and we don't have to hear you drone on about it.
Good fucking God, it’s true: You are as pathetic as everyone says.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:04 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Tuesday was a 71.6% drop from last week. Wednesday was a 76.1% drop from last week. Thursday (today) will probably look even worse because of the weather.

The weekend numbers will be interesting to look at, in order to see if there's a make up bounce.
It’ll likely come in around $1.2-1.3, as I estimated earlier.

It’ll probably top out at $650 or so Domestically. China doesn’t give a shit about Star Wars so there’s not much more coming in from those territories.

This is definitely going to disappoint the Disney brass.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:20 PM 01-04-2018

It’ll probably top out at $650 or so Domestically. China doesn’t give a shit about Star Wars so there’s not much more coming in from those territories.

Box Office Mojo reports about $124m from China for TFA. If that comes up as short as the domestic, that's going to be a tough one for the suits to swallow. The foreign box office is currently at about 1/2 of the $1,131,561,399 from TFA, at $563,800,000. China should help make up some of the gap, but we're still looking at something like $200m - $300m+ less at the foreign box and trending towards $250m+ less domestic.

Claythan's expectation of it reaching $1.5b is by no means a certainty. Even if it's met, though, Disney's not going to be happy with a drop off of half a billion dollars.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:29 PM 01-04-2018

Ep. VII

Ep. VIII
1st Star Wars movie with (some) main original characters in 2 years
No Han Solo

If Disney brass was expecting the same box office, then they are stupid.
I'm thinking they aren't and you might be.
Dane, I saw the ads for Pitch Perfect 3 and I think it might be more up your alley. You should check it out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:37 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Box Office Mojo reports about $124m from China for TFA. If that comes up as short as the domestic, that's going to be a tough one for the suits to swallow. The foreign box office is currently at about 1/2 of the $1,131,561,399 from TFA, at $563,800,000. China should help make up some of the gap, but we're still looking at something like $200m - $300m+ less at the foreign box and trending towards $250m+ less domestic.

Claythan's expectation of it reaching $1.5b is by no means a certainty. Even if it's met, though, Disney's not going to be happy with a drop off of half a billion dollars.
At this point, $1.5 would be a winner, all things considered but it’s far from a guarantee.

TFA earned $836 million domestically in its first 4 weeks, then $100 million in its final 12.

That doesn’t bode well for a film that’s well off that mark.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 10:02 AM 01-05-2018
I saw this again last night. My first screening was opening night, so it's been a couple of weeks between screenings.

All of the issues I had after the first screening vanished during the second. This movie is really powerful and complex. I really dig the themes being explored. The film really resonates. I remembered the pace being off and the tone mixed. But that wasn't the case this time. Knowing what the film is, what the story is, really helped me watch this thing critically rather than through the amped eyes of expectation and wishful thinking.

I'm glad I saw it a second time in the theater. I doubt I'll go a third time because there's so much else going on and other things I want to see. But this is probably my third favorite film in the franchise, so far.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:21 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And that's all it comes down to.

There were some big lows and some really big highs.

To me, if that throne room scene had paid off later I could have forgiven all the bad that had come before it.

Unfortunately the light saber blows up, Ray is gone, and we have no explanation for how she got on the Falcon.

Whut?

Then there's no real Kylo vs. Ray/Luke scene.

Then the dumb Finn/Asian Shrek scene where no one even shoots at them at the feet of the 1st order.

To me, that throne room scene was where I went from "Oh, OH this is building to something" to a big let down and domino effect...
I'm going to have to watch it again. It gets worse as I reflect on it. Won't watch again until it comes out on video though.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:29 PM 01-05-2018
Looks like my original prediction after the first weekend will end up being right after all. I thought the slight downtick in the week-over-week drop in receipts before Jumanji would get it to $700 million but it looks less likely:

“Ever since New Year’s Day, Jumanji has been whipping Last Jedi on a daily basis. That was the same case on Thursday with Jumanji making an estimated $6M and Last Jedi $4.4M. Jumanji stands at over $208M stateside while Last Jedi is now 29% behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens just prior to its fourth weekend. Rival distributors believe that Last Jedi‘s end game is now in the mid $600M range versus the $700M initially projected. Currently the Rian Johnson-directed movie is the sixth highest on the all-time domestic list, just under Disney’s Marvel’s The Avenger which made $623.3M.”
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:19 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Looks like my original prediction after the first weekend will end up being right after all. I thought the slight downtick in the week-over-week drop in receipts before Jumanji would get it to $700 million but it looks less likely:

“Ever since New Year’s Day, Jumanji has been whipping Last Jedi on a daily basis. That was the same case on Thursday with Jumanji making an estimated $6M and Last Jedi $4.4M. Jumanji stands at over $208M stateside while Last Jedi is now 29% behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens just prior to its fourth weekend. Rival distributors believe that Last Jedi‘s end game is now in the mid $600M range versus the $700M initially projected. Currently the Rian Johnson-directed movie is the sixth highest on the all-time domestic list, just under Disney’s Marvel’s The Avenger which made $623.3M.”
That's because TLJ was a shit movie
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:53 AM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

cherry picking only the USA market is not a true reflection on these global movies.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 268
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261 > Last »
Up