Page 211 of 298
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:06 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I hate it that both Andy and Sutton go ultra conservative when they have a lead in the 2nd half and I have no idea why. Is Andy scared of a game changing INT? Is Sutton just trying to run clock by playing prevent?

Everyone thought this would change with Pat, but it hasn’t.

This happened in the Broncos and Cardinals game too. The offense just shuts down and defense is in full on prevent.

It’s not going to change because this is Andy’s plan. He’s so terrified of losing games that it ends up losing the game anyway. He plays not to lose when he should be pushing the envelope.
My hope is that this game will rattle their cages not to turtle up anymore this year - if we survive with HFA intact.
[Reply]
O.city 02:08 PM 12-18-2018
I don't think it's just Andy though.

I've seen Belicheck do it. It just seems to be the way it is. McVay has gone against it some as a young up and comer but it's kind of bitten him a few times too.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:10 PM 12-18-2018
It also works like 80-90% of the time. How many games with Smiff did we just limp over the finish line, but we still won? We just remember the times that turtling up fails.

There were at least 10 plays in that SD game late that we win the game if they go our way. It really took a combination of bad play and bad luck to lose that game.
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It also works like 80-90% of the time. How many games with Smiff did we just limp over the finish line, but we still won? We just remember the times that turtling up fails.

There were at least 10 plays in that SD game late that we win the game if they go our way. It really took a combination of bad play and bad luck to lose that game.
Sure, but that's the same shit that we said after the Colts game. And the Steeler playoff game. And the (insert game) here.

Granted they win a lot still, but shit. I dunno.
[Reply]
O.city 02:14 PM 12-18-2018

No YOU get over it! pic.twitter.com/qwUKiPSsjx

— His Dirkness (@HisDirknesS) December 18, 2018

I mean......fuck.

This is why you should be able to review it. Or atleast sit in a room with the official and rewatch the play and have them explain what they called.

Like, come one guys, I understand officiating is tough. It's a tough gig, I've done it at the damn junior high level and it's not overly easy.

But god damn.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:17 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

That's my point here.

What Reid did is what everyone does. And everyone does it because it works. If he'd have gone out there bombing downfield he'd have been rightly eviscerated for ignoring the game situation.

Given the state of his interior line, his field position and the game situation, what he did was absolutely defensible if not outright correct. Frankly, I'd have done it exactly the same way. If he'd have simply handed off on that 3rd down or gone back to the interior run on 2nd down, I think there'd be some complaint here but he did dial up a pass on 2nd (it appeared to be a safe single read, but there was a chance to break it off for a bit more) and he called a play that was designed past the sticks on 3rd.

He didn't do anything wrong on that drive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

I mean......fuck.

This is why you should be able to review it. Or atleast sit in a room with the official and rewatch the play and have them explain what they called.

Like, come one guys, I understand officiating is tough. It's a tough gig, I've done it at the damn junior high level and it's not overly easy.

But god damn.
Cost us at least 4 points.

And that's a play where you can't even say "C'mon! That happens on every play! Gonna call it every time?!?!"

Nope - it simply wasn't a penalty at all. That was ridiculous call.
[Reply]
OlineDline 02:20 PM 12-18-2018
The officiating was terrible. Good article that points out the train wreck.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/14/ch...night-football
[Reply]
O.city 02:21 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And that's a play where you can't even say "C'mon! That happens on every play! Gonna call it every time?!?!"

I've gotta believe he just said the wrong number. Right?

You've gotta let these coaches challenge shit like that. That's fucking absurd.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:21 PM 12-18-2018
There should be a way to challenge obviously terrible judgement calls. Other sports do it. It's not impossible.
[Reply]
loochy 02:21 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It doesn't even LOOK like a penalty. It really was just made up out of thin air.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 12-18-2018

I mean......****.

But god damn.
This happened to the Chargers in the 2nd half. Same exact thing.

These officials blow
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:22 PM 12-18-2018
They ran it once and threw it twice.
Entire second half was dink and dunk. Mahomes plays incredibly safe when we have a lead. And I don't think that's because he wants to be a safe qb. You can still pass a ton and be way too conservative. We barely ran the ball in the second half against Tennessee too.
[Reply]
OlineDline 02:23 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
It doesn't even LOOK like a penalty. It really was just made up out of thin air.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's horseshit (thought the wrong number theory should be investigated).

They dinged King (wrongly) for the same hand check on Kelce in the 4th.

The DPI at the end, missed helmet to helmet, offsides....it was bad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 12-18-2018
Sure, but that's the same shit that we said after the Colts game. And the Steeler playoff game. And the (insert game) here.

Granted they win a lot still, but shit. I dunno.
But each of those games was a different sort of stumble-fuck. Andy never actually dialed back on offense in the Colts loss and there's a hell of an argument to be made that he should have. Had he simply kept the ball on the ground and milked clock, it would've been nearly impossible for the Colts to come back in that game. He did exactly what you're asking and it killed him.

The Steelers game...I mean it's just so damn hard to keep an offense going at any strength when you have a defense that's giving them to the 20 yard line every drive like it's nothing. Moreover, it wasn't like Andy got conservative - the offense simply never found footing at all (and, y'know, there was that time that Smith ignored a streaking Tyreek Hill for what would have been the back-breakers).

You just have to look at each collapse individually and in the end, you see that they're a lot like my golf swing. Something different goes awry every damn time. Ultimately we try to hammer each failure into the same mold but when one's a snap hook into the water and the next a slice into the parking lot...shit, what do you do?

And if every swing was a POS, you'd get yourself a different swing coach but when 80% of the time you can count on the ball straight and true to the fairway...well y'know what, it's just not an easy game...
[Reply]
Page 211 of 298
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261 > Last »
Up