ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 210 of 268
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:09 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
How so?
Read the books, comics, etc. No war after Jakku.

Originally Posted by :
The First Order and Snoke had his hands on Kylo Ren as a teenager.
Not the FO. Just Snoke. FO doesn't appear until the start of TFA. There's no large-scale galactic war until TFA. Peace.

The New Republic Government was destroyed. The First Order rules the Galaxy.
No proof of this. No First Order presence on any of the planets in the movies when we initially get there. It appears they are trying to seize power, but they haven't quite pulled it off yet. They are an invading force without a seat of power. Our heroes have risen to the occasion once again.

Originally Posted by :
They're not heroes, they're not fun and there's nothing special about them.
I'm talking about Luke, Han and Leia.

They've been very heroic in this new trilogy. You want to call them losers. They don't feel like that at all to me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:37 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They've been very heroic in this new trilogy. You want to call them losers. They don't feel like that at all to me.
Leia & Han: Divorced, apart, spawned a son that kill Jedi and billions in the galaxy.

Han: Scavenger, lost and lonely.

Leia: Still fighting a war 30 years later.

Luke: Lonely, old, isolated, betrayed by his nephew, living as a monk.

I wouldn't say that any of those people led successful lives, let alone, led lives indicative of the fairy tale ending of Return of the Jedi.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:45 PM 01-04-2018
Leia & Han: Divorced, apart, spawned a son that kill Jedi and billions in the galaxy.

I wouldn't say that any of those people led successful lives, let alone, led lives indicative of the fairy tale ending of Return of the Jedi.
Don't forget Leia is a novice Force User. While supposedly has the same aptitude as Luke per Yoda
[Reply]
Bowser 08:54 PM 01-04-2018
Me, after reading the entirety of this thread post movie release -

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 PM 01-04-2018

I'm sorry we couldn't have a movie with them sitting around having tea and tickling their son.

You want Star Wars Episode VII: FULL HOUSE
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:25 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm sorry we couldn't have a movie with them sitting around having tea and tickling their son.

You want Star Wars Episode VII: FULL HOUSE
Good god.

:-)

There are a million different ways that the trilogy sequel could have gone without destroying the idea of Han, Luke and Leia being heroes that saved the galaxy that lived successful and fruitful lives.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:26 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Me, after reading the entirety of this thread post movie release -
I've never been part of a discussion, in which I've participated to this extent, while absolutely hating the topic of discussion.

This is a new one, even for me.

My dislike of this film grows with each post.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:32 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Pretty much.

This trilogy served to do little more than tell us all that Han pretty much had a nice short run with Leia, then spent his golden years as a miserable vagrant torn up by his shitty parenting while Luke essentially did the same thing and Leia got to spend the next couple of decades realizing that her rebellion is probably amounting to nothing but a long slow grind into likely irrelevance.

So much for dancing bears and fireworks. Nope - life is solitary, nasty, brutish and short, folks. Hope you enjoyed Luke smiling at those force ghosts on Endor because stuff pretty much went to shit for him and all his friends immediately end with the first orderthereafter.

Awesome. I wonder if Disney will make a sequel to Tangled where Repunzel dies of cancer and or Frozen where Anna gets trampled by a horse and Elsa retreats into a shell after she loses control again and kills everyone in town.
It will end with the first order destroyed and freedom in the galaxy. It's not been all unicorns and rainbows. It has been a shit life for the originals. None got to have a happy ending.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:49 PM 01-04-2018
I've never been part of a discussion, in which I've participated to this extent, while absolutely hating the topic of discussion.
Even The Royals, post Cueto trade?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:52 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Even The Royals, post Cueto trade?
As much as I hated the Cueto trade, my dislike of this film far exceeds my dislike of the Cueto trade.

Hey, at least the Royals won.

Han, Luke and Leia all lost.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:59 PM 01-04-2018
As much as I hated the Cueto trade, my dislike of this film far exceeds my dislike of the Cueto trade.

Hey, at least the Royals won.

Han, Luke and Leia all lost.
Dude, yes. Whenever you're pissed off, I'm going to start asking where things land on the Cueto-TLJ scale.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:00 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Dude, yes. Whenever you're pissed off, I'm going to start asking where things land on the Cueto-TLJ scale.
:-)

Perfection!

Happy New Year, Brotha!
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:03 PM 01-04-2018
The is film is going to gross less than 75% of The Force Awakens, which essentially sets up Episode IX as grossing about 50% of The Force Awakens.

Rian Johnson is single-handedly killing the Star Wars franchise.
What a dumb take. It's like you know nothing about anything.

A more sensible explanation is that there was a huge, historic, anticipation for TFA with the return of OT characters after 30+ years. And people saw Han die, 2 seconds of Luke, and a re-hash of Ep. IV. It turned people off, many of whom decided they had outgrown this Star Wars thing and/or decided the whole thing just wasn't that good anymore.

And don't dismiss Rogue One. What was the box office on that? If they are going to put out a movie every year, its going to likely dilute the build-up and excitement of each new one. Star Wars movies aren't rare events any more.

Did Empire do as well as Star Wars? I guess it sucked and killed the franchise.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:13 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
What a dumb take. It's like you know nothing about anything.
Mr. Mult strikes again. Or is that Ms.?

A more sensible explanation is that there was a huge, historic, anticipation for TFA with the return of OT characters after 30+ years. And people saw Han die, 2 seconds of Luke, and a re-hash of Ep. IV. It turned people off, many of whom decided they had outgrown this Star Wars thing and/or decided the whole thing just wasn't that good anymore.
Or, the word of mouth for Episode VIII is so bad that people have stayed away and have refused to see it more than once.

And don't dismiss Rogue One. What was the box office on that? If they are going to put out a movie every year, its going to likely dilute the build-up and excitement of each new one. Star Wars movies aren't rare events any more.
Rogue One wasn't initially expected to do more than about $500 million worldwide. Disney had very low expectations for a "Star Wars Story".

It ended up with $1.056 billion and sold a shit ton of BluRay/DVD/Digital Copies. It also increased the expectations of what a Star Wars Story is supposed to be and it's box office receipts.

Or did you miss the part about KK firing the initial directors after all but 10 pages were completed, hired Oscar Winner Ron Howard, recast a few roles, added a few scenes and did a Page One Re-Shoot?

Did Empire do as well as Star Wars? I guess it sucked and killed the franchise.
You're a buttfucking moron and apparently, that includes every subject, not just your nonsense in the DC (and your various mults, which have been confirmed to me by the Mods).
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 PM 01-04-2018
Or, the word of mouth for Episode VIII is so bad that people have stayed away and have refused to see it more than once.
You HATE it.

And you saw it TWICE. :-)
[Reply]
Page 210 of 268
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260 > Last »
Up