ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 379
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:16 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We have the best screen game in the league. Andy Reid always has guys ready for aggressive pass rushes.

Bosa is the one to look out for. Shut him down and they are dead. Mitchell Schwartz is a big key to this game and I think he will perform.

Bosa is a rookie and Schwartz is a master technician. Bosa won’t be able to make his bones off of pure talent anymore.
This may sound goofy but I think it benefits us that Mitch and Fish have been playing against Joey for the past few years. Nick Bosa is basically a clone of Joey from what I can tell (except he might be just a smidge better). I feel like their styles are similar.

We normally manage Joey to some extent, so hopefully that happens here too. I’m sure he will make some plays, just hopefully no turnovers.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:22 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This is what Brett Veach said. I can actually see us extending Watkins tbh

They’ll need him to do a pay cut. Not sure he is willing to do that. He did say one of his best decisions in life was going to KC. Maybe he wants to stay.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:35 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They’ll need him to do a pay cut. Not sure he is willing to do that. He did say one of his best decisions in life was going to KC. Maybe he wants to stay.

I could see something where he gets a 2-3 year extension, with 2/3 of his base salary for 2020 converted to a signing bonus, and him getting a base salary of 10 million or so.

It would save them $5-6 million against the cap next year (and also avoid $7 million of dead money) while also guaranteeing him more.

No idea what Watkins would get on the open market, though. Might not be a good financial situation for him.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:37 AM 01-20-2020
LETS KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THE 49ERS

BECOME WORLD CHAMPIONS
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:38 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This is what Brett Veach said. I can actually see us extending Watkins tbh

I get it. His quote though in no way explains Watkins' up and down performance. I don't know if it's a health issue or an effort issue, it's hard to understand why he's not more consistently a factor in the passing game. With all the doubles Hill and Kelce get....
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I could see something where he gets a 2-3 year extension, with 2/3 of his base salary for 2020 converted to a signing bonus, and him getting a base salary of 10 million or so.

It would save them $5-6 million against the cap next year (and also avoid $7 million of dead money) while also guaranteeing him more.

No idea what Watkins would get on the open market, though. Might not be a good financial situation for him.
I think it makes sense for him to stay though when you factor in this years draft class at WR coming in and some other FA's hitting. He's made a shitload, he could still make really good money, stay here and win.

Seems it would benefit everyone.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:43 AM 01-20-2020
WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU - YOU - YOU - YOU,YOU,YOU!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:45 AM 01-20-2020
I’d love to keep Sammy but if it means losing Jones, I wouldn’t keep him obviously
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:48 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d love to keep Sammy but if it means losing Jones, I wouldn’t keep him obviously
I would love to keep Jones...but if he has a big time performance in a Super Bowl, his stock will never be higher. You could really rip off a bad team on a tag and trade.

If you land Mack-type compensation, you could really set the roster up for the next decade.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:49 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
LETS KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THE 49ERS

BECOME WORLD CHAMPIONS
YES
[Reply]
MOARGore 09:50 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
aw kid.

Naw.

Hell naw.

The Niners are a good, solid football team. They run the ball well, they play good, solid defense.

Kittle is great and Kelce's only true peer, in my opinion, at this point in time.

Jimmy G? He ain't Elway. Not even old, almost about done Elway.

Naw.

Don't give me stats, because the genius of Elway was never statistically evident anyway.

It was in his ability to pick his team up and carry them kicking and screaming to victory and rip the heart out of the opposing team and their fanbase. And he did it consistently.

so no, Jimmy G does is not in any way, shape, or form John Elway.

And you've got no Terrell Davis.

Jimmy G is a less careful with the ball Alex Smith.

That's cool. That can even be pretty good. It can even win a Superbowl IF everything goes just right.

You're about to run into Patrick Mahomes. Everything ain't going to go just right.

And Derrick Henry could only run for 69 yards against this defense. Throw the season stats out; they've been a totally different squad the second half of the year. New defense, you know. Took a little while to gel. And a lot of injuries to fight through. They're relatively healthy now.

Naw, kid. You're not going to win this one.

If I had to bet money, I’d pick the Chiefs because Mahomes is just ridiculous.

But Jimmy G is no Alex Smith.

As someone who suffered for almost a decade under Smith’s reign of terror, it’s not even close.

The team was garbage when we traded for Jimmy. We were 1-10 with a bad offense that couldn’t put up points. He comes in without even knowing the playbook and has our offense humming like stop 5 unit to close out the season.

We goes down in 2018, then we suck again.

He comes back and now we’re in the Super Bowl.

He’s a winner, and he plays clutch on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter, two things Smith always sucked at.

I think the Chiefs’ speed is probably too much to handle, but don’t expect some deer-in-headlights Alex Smith who’s throwing the ball in the dirt on 3rd down or overthrowing guys by 5 yards when they’re wide-ass open.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:51 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I would love to keep Jones...but if he has a big time performance in a Super Bowl, his stock will never be higher. You could really rip off a bad team on a tag and trade.

If you land Mack-type compensation, you could really set the roster up for the next decade.
If Watkins produces, we may be able to get something good for him too :-)

Veach and Reid have earned my trust. They’ll have a plan, probably already have one.

I mentioned it in another thread the other day, the Chiefs can’t totally win or lose in the Jones situation. You’re either keeping an elite player or you’re gaining great draft capital and cap space, while also losing something too (Jones or space).
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:52 AM 01-20-2020
Can’t be spotting them 10-20 points like the last two weeks.

They are better than the Texans and Titans.

And no more special teams blunders. How did the Chiefs fall for that fake punt yesterday when everyone knew it was coming????
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:52 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by MOARGore:
If I had to bet money, I’d pick the Chiefs because Mahomes is just ridiculous.

But Jimmy G is no Alex Smith.

As someone who suffered for almost a decade under Smith’s reign of terror, it’s not even close.

The team was garbage when we traded for Jimmy. We were 1-10 with a bad offense that couldn’t put up points. He comes in without even knowing the playbook and has our offense humming like stop 5 unit to close out the season.

We goes down in 2018, then we suck again.

He comes back and now we’re in the Super Bowl.

He’s a winner, and he plays clutch on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter, two things Smith always sucked at.

I think the Chiefs’ speed is probably too much to handle, but don’t expect some deer-in-headlights Alex Smith who’s throwing the ball in the dirt on 3rd down or overthrowing guys by 5 yards when they’re wide-ass open.
Not to defend Alex Smith too much, but didn’t he have like 5 different OCs his first 5 seasons? I would also argue that Jimmy G has a much better supporting cast in SF than Alex ever had.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:53 AM 01-20-2020
Jimmy Garoppolo is a dead man walking...

[Reply]
Page 21 of 379
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up