ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 94
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:33 PM 03-12-2019
Greatest FA period of the Reid era ever. All the right hands are wringing, all the right butts are hurting.

"Oh no! We lost our "best" players in this shitty, fuck-faced defense that Peeholi and Dorsey made"!

"Oh no! I'm going to cry because we didn't do this last year because I KNEW Mahomes was going to take us to a Super Bowl in 2018 because I'm the smartest motherfucker in the room"!

"Oh no! We're not getting value that I deem appropriate for our shitty, bag o' fuck defenders that couldn't lead a grade school class to a restroom"!

"Oh no! What are we going to do without the league's "best" pass rush that couldn't lay a fucking pinky on an aged Tom Brady in the playoffs"?!?!?

Oh my GOD eat shit and die.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 07:34 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Such anger for getting 3rd round value instead of 2nd round value. Like, is it really worth getting that worked up over.
ITS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SUPER BOWL AND NOW THIS OFFSEASON IS A DISASTER
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:34 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Look at this thread. Most of you all are in unison while claiming that everyone is mad.

There's like 3 people in this entire thread that have a dissenting voice.
I didn't like the idea of getting rid of Ford and Houston this offseason. But Houston wouldn't restructure. And then Ford doesn't fit the scheme they're trying to run.

After watching Houston walk and receiving absolutely nothing, this at least gets us some return on a player that wasn't going to fit. That's why I'm relatively pleased with this outcome.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:34 PM 03-12-2019
Better to trade him now for a pick next year (which could still be packaged this year), than risk another injury and no return next year. Veach isn’t done yet.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:35 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Bell
Id hope Clark would clean house if that happened, but there is no chance they want anything to do with Bell.
[Reply]
O.city 07:35 PM 03-12-2019
I’d say if that’s what they got that’s the beat offer out there
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:35 PM 03-12-2019
I kinda wish Ford would have played for the Chiefs this year but when you think of it, this move allows Veach to sign other players to compensate for the loss of Ford now plus flexibility for the draft and we know Veach loves to be aggressive when drafting. It looks as much to be a move for now and the future.

But I'll miss Ford.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 07:35 PM 03-12-2019
I'm looking forward to seeing what we do with that cap space now. Id like a corner and maybe a replacement pass rusher.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:35 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I sure hope they have a plan
We have Mahomes man. There was not one single game we were out of last season. Not one! Did we win them all? No. But we had a chance in every damn one of them. That has not happened if forever around here! Hell, even in the AFCCG Mahomes had a shot to the end zone to win the game after the defense gave up the lead with 30 seconds to go. Two or three games we were down double digits in the 4th... and took the lead. We have Mahomes. Relax people. Times are different than all the other QB's in the history of the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:35 PM 03-12-2019
We just paid an undersize SAFETY, who has only played 2 full seasons in his 6 year career, $14MM PER YEAR.

Last year we paid a WIDE RECEIVER, who (at that point) had only played 1 full season in his 4 year career, $16MM PER YEAR.

But we aren't going to pay an elite pass rusher?

EDGE>>>>WR>>SS
[Reply]
-King- 07:36 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wow stunned people are mad about this...Dee Ford is a one trick pony with 1 good season.

You don't build around guys like that. Time for Berry to go too, it's a new era.
That one trick is extremely valuable don't you think?

And he wasn't as bad against the run as people are trying to make it seem. Most of our problems against the run came from the middle of our defense.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:36 PM 03-12-2019
This D coaching staff is as good as it gets....if they don't value the players of the past, is that surprising?
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:36 PM 03-12-2019
Stop looking at this like a 2nd vs. 3rd rounder from the same team in 2 different years. Comp picks come at the end of the 3rd round. We got a likely high 2nd rounder instead. This year that would be a difference of #36 overall vs. #98 or something. 60+ spots.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
That one trick is extremely valuable don't you think?

And he wasn't as bad against the run as people are trying to make it seem. Most of our problems against the run came from the middle of our defense.
If he had been productive all the time sure, but he literally has 1 good year out of 5...and has a back surgery..that's a scary proposition.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
We just paid an undersize SAFETY, who has only played 2 full seasons in his 6 year career, $14MM PER YEAR.

Last year we paid a WIDE RECEIVER, who (at that point) had only played 1 full season in his 4 year career, $16MM PER YEAR.

But we aren't going to pay an elite pass rusher?

EDGE>>>>WR>>SS
They know Ford sucks against the run. They know him.

They know he will let off the gas now that he's paid. They know him.

They know he won't play through injury. They know him.

They know he's not worth 88 Million. They know him.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 94
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up