ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets trade up to #3
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:52 AM 03-17-2018

Huge trade: Jets acquired No. 3 overall pick from Colts for No. 6 overall pick, 37th overall pick, 49th overall pick and our 2019 2nd round pick.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 17, 2018

[Reply]
Shields68 03:35 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Dorsey moving from 1 would be a mistake. They will win enough not have 1 next year and probably have to trade up to get a QB. He better stay at 1 and take Darnold. He won't get this chance next year.I
Dorsey seemed to be pretty good at predicting how the draft would go. It all depends on who he actually likes. My guess at this point is if he likes Darnold/Rosen he keeps the pick. If he likes Mayfield/ Allen he moves down to 3. If he does not like any of them he moves way down.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:36 PM 03-19-2018
1. Darnold
2. Rosen
3. Mayfield
4. Barkley
5. Allen
6. Chubb
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:37 PM 03-19-2018
Sorry guys... wasn't suggesting that's ALL they should get. Obviously, it would be more than the 2 picks....
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:50 PM 03-19-2018
I'm starting to wonder if the Jets GM accidentally watched the Kevin Costner-browns movie while he was sleeping and got some unrealistic subliminal messages imprinted into his DNA....
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:23 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Agree. Barkley isn't a product of hype. Did you not watch the dude play?

The fact is you can find a great RB elsewhere in the draft, especially throughout the first three rounds. Barkley is special. If I had two early first rounders, I'd take him and a QB and not blink for a second.
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
The Chiefs have had pretty good luck picking up RB's in the mid rounds. If you do enough research and vetting, there should be no reason to spend a first on a dedicated RB.

An exceptional, once in a lifetime talent with elite RB skills, hands of glue, and the ability to perform outside of traditional RB paradigms would be worthy of at least considering a first round pick though.
But that doesn't come around too often.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You might want to Google Saquan Barkley film and his ridiculous Combine numbers

On Thursday, Barkley bench-pressed 225 pounds 29 times, tied for the most by any running back here. Browns tackle Joe Thomas, a 10-time Pro Bowler, only benched it 28 times at the 2007 combine.

Then on Friday, Barkley’s 10-yard split was a blazing 1.54 seconds. That was one hundredth of a second better than Buccaneers wide receiver DeSean Jackson’s 1.55 in 2008.

In the 40-yard dash, Barkley recorded a time of 4.40 seconds, the second-best time among the running backs. Devin Hester, known as one of the fastest kick returners in NFL history, had a time of 4.43 in 2006.

Finally, Barkley’s vertical jump came in at 41 inches, the best at the combine so far. Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones had a vertical of 38 ½ inches in 2011.
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
He could be absolutely amazing, especially with the current NFL rules
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Look, I love me some Kareem Hunt, but trying to make the argument he’s as good and as talented as Barkley? I just don’t see it. If you offered me either one right now, same contracts, same theoretical situation, I’m taking Barkley every day and twice on Sunday. No, there’s no guarantees and he could sustain a serious injury or something, but he’s as close to a sure thing since Bo Jackson at RB. He’s that good.

We’ll see, I guess . . . .

And FTR, Hunt has a a LOT to work on with his blocking. His pass protection ‘skills’ got exposed several times last year and put the Chiefs in a hole. Luckily, that’s something he can work on and be taught.
Exactly !!!! :-):-):-):-)
Thank you !!!

I have been pounding the table that SB is head and shoulders above a very already deep RB class(which already say's a ton i.e. to SB's talent) this year if not most or all NFL RBs right now. He is that special and is the extreme exception to the rule which that rule is now changing because the RB is far more involved in the NFL passing game. And with an elite talent like Barkley you just don't flippantly dismiss this rare talent that can do so many dynamic things in your offense RIGHT NOW !! And you are correct he is the closest thing since the likes of Bo Jackson.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:25 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'm starting to wonder if the Jets GM accidentally watched the Kevin Costner-browns movie while he was sleeping and got some unrealistic subliminal messages imprinted into his DNA....
If Inception were possible, you'd think the best teams would hire out Cobb to plant some terrible ideas in competing GM's heads.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:30 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I have a hard time seeing Dorsey move off having the pick of QB's at 1.
To your point about getting a big haul to move off of one, I clearly can see Dorsey moving off 1 IF he is not sold on any of these QBs and gets the haul of picks he wants IMHO.:-) But the Jets will be the Jets and they are doing all this now because the haul of picks will be even more expensive the closer the draft gets.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 08:59 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
If you aren’t drafting a QB in the first 5 picks this year then you trade down to get the best value. If the Giants aren’t going to draft a QB then they should trade down.

The Jets overpaid to move up & the Bills will too.

No such thing as over paying if you think you're getting a franchise qb
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:03 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Exactly !!!! :-):-):-):-)
Thank you !!!

I have been pounding the table that SB is head and shoulders above a very already deep RB class(which already say's a ton i.e. to SB's talent) this year if not most or all NFL RBs right now. He is that special and is the extreme exception to the rule which that rule is now changing because the RB is far more involved in the NFL passing game. And with an elite talent like Barkley you just don't flippantly dismiss this rare talent that can do so many dynamic things in your offense RIGHT NOW !! And you are correct he is the closest thing since the likes of Bo Jackson.
Bo Jackson my ass. He isn't even AP.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:07 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Jennifer Garner does it to me every time...

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:13 PM 03-19-2018
He could be AD or Rickey Williams, but he isn't a freak athlete like Bo, Herschel Walker, or Earl Campbell.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:10 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He could be AD or Rickey Williams, but he isn't a freak athlete like Bo, Herschel Walker, or Earl Campbell.
Obviously you have not seen enough of his play. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:15 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Buffalo is probably in panic mode at this point. Traded up to 12 in anticipation of going even further for a QB.

I’d say they leap to 2. They have to. They’ve done too much work to make this happen.

Found this:

The draft capital we'll give up is house money, even if it's all the way up to the Giants' #2 pick.

(Obviously all of this is merely opinion :flirt: ... I apologize for adding one more thread to a seemingly inundated and frustrated board)

Our #12 pick was the result of swapping 1sts and trading away a player who may have played well for this team in years past but almost never saw the field (did he ever?) in 2017, our first playoff year in 17 years as a rookie filled in capably for the year and will only get better.

Our #22 pick was from KC last year in our trade down in the 1st where we acquired a guy in Tre White who probably should have been in the pro bowl conversation if not the pro bowl itself.

One of our 2nd rounders was acquired trading away a talented but oft-injured WR who then wasn't even resigned by the same team who traded for him. And based on Sammy's new salary with KC, he wouldn't be with the Bills even if McDermott exercised his 5th year rookie option.

One of our 3rd rounders... the 1st one in the 3rd round, was acquired by trading away a QB that there was absolutely no long term plan on and filled in his slot with a QB who is at least capable of competing for the starting QB job at less than 1/3rd the cost of the guy we just traded away.

We take those 4 picks, all "house money," and trade them all to the Giants for the #2 pick to grab Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield (please GOD not Allen!!!) and Beane still has all of Buffalo's original picks with a pick in all the remaining rounds other than the 7th.

And before you say that cost isn't realistic, if you take a look at the Jimmy Johnson draft chart, I think you'll find different:

#12 = 1200 points
#22 = 780 points
#53 = 370 points
#65 = 265 points

Grand total = 2615 points

#2 pick = 2600 points

So we're giving away picks Beane has been shrewdly acquiring, not picks we were already going to naturally possess. Now, perhaps it's going to take one more pick like a 2nd rounders next year to sweeten the pot a little, but maybe not.

And that's in trading up to #2, which I believe is the highest we're going. Imagine if we wait until draft day and see a guy we want fall to #4 with the Browns or #6 with the Colts... it'll cost less and we'll still get our QB.

I'm a little baffled that some are complaining about the idea of giving up draft picks, even if it ensures McBeane can get "their guy."

I view this as the most important draft we've seen since maybe 1983 because we know with almost 100% certainty that the intent is to draft the guy who's going to be our QB for the next 10-15+ years.

We can do that in a very strong QB draft class... and we can do it with house money.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:15 PM 03-19-2018
If Barkley goes to a team with weapons and a line, he might put up some really amazing numbers in his career.

Or he could go out like KiJana Carter...penn state.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:29 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Obviously you have not seen enough of his play. :-)
I have, and the point still stands. Bo and Herschel were Olympic caliber athletes, and Earl Campbell was a monster in his own right.

The kid could be good, but he isn't a franchise changer.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Up