ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 59
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:07 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Thanks! I just looked up Darth Bane and it looks like a mess. I'd be shocked if they go down that road.

But the costume design of Kylo Ren and Revan are nearly identical and I'd be surprised if that was a coincidence.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Bane
More than likely, it's an homage. The character of Revan is WILDLY popular among SW fans. So much to the point, that people can dress in that costume and have as much fan recognition as Vader, Greedo, or whomever.

Bane is just something else entirely. His three series novels by Drew Karpyshin are just flat-out fucking amazing. A lot of people cite Zahn or Matthew Stover as the "it" guys in that realm, but Drew just eats their fucking lunch with his Darth Bane.

If you're on a long trip, I highly recommend.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:26 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
More than likely, it's an homage. The character of Revan is WILDLY popular among SW fans. So much to the point, that people can dress in that costume and have as much fan recognition as Vader, Greedo, or whomever.

Bane is just something else entirely. His three series novels by Drew Karpyshin are just flat-out fucking amazing. A lot of people cite Zahn or Matthew Stover as the "it" guys in that realm, but Drew just eats their fucking lunch with his Darth Bane.

If you're on a long trip, I highly recommend.
Thank you!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:57 PM 04-19-2015
Rebels:

This is a great series. Really hitting all the notes. Just about through with season 1.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:23 PM 04-19-2015
Chips removed. Order 66 nullified.

[Reply]
007 03:26 PM 04-19-2015
well this thread just got a pick me up.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:43 PM 04-19-2015
Just finished season 1. The last scenes with Tano and Vader.....

Oh shit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:47 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Just finished season 1. The last scenes with Tano and Vader.....

Oh shit.
Di$ney
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:48 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
Di$ney

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:53 PM 04-19-2015
I can see why SW fans with kids love this. It's got enough edge to keep an adult entertained, and it's got the classic SW mythology and personal character-themes that kids should be learning.

Cash money, Sir Mouse.
[Reply]
Silock 05:46 PM 04-19-2015
So you're asking to keep Episode VII spoilers out of the Rebel discussion or vice versa? I don't want to spoil anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled.
Either way lol

It's getting hard for me to tell!
[Reply]
007 06:09 PM 04-19-2015
Please tell me there aren't going to be ep 7 spoilers in here Dane. If I am going to start watching this I don't want thing ruined for me.
[Reply]
Silock 10:25 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by Guru:
Please tell me there aren't going to be ep 7 spoilers in here Dane. If I am going to start watching this I don't want thing ruined for me.
There definitely aren't in Season 1. I doubt there will be in Season 2, either.

I would imagine it would be like the integration of Agents of Shield with Captain America 2. They ran side by side, integrated perfectly. Agents of Shield led RIGHT UP to the movie, so if you saw it opening week, nothing was spoiled, and it picked up right where Cap 2 left off. It was AMAZING.

So, I hope it's like that, except this doesn't run concurrent to ep 7.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:28 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by Guru:
Well, I can't promise anything because Rebels Season 2 hasn't been aired yet, nor has Episode VII.

I won't personally spoil anything but that doesn't mean that Rebels won't.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:30 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
There definitely aren't in Season 1. I doubt there will be in Season 2, either.
Oh, I have a feeling there will be things that tie until to Episode VII that won't be revealed until viewing it in the theaters. I'm of the belief that after it's released, the spoiler tag will be necessary for those that haven't seen it.

Although I plan to go to the midnight showing, a late afternoon show and probably a Saturday or Sunday showing as well the opening weekend.

:-)
[Reply]
007 08:24 AM 04-20-2015
Oh, I have a feeling there will be things that tie until to Episode VII that won't be revealed until viewing it in the theaters. I'm of the belief that after it's released, the spoiler tag will be necessary for those that haven't seen it.

Although I plan to go to the midnight showing, a late afternoon show and probably a Saturday or Sunday showing as well the opening weekend.

:-)
Damn, 3 times in opening weekend?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 59
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up