ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 53
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
-King- 08:20 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So play that out.

Of the 40 throws we make per game, he should get 25% of them?
Take half of Robinson's targets and give it to him and there you go. I'm sure no one would have wanted or expected before the season. But then again, maybe I'm the only one who thought he'd step into a more prominent role in the offense.
that robinson would have more snaps and more targets per game than him.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:27 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Take half of Robinson's targets and give it to him and there you go. I'm sure no one would have wanted or expected before the season. But then again, maybe I'm the only one who thought he'd step into a more prominent role in the offense.
How is that Hardman’s fault though dumbass?

The only way that could be Hardman’s fault is if he wouldn’t be productive/efficient with those kind of targets. He has every time he’s been given those opportunities though, so we know for a fact that’s not the case.

That’s on Reid. And if you want to go vintage and bitch about Reid all week, then by all means go right ahead.
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 PM 12-01-2020
Robinson gets what, 3 per game?

Robinson has been in the system longer and has played wr longer, was asked to replace Watkins when he went down.

I’d be fine with it though, I don’t care for Robinson
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 PM 12-01-2020
I don’t have a problem with giving Andy the benefit of the doubt on this tho
[Reply]
staylor26 08:30 PM 12-01-2020
I don’t have a problem with giving Andy the benefit of the doubt on this tho
Neither do I, but if you’re going to be upset with somebody about Hardman, that’s where your attention should be. Not on Hardman, who has been productive and efficient with his opportunities and continues to develop.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 PM 12-01-2020
2nd year in the NFL and he will probably end up with 50/700/5

no issues with this dude
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Neither do I, but if you’re going to be upset with somebody about Hardman, that’s where your attention should be. Not on Hardman, who has been productive and efficient with his opportunities and continues to develop.
Yeah but if he’s been productive and isn’t getting more opps I’d put that on him
[Reply]
JakeF 08:33 PM 12-01-2020
More athlete than receiver.

Be smart enough to read the defense like every offense requires and then be able to catch a very friendly pass from the best QB in the NFL. Is there an offense that is more receiver friendly than ours?
[Reply]
-King- 08:34 PM 12-01-2020
Robinson gets what, 3 per game?

Robinson has been in the system longer and has played wr longer, was asked to replace Watkins when he went down.

I’d be fine with it though, I don’t care for Robinson
Yeah Robinson gets 4-5 per game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:40 PM 12-01-2020
Hardman gets between 4-5 tgts/gm on average.

DRob gets a couple more than that.

Watkins gets a couple more than that, unless they double Hill/Kelce at the same time, then it's usually man underneath, and the best man/press beater we have is Watkins, so he gets more tgts.

Hardman is in just his second year in the NFL, has just 3.5 seasons total as a receiver at any level, and didn't have the benefit of a real offseason to work on his craft, but he made a real effort and his route-running has improved.

But the bottom line is fairly simple: he has almost no experience run-blocking, and he is the least experienced man beater WR on the roster. So he gets fewer snaps.

Not sure why this is still a question.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:57 PM 12-01-2020
Hardman is going to make good money in the nfl. I dont think it will be with the chiefs though. He will play out his 4 years here (and continue to be productive and improve) and then some team is going to pay him to try to be their version of tyreek lite.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:12 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Hardman is going to make good money in the nfl. I dont think it will be with the chiefs though. He will play out his 4 years here (and continue to be productive and improve) and then some team is going to pay him to try to be their version of tyreek lite.
This is kind of how I see it. Veach originally took him because no one was sure what was going to happen with Reek. But now Hill is good, and probably will be a Chief for at least the next 6 years+.

Which leaves Hardman kind of on a limb, because for all intents and purposes he's a very similar kind of WR, in terms of his speed and stature. We need a replacement for Watkins far more than a replacement for Hill/his skillset going forward.

So the pot odds are that Hardman learns everything he can as a Chief and then finds a big payday somewhere else in four years or whatever. By then he might be a Desean Jackson type of player. Not quite as polished of course, but in that same style. Should garner a lot of interest around the league.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 PM 12-01-2020
No he should get open more so that Andy rewards him by putting him in the offense more.
I wasn't going to reply to this back and forth but this is just so way off base it's not even funny.

Andy uses personnel packages. It has nothing to do with Hardman getting open, it has to do with what route packages Andy wants to run.

Hardman is open all the fucking time. The All 22 shows it and it isn't just Hardman. The scheme gets EVERYBODY open. Patrick Mahomes controls who gets targeted, not Hardman.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Sammy or Robinson have PMIIs confidence more than Hardman at this point. Hardman dropped a 90 yard TD on Sunday. Wide the fuck open.
That's funny.

Patrick Mahomes himself said he made a bad throw.

I'm guessing he knows more about his own "confidence" than you do.
[Reply]
flinchfree 11:26 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
........... We need a replacement for Watkins far more than a replacement for Hill/his skillset going forward.
That's what I see too.
A player I think could fill the role really nicely would be Anthony Miller from the Bears. Quick, gets good separation, plays tall, good hands.
Hasn't really broken out with Chicago and next year will be his last on contract.
Throw the Bears a 5th rounder in the next draft (they'll be looking to re-tool hard the next year or two) and bring in an already physically developed receiver who would probably take 3 years/20 mil for a chance to get the proper stage for his talent catching leather from PM2.

That way we can spend all possible higher draft capital on the 2 lines and d in general.

Oh, and I reckon Mecole is doing just fine.
The idea that when Hill/Kelce are covered Hardman should be more open and available so Mahomes can go 23/25 passes and throw 300 yards a half is ill considered.
If Hill and Kelce are primary and running the deeper routes they normally run, that takes time that Mahomes buys by shuffling around and out of the pocket. He's not giving up on those two getting open because they are such talented route runners until the very last. By that time, Hardman may not even be able to be in Pat's vision because of his original route requirement or because of where Pat has freelanced his throwing position to.
Every now and then, sure, Mecole might make better choices to be available for the broken play, but there's a reason Reid loves DRob. It's not because of what he does after the catch, it's because he's pretty elite and hard nosed in never giving up on giving Mahomes that last second out, even if he has to do it 20 times one after the other with zero targets.
Not many NFL receivers will work that hard or selflessly.

I like the composition of our receivers an awful lot when all are healthy and available.
Unfortunately Sammy often isn't, and a more consistent (and cheaper) replacement next season would make a lot of sense.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 53
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up