ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 47
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
staylor26 10:21 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ok, let’s pretend that is 3 of their front 4, including Judon too.

Then we’ll just pass the damn ball since that group leaves a bit to be desired there, and hopefully execute the simple plays early in doing so.
His point is pretty much baseless anyways. The Browns ran the football very well week 1, and that’s without the real threat of a passing game.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:52 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
His point is pretty much baseless anyways. The Browns ran the football very well week 1, and that’s without the real threat of a passing game.
It was 24-6 in the 2nd quarter and Baker was a disaster. I don’t think the Ravens really cared that they ran the ball to eat time.

Chubb and Kareem had some good runs though. Then again that’s the best RB duo in the league IMO
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It was 24-6 in the 2nd quarter and Baker was a disaster. I don’t think the Ravens really cared that they ran the ball to eat time.

Chubb and Kareem had some good runs though. Then again that’s the best RB duo in the league IMO
They ran the ball well early too...

With no threat of a passing game...
[Reply]
RunKC 10:55 AM 09-22-2020
Ok, let’s pretend that is 3 of their front 4, including Judon too.

Then we’ll just pass the damn ball since that group leaves a bit to be desired there, and hopefully execute the simple plays early in doing so.
I’d like to see us come out in 11 personnel early and force the issue to set up passes early. It just depends on what Martindale has up his sleeve.

When the time comes for us and we struggle, be it against the Chargers, Patriots or whatever defense gives us some issues, I would love to see 21 personnel. Get Tyreek in the back field with Clyde and set up some screens, passes to the flat or even misdirection.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:06 AM 09-22-2020
I'm hoping the return of Mike Pennel is our savior on run defense, otherwise this is going to be a looooooong night...

....until Mahomes comes back and wins it after trailing by 21 points with :48 left in regulation.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:27 AM 09-22-2020
Damn I’m ready for Monday night. Our offense is gonna have that defense wore out. Only pumped in crowd noise, no fans. The only thing we have going against us is we got a little beat up against LA, and we gotta go across the country between games. Aside from that I don’t think there’s much of an advantage for Baltimore. If Sammy can play it might get ugly. Gonna see Andy go full ham with playcalling. Our defense is gonna get some pressure on that banged up line, and Jones, Clark, Taco, and Nnadi are gonna have Lamar spooked. Chiefs got punched in the mouth last week and responded by punching back. I think they’re gonna be focused and loose. Just another game to KC, they’ve got nothing to prove. Baltimore has some pressure coming in, haven’t beaten Mahomes yet, and have had this game circled. Start to fall behind again, and those old feelings are gonna start creeping in, and you’ll see Lamar sitting on the bench looking like Keenan Allen was at the end of the game last week.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:04 AM 09-22-2020
For anyone interested, the gif wars on Reddit Chiefs and Ravens pages are top notch.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:10 AM 09-22-2020
For anyone interested, the gif wars on Reddit Chiefs and Ravens pages are top notch.
[Reply]
TEX 11:21 AM 09-22-2020
FWIW, The Ravens leaped over Chiefs in the week 3 NFL Power Rankings to take over the top spot.
[Reply]
burt 11:29 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
FWIW, The Ravens leaped over Chiefs in the week 3 NFL Power Rankings to take over the top spot.
I can't wait for this game! Bet we don't come out flat....and Pennel.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:11 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not on the ranking i saw.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:13 PM 09-22-2020
Don’t you have to try that Chargers/49ers style of approach though if you’re Martindale?

They’ve tried the blitz heavy stuff the last two years and it hasn’t worked well enough. Now they have Peters, who maybe can steal one in a deep zone with his eyes on Mahomes.

I know, they’d still give up points cause the talent isn’t on par with LAC, but it’s the only scheme that really has given Mahomes and Reid much trouble beyond a half of football.
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Not on the ranking i saw.
Well someone thinks so. Vegas seems to think Baltimore is going to win by at least three points.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 12:34 PM 09-22-2020
The Ravens really just don’t match up well with the Chiefs. Watching them and I don’t see any difference from last year on both sides of the ball. If the Chiefs don’t make stupid mistakes they’ll win. The Chargers match up better with us than the Ravens.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:24 AM 09-22-2020
The key to this game will be very simple: can the Ravens get consistent pressure with just their four down DLs, or do they have to bring a 5th player to get to Mahomes?

Whether the Ravens D is better or not is irrelevant. The Chiefs have faced and beaten the best defenses in the league in the biggest games, and the only way any team has consistently put the brakes on Mahomes is by being able to get home with just 4 DLs.

Last year BAL couldn't. Is the addition of Calais and that other guy I'm drawing a blank on right now enough? We really don't know. Their performance against the Browns bottom-feeding OL or the Texans nearly equally inept OL doesn't really tell us anything.

Maybe they are better than last year. But are they as good as that Chargers front? Or the 49ers front?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:29 AM 09-22-2020
Andy is going to open up the playbook this week.

Have we even thrown a screen to CEH yet? I don’t remember much pre-snap motion so far yet either.

Andy knows this game likely decides HFA. He’s whipping it out this week.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 47
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up