ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 95
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:43 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Kaep was under fire for poor play before he started kneeling.
Only because he was stuck with shit coaches, a completely fucked up front office and a team that was nearly devoid of talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:44 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can I still say that I don't care?

The problem with Kaepernick was always that the guy was just a shitty messenger. He was an opportunistic hypocrite who couldn't ever articulate a good response to direct disputes put towards him.

He started with the typical 'no comment' before he started wearing pig socks and pissing off Cubans (who have experienced plenty of troubles in this country in their own right). Then he started responding to the dumbest bullshit takes on Twitter or what not while ignoring legitimate and thoughtful disagreement.

Had Anquon Boldin or Malcom Jenkins been at the forefront of that charge, it would've been taken completely differently because they were thoughtful and direct advocates of their cause who would listen to disagreement and directly address it.

Kaepernick was just a hit and run douche.

For reasons I mentioned loooooong ago, I don't see a ton of merit to their position, but I respect their right to say it and REALLY respect how they went about doing it.

Your spokesman almost always determines the success of your cause and Kaepernick was just a really shitty spokesman.
This is exactly what I’ve been l saying all along. I don’t care about the kneeling, but Kaep was the worst messenger.

As a Cuban, his defense of Castro and wearing his shirt was all I needed to see/hear to know he was full of shit.

My grandfather spent his entire life fighting that evil.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:44 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
but Kaep was the WORST messenger.
So, the message was okay but the guy delivering it was a D-?

That's the issue here?

And why does NO ONE EVER comment on the fact that Chip Kelly shouldn't be coaching a fucking high school team, let alone, a storied franchise like the 49ers or a college team like UCLA?

9-31 pretty much says it all, yet that fucker is still employed.
[Reply]
FAX 01:45 PM 06-05-2020
Some people get all the excuses.

Others get all the glory.

FAX THE PHILOSOPHER
[Reply]
Mecca 01:46 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

That's the issue here?

And why does NO ONE EVER comment on the fact that Chip Kelly shouldn't be coaching a fucking high school team, let alone, a storied franchise like the 49ers or a college team like UCLA?

[Reply]
staylor26 01:46 PM 06-05-2020
So those owners and GM's care more about the fact that CK has a voice and uses it, than actually winning football games.

Let's cut the horseshit and call a spade a spade.
CK wasn’t winning anybody football games though Dane.

He couldn’t even separate himself from the very guy you mentioned (Gabbert).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:46 PM 06-05-2020
Then why are guys like Peterman, Gabbert, Cassel and others employed year after year when CK can't even get into a room with an NFL team?
Playing style.

You need a backup who can play a similar style to your starter because you built your system around a particular style of play. Kaepernick didn't play similar to many quarterbacks at the time.

Honestly I think he'd be a damn near letter perfect backup for Mahomes, but now he's just been out of the league for too long for me to care. But for the couple years he would've remained viable, he'd have been the kind of guy you'd have to upend your offense to use as a backup. Oh, and by all accounts he was unwilling to accept a backups salary for that small window of viability as well.

And finally - yes, for many teams they simply didn't want to deal with the blowback for a mere backup quarterback. You're gonna have pissed off fans. As an owner, would you rather have pissed off fans for a dude you hope never has to play or just not rock the boat. At some point, businessman gonna businessman and the juice was simply never worth the squeeze for them, even if you DID have an offense built around a mobile quarterback with a strong arm to have him play behind.

When your style knocks you out as a viable option for 75% of the teams in the league and your salary demands already took you out of consideration for many, it doesn't take too many owners saying "nah - too much headache for too little reward" to leave you without a landing spot.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:46 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think the video they made was perfect and it was clearly the video they wanted to make. The great thing is that there is nothing stopping you, or rabblerouser, or Drew Brees, or whomever for making the video you suggest. Have at it.

I’m fine with them making the video but it’s far from perfect as it doesn’t seek to unite and it certainly won’t lead to any changes. If those are their goals then it failed miserably.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:47 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Playing style.

You need a backup who can play a similar style to your starter because you built your system around a particular style of play. Kaepernick didn't play similar to many quarterbacks at the time.

Honestly I think he'd be a damn near letter perfect backup for Mahomes, but now he's just been out of the league for too long for me to care. But for the couple years he would've remained viable, he'd have been the kind of guy you'd have to upend your offense to use as a backup. Oh, and by all accounts he was unwilling to accept a backups salary for that small window of viability as well.

And finally - yes, for many teams they simply didn't want to deal with the blowback for a mere backup quarterback. You're gonna have pissed off fans. As an owner, would you rather have pissed off fans for a dude you hope never has to play or just not rock the boat. At some point, businessman gonna businessman and the juice was simply never worth the squeeze for them, even if you DID have an offense built around a mobile quarterback with a strong arm to have him play behind.

When your style knocks you out as a viable option for 75% of the teams in the league and your salary demands already took you out of consideration for many, it doesn't take too many owners saying "nah - too much headache for too little reward" to leave you without a landing spot.
So he'd be a great backup for Lamar Jackson is what you're saying..
[Reply]
staylor26 01:47 PM 06-05-2020

That's the issue here?

9-31 pretty much says it all, yet that fucker is still employed.
The issue is that he was full of shit.

You can’t say you’re against oppression, wear a Castro shirt in Miami of all places, then defend Castro when you get called out for it.

You might not care because you’re not Cuban, but my grandfather dedicated his entire life to fighting that evil.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:48 PM 06-05-2020
CK wasn’t winning anybody football games though Dane.

He couldn’t even separate himself from the very guy you mentioned (Gabbert).
:-)

Because Chip Kelly said so? 9-31 Chip Kelly?

The same Chip Kelly that inherited a 5-11 team from Jim Tomsula and prompltly turned them into a 2-14 team?

That guy? That's the guy in which you're hinging CK's career?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:48 PM 06-05-2020
Winston's contract with NO has a base salary of $1.1M. The career starter and 1st round pick flamed out in Tampa as he did not develop into a reliable starter. Kneeling had nothing to do with his reduced market value.

The same can be said for Kaep. The difference is that Winston was willing to take personal responsiblity, accept that he needed to work on his game and accept a smaller paycheck with hopes to reinvent himself and push for a starting gig in the coming seasons.

Kaep did the opposite. No personal responsibility for his diminished play and instead of looking at why he wasn't getting starter money, he blamed the NFL for racism and collusion.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 06-05-2020
:-)

Because Chip Kelly said so? 9-31 Chip Kelly?

The same Chip Kelly that inherited a 5-11 team from Jim Tomsula and prompltly turned them into a 2-14 team?

That guy? That's the guy in which you're hinging CK's career?
I’m basing it off their play that year. He was better, but it wasn’t by much.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:49 PM 06-05-2020
Only because he was stuck with shit coaches, a completely fucked up front office and a team that was nearly devoid of talent.
That very well may have been. But that's the same story for a lot of NFL players. So they take less, go somewhere else and increase their value if they're successful. Kaep didn't want to do that.
[Reply]
Hawker007 01:50 PM 06-05-2020
This is exactly what I’ve been l saying all along. I don’t care about the kneeling, but Kaep was the worst messenger.

As a Cuban, his defense of Castro and wearing his shirt was all I needed to see/hear to know he was full of shit.

My grandfather spent his entire life fighting that evil.
I have a theory that Kaepernick is just a moron and forgot to stand during the national anthem the first time. The media called him out, and he was like, oh shit, ummm ya...that was me protesting...ya...that's why I did that!
[Reply]
Page 21 of 95
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up