ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 107
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:14 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
yeah that was it for me as well. I really wanted to go today because of the great weather but had something I couldn't get out of. My step daughter went and she is safe but said tons of drunk rude people and she won't do that again. Glad I didn't go.
It's like going to Arrowhead amplified by a million.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:15 PM 02-14-2024
Man...awful occurrence prayer for everybody. I am just finding out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:15 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We stopped going to the 4th of July celebration at Liberty Memorial for that very reason.

It's just a bad scene, IMO. Too much chaos.

And by the way - this is also why a downtown stadium just isn't a great idea. It sounds wonderful in theory, but the reality is you're going to have elements like this around that stadium every single night. And if the Royals ever get good again and you have 40K people streaming in and out, you're going to have problems like this pretty much every evening.

Busch Stadium in downtown STL is a ****ing cesspool after games. If you're lucky you can get out before the press really starts (and maybe get on the metro and the hell out of town before there are 10,000 people there waiting for a tram). If you don't, it's a warzone.

Not my circus, not my monkeys - I'll never move back to KC. Don't miss it even a little. But if I were a resident, especially downtown or downtown adjacent, I'd have zero interest in the idea.
Another reason I fucking hate the plan
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:15 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by TheGreatCassholio:

Assuming this is the location of the incident there isn’t really much else going on besides some cops on the walkway and that other one being chased. The people near aren’t even really concerned, Seems like this might be a dispute amongst a small group.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:15 PM 02-14-2024
Was down there at the rally. Thankfully the wife and kids went back to the hotel after the parade. Heard the shots. Hit the deck with some people and then thought I was being dramatic and it was probably fireworks. Walked over to the First Things First set which had been my plan. It was normal for about 5 minutes and then security got Nick and Co off the stage. That’s when I knew shit was real. Then I saw people running from the east side of the lawn. So I ran up to the lawn in front of the Memorial so I could get a good view. At that time it seemed things calmed a bit and I felt safe enough to walk back to my hotel. Think next year I’ll watch on TV
[Reply]
DaFace 03:16 PM 02-14-2024

An all clear has been issued at the Westin

— Bob Fescoe (@bobfescoe) February 14, 2024

[Reply]
Otter 03:16 PM 02-14-2024
Just now a surge of police toward Westin hotel pic.twitter.com/w6IwJQxPfG
— Vahe Gregorian (@vgregorian) February 14, 2024

That kind of response at this point would leave me to believe they don't have all or any of the shooters in custody at this point.

Nothing but conjecture on my part.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:17 PM 02-14-2024
Yeah, it's security on the roof. Confirmed.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:17 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Was down there at the rally. Thankfully the wife and kids went back to the hotel after the parade. Heard the shots. Hit the deck with some people and then thought I was being dramatic and it was probably fireworks. Walked over to the First Things First set which had been my plan. It was normal for about 5 minutes and then security got Nick and Co off the stage. That’s when I knew shit was real. Then I saw people running from the east side of the lawn. So I ran up to the lawn in front of the Memorial so I could get a good view. At that time it seemed things calmed a bit and I felt safe enough to walk back to my hotel. Think next year I’ll watch on TV
How many shots did it sound like?
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 03:18 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Glad you are OK
[Reply]
BWillie 03:18 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
God damn it I was hoping they would arrest Bob Fescoe. There is still time
[Reply]
DaFace 03:18 PM 02-14-2024
Well, it wasn't just an idiot with a CCW.

Glad I could help catch him! pic.twitter.com/enDcmXdud9

— TonyMiike (@Tony_J4Y) February 14, 2024

[Reply]
New World Order 03:18 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nothing is concrete.

Ugh
[Reply]
ghak99 03:19 PM 02-14-2024
Even gave him the business while on the ground.:-)

I bet we get to hear from these guys on the news later.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:19 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Man...awful occurrence prayer for everybody. I am just finding out.
Ok so you want to leave the stadium in Raytown?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 107
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up