ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 108
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:31 PM 10-22-2019
Our safeties right now are playing really well and getting better. Add a good corner and the secondary is pretty legit.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:33 PM 10-22-2019

Ragland's addition was fantastic, but KC also got a boost with Mathieu playing in the box.

22p, motion TE across leaves Ragland and Mathieu isolated on the other TE. Ragland rips through C gap with Mathieu in the D. Saunders controls frontside B and pursuit makes the stop. pic.twitter.com/gZKZx0zgx7

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) October 22, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:33 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Our safeties right now are playing really well and getting better. Add a good corner and the secondary is pretty legit.
Xavien Howard please!! Sorry Breeland
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:34 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's been good this year, looks like he is healthy and they're trying to win a SB.

If they do, I doubt anyone will care.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess.

I wouldn't give up more than a 5th for him.

He's 32 y/o, will need a new contract and imo he's just a slot guy for most teams.

I wouldn't give up a 3rd for a 32 y/o WR who's only had 3 1K seasons in a 10 year career.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:34 PM 10-22-2019
It's clear draft picks have been devalued.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

He's 32 y/o, will need a new contract and imo he's just a slot guy for most teams.

I wouldn't give up a 3rd for a 32 y/o WR who's only had 3 1K seasons in a 10 year career.
How about a 2nd for a guy that’s 30 and never had more than 850 yards?

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:36 PM 10-22-2019
I'd still add something to the d if you can. Shutting down a pee wee offense like the Broncos is great, but they'll need more than that going forward.
[Reply]
O.city 01:37 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

If that WR was what you thought you needed to get you over the hump in the NFC, you'd probably do it.

We tend to forget the end goal isn't draft picks or building whatever, it's winning a SB.
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How about a 2nd for a guy that’s 30 and never had more than 850 yards?

:-)
Atleast he has a year and a half left on his contract.

But Bill may end up cutting him or something way before that.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:40 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...lable-players/

Which players could Chiefs be interested in as trade deadline approaches?

With the deadline 2019 NFL trade deadline a week from today, the Kansas City Chiefs will work to figure out which teams are selling and which players will be available. As teams self-evaluate, more players could become available.
Right now, there are several teams that are likely to be sellers at the deadline. I’ve identified four defenders that the Chiefs could be interested in were they to become available. Let’s take a look:

Redskins CB Quinton Dunbar

I suggested the Chiefs make this trade*ahead of the 2019 season, and sure enough, Dunbar is now Pro Football Focus’ No. 1-ranked cornerback. He’ll likely cost more than a fifth-round pick, as I previously suggested. Kansas City even had conversations about Dunbar with the Redskins during the Alex Smith trade negotiations.
I like the idea of adding a player like Dunbar to the mix because he has chemistry with Bashaud Breeland and Kendall Fuller from their time together in Washington. He’s a guy that can really change the complexion of this secondary and help give the pass rush some more time to hit home. He also has a year left on his contract, so he can fill a need beyond the 2019 season.

The Redskins are a directionless 1-6 team that recently fired their head coach. With a new coaching regime coming in they’ll want to begin stockpiling draft picks. They could potentially hold on to a player like Dunbar, but right now his stock is incredibly high and it likely won’t ever be higher. He’s quietly regarded as one of the top corners in the NFL. They need to sell high, and even then I’m not sure the asking price will scare Kansas City away, especially considering what they were willing to give up for Jalen Ramsey.
I'd flip a 4th for him in a heartbeat. Only scheduled to make $3.2M next year and gives the Chiefs some flexibility given Breland and Fuller are not under contract in 2020.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washingt...-dunbar-17456/
[Reply]
staylor26 01:41 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Atleast he has a year and a half left on his contract.

But Bill may end up cutting him or something way before that.
It’s still a trash trade. They’re the Pats, so it won’t matter much in the end, but it’s definitely awful.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:42 PM 10-22-2019
I'm a grown-assed man, but I swear, I may just fucking cry if we stand pat at the deadline for a second straight year.
[Reply]
poolboy 01:43 PM 10-22-2019
Get It Done Brett Michaels
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:44 PM 10-22-2019
Veach has to do something!!! Need a starter somewhere on defense. A CB opposite of Ward would be nice or a LB. maybe add another offensive weapon if you can
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:46 PM 10-22-2019
Yikes... these are cap hits for next year

#Chiefs that's a lot of money for very little production, Clark. I think it's time to reconsider Brett Veach's position as GM. pic.twitter.com/YWwUqsyTaO

— Josh Miller (@ThreeJs33) October 14, 2019

[Reply]
Page 21 of 108
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up