ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 30
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed
neech 10:50 PM 04-09-2021
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.
:-)

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
[Reply]
srvy 07:16 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's like saying, in 2013, "KC isn't a city that attends Royals games".
Thats the Jackson County Sports Authority problem
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:17 PM 04-29-2023
I bet some of the individuals in this thread clap when the airplane lands.
[Reply]
srvy 07:27 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Beat your head with..

Scurvy, a peacock in everything but intelligence.
He smart^^^

Your ancestors couldn't even beat a RR spike into a tie. That's okay the Chinese put you out of work.
[Reply]
srvy 07:28 PM 04-29-2023
Geat sheep herders
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:31 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Thats the Jackson County Sports Authority problem
Firefly Speechless GIFfrom Firefly GIFs

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:47 PM 04-29-2023
Geat sheep herders
Geat.
[Reply]
srvy 07:48 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Do you lurk in airports?
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:48 PM 04-29-2023
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:48 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
One of them cries because they didn’t let him fuck up the land survey.
[Reply]
srvy 07:52 PM 04-29-2023
When I attend a royals game a portion goes to JCSA and I see a game that I want to see.

I use an airport because they can't land the plane in my driveway. So I get in and out as soon as possible. Tell me what you're getting at. Are you an airport lurker?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:58 PM 04-29-2023
Do you lurk in airports?
If by lurk you mean utilize the various amenities, then yes, sometimes I do.

I never did in the old KCI because there weren't any amenities (and that was the point of the Royals comment... it's dumb to say Kansas Citians don't do things in airports when those things literally didn't exist before).

I've flown out of Sky Harbor many times now and it's great to grab a bite to eat in a restaurant/bar that's a 10 second walk to the gate... or just a beer. Really anything besides struggling to find a seat at the gate, if I'm a little early.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:58 PM 04-29-2023
Until I read a scurvy post, I never had the pleasure of reading asphyxiated thought that in real life probably sounds like a cow chewing a cud.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:59 PM 04-29-2023
I used to lurk in airports but the Chinese were much better at it, so I stopped.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:59 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:01 PM 04-29-2023
When I attend a royals game a portion goes to JCSA and I see a game that I want to see.

I use an airport because they can't land the plane in my driveway. So I get in and out as soon as possible. Tell me what you're getting at. Are you an airport lurker?
You said "KC isn't a City that lurks in airports."

Well, they aren't a city that lurks in an airport that was a cramped mess beyond security with very little to do besides wait for your plane.

Much like saying "people in KC hate baseball" prior to 2014.. and guess what, they put a decent product on the field and people suddenly love baseball!

Well.... give Kansas Citians a decent product to fly in/out of, including BBQ and beer and things beyond security for the first time ever, they might actually change their habits, no?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 30
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up