ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2090 of 4913
« First < 1090159019902040208020862087208820892090 209120922093209421002140219025903090 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 08:39 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Even if you didn’t like the DPI in the end zone (I didn’t think it was a bad call personally), it made up for the one they missed a few plays before where Sherman interfered with Tyreek.
That's true.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:49 AM 09-24-2018
Look, everyone knows the Donkos got BS calls their way cause of Manning. Everyone has seen the same thing with the Patriots and Tom Brady.

IF Mahomes is the next big NFL Star QB, there's not a doubt in my mind that the Chiefs will receive the benefit on some questionable calls. We started to see some small glimpses of it yesterday. And I don't give a shit. I'm fine with that. It's not fixing, per se, it's keeping your viewing audience happy. The NFL is an entertainment enterprise trying to make money first and a competitive sport second.

I don't know how anyone could see it any differently after witnessing the Manning years firsthand . . . . .
[Reply]
TEX 08:49 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Yeah...that's fixing the game, and officials do make bad calls, plus the league is legislating tackling out of the game. I'll give you no credit if you act this way. If you want be fans of a championship team then start acting like it.
Seriously? Like we need "credit" from you? From a guy who is only here, to try and validate to rival fans, how superior his team has been over the years? Typical... :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:51 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
The DPI in the endzone when SF was matched up with Conley (incidental contact).

The OPI they called on SF when Beathard threw the TD pass that was called back. (bullshit call that shouldn't have been made. We, as fans, would have been pissed if they called it against us on a Mahomes TD pass)

That's just two of the calls that I can think of off the top of my head . . . .
What you are seeing is the difference between Alex and Pat. That play was a scramble for SF bc Pat quickly launched it.

You won’t get DPI from checkdowns.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:57 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What you are seeing is the difference between Alex and Pat. That play was a scramble for SF bc Pat quickly launched it.

You won’t get DPI from checkdowns.
No, I get that. I do. And I agree with that.

But the contact between Conley and the DB was incidental and I would argue that the ball was not catchable on that play anyway.

But we got the flag, and the call, and the TD.
[Reply]
TEX 08:57 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
It works because I explained it to you. You've taken a big step into a much larger world. congrats.
It especially works if your team is not good, like yours - As I explained to you, you're about to enter a decade of irrelevance, while your rival has a window to win big. You're entering into a humble world where "It's just football" rationalizations are the norm. Congrats.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:00 AM 09-24-2018
We need to get this thread back on the right track

At what point do the #Broncos admit they made a mistake with Garrett Bolles? LISTEN LIVE https://t.co/3Hie2jITIn pic.twitter.com/7X8z60A7a4

— 104.3 The FAN (@1043TheFan) September 24, 2018

:-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:00 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
It especially works if your team is not good, like yours - As I explained to you, you're about to enter a decade of irrelevance, while your rival has a window to win big. You're entering into a humble world where "It's just football" rationalizations are the norm. Congrats.

Well, let's be honest here....someone has to make excuses for that terrible coach of theirs...that poor bastard can't get out of his own way..
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:01 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
It's easy to say 'it's just football' when your teams sucks and is losing a lot.

I bet all the Donko homers didn't think it was 'just football' when they were competing for Super Bowls every year with Manning.

But it's cool to be apathetic now . . . . . . . very convenient.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:16 AM 09-24-2018
I agree that they really didn't make "fake" calls yesterday...like last year when the Patriots WR didn't have possession for the comeback TD. (Texans)....even after review they let it stand. That was after a PI call that got them in the redzone.

If Smith is KCs QB, they dont get that game deciding OPI call. Its not if the penalty is committed..its if they choose to call it. As a matter of fact..I can NEVER remember getting a controversial call that decided an outcome in KC's favor....anyone watch the KC vs Oakland game last year? Yesterday was a first...and I guess having the new NFL darling is just a coincidence. Nope.

A great example of how this works is the Pats/Jags playoff game...the refs pretty much got NE back in the game right before halftime. Manning's final drive against KC in the opener...how many flags on that one? Carr in 2014 faced a 4 and 16...and they called a bogus PI on Parker at the end and then completely ignored half of the Raider team celebrating 20 yards past the LOS when KC was about to run a 4th down play. It would have put them in FG range...nope, no call.

BTW...a Niner fan spotted Reid slapping a ref on the ass after the game
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:35 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Mahomes will make Elway look like Brodie Croyle.

The regular season win % between the franchises is similar. The difference is a 14 playoff win gap. Mahomes could erase that before he's 30.

People won't be able to shit on KC much longer. They'll need some new material.
Heh... ok, now that's a bit of crazy talk.

Mahomes looks solid, as I've said countless times - I hope he does really well. If KC owns Denver for a while, that's fine - the league is cyclical. It's bound to happen and we're likely in the middle of it now considering the current streak.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

Mahomes looks solid, as I've said countless times - I hope he does really well. If KC owns Denver for a while, that's fine - the league is cyclical. It's bound to happen and we're likely in the middle of it now considering the current streak.
Ummm “solid”? Yea, that’s an understatement.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:44 AM 09-24-2018
You'll find issue with anything... believe in a prior post I called him 'badass'. Believe I used 'stellar' also. Sorry for not giving him his due with 'solid'.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:47 AM 09-24-2018
Just set the all-time TD record in only his first three games....topping the Donko's precious HGH-riddled goon in 2013. Manning got two games at home too...in the early season thin-air. It was his 15th season...

"solid"....:-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:11 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

Why is what he's saying "crazy talk?" You know that Elway was not all that great early on. In fact, stat wise, he was closer to average than good for roughly the first 10 years of his career - averaging only about 16 TD passes and 15 Int's and 3,000 yards. :-)

Stats wise, if Mahomes stays healthy, he's a lock to crush Elway during that same amount of time.

* See how stats can be deceiving??? A card that you often play...:-)
[Reply]
Page 2090 of 4913
« First < 1090159019902040208020862087208820892090 209120922093209421002140219025903090 > Last »
Up