ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 232
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:14 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
1 great game followed by 2 meh games.

Klay and Curry were both off tonight and he couldn’t capitalize. Love and Hopd stepped up. Outplayed by KD when it counts yet again.
The KD love is so overplayed. Good god
[Reply]
tk13 10:14 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
More like the greatest game in NBA Finals history followed by two Finals 30 point triple doubles.

I said immediately after game 1 that there was no way he was going to play like that again, but I guess when you do it once, it becomes the expectation (as ridiculous as that is).
You need to tone down the hyperbole. It's every post. Game 1 was an all-time great game, but there's an entire list of great games. Bill Russell once posted a 30/40 in a game 7. 30 and 40. Magic Johnson probably had the greatest NBA finals game of all time his rookie year when he went from PG to center and dropped 40 on the Sixers. Bird dropped a triple double to finish off the Rockets in 86 and cement their place as one of the greatest teams ever. Isiah Thomas dropped 25 in one quarter on a busted ankle against one of the greatest teams of all time. Jordan with the flu game. I'd have to look it up, but Shaq had some absolute monster games on those early 00 Lakers teams. There's no way to definitively say any one game is the best.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:16 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
MJ wasn't an asshole

[Reply]
O.city 10:16 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Wait till LeBron and Durant team up in Los Angeles.
I dunno how that would work out financially?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:17 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
Nobody can guard Durant. That's always been the case. It's also why he could have eventually beat Golden State without joining them.

It's an interesting dynamic, because there's no way Durant is anywhere near the all-around player LeBron is, but he also has an ability that LeBron doesn't have and cannot stop. I'm not sure going to Houston will fix that. All these triple doubles don't mean squat because Durant can just take over the game whenever he wants, get whatever shot he wants, and nobody is capable of stopping him.

Although to be fair, Durant had 43/13/7 tonight. That's a pretty all-time great game in his own right.
Durant is almost impossible to guard when he is on.. His wingspan is ridiculous. He can shoot over anyone. His jumpshot is pretty damn good but he has a lot of off nights. It's one of the reasons he isn't better than LeBron. LeBron's all-around game allows him to still have good nights when he is off Durant not so much. But as far as scoring I'll take Durant over LeBron any day. He's more streaky and his jumpshot is harder to guard because of his wingspan.

I think Pippen and Garnett would have given Durant a lot of problems but as far as today there isn't anyone I see that can slow him down really. Even Kawhi couldn't. LeBron's D is overrated. As seen tonight, LeBron wants no part of playing D on Durant.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:18 PM 06-06-2018
You need to tone down the hyperbole. It's every post. Game 1 was an all-time great game, but there's an entire list of great games. Bill Russell once posted a 30/40 in a game 7. 30 and 40. Magic Johnson probably had the greatest NBA finals game of all time his rookie year when he went from PG to center and dropped 40 on the Sixers. Bird dropped a triple double to finish off the Rockets in 86 and cement their place as one of the greatest teams ever. Isiah Thomas dropped 25 on a busted ankle against one of the greatest teams of all time. Jordan with the flu game. I'd have to look it up, but Shaq had some absolute monster games on those early 00 Lakers teams. There's no way to definitively say any one game is the best.

KCC is a troll like Arrow sometimes. MJ had a better game than Lebron did.

Originally Posted by :
  • Elgin Baylor: 61pts W (LA Lakers defeat Boston Celtics 126-121)
  • Rick Barry: 55pts W (San Fransisco Warriors defeat Philadelphia 76ers 130-124)
  • Michael Jordan: 55pts W (Chicago Bulls defeat Phoenix Suns 111-105)
  • Jerry West: 53pts W (LA Lakers Defeat Boston Celtics 120-118)
  • Bob Petit: 50pts W (St Louis Hawks defeat Boston Celtics 110-109)
  • LeBron James: 51pts L (Golden State Warriors defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 124-114)
Lebron is the first to score 50 pts and lose in the finals.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:19 PM 06-06-2018
You need to tone down the hyperbole. It's every post.
Of course it is every post. We're lucky enough to still see the greatest player in NBA history in another Finals at more or less the peak of his abilities. It's not going to happen much longer so you might as well enjoy it before it is gone.

Originally Posted by :
Game 1 was an all-time great game, but there's an entire list of great games.
And considering what he was up against (the best team ever created) and the scrubs he had around him (absolute trash, Jeff Green or George Hill is maybe their 3rd best player), I'll put it right there with any other game.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:20 PM 06-06-2018
I have no interest in the NBA simply due to the Super Team strategy. I don't know how you'd regulate it, but KD shouldn't have been able to be with the Warriors.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:21 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
MJ had a better game than Lebron did.
You mean he scored more points on worse efficiency with less contributions in every other area of basketball with a completely stacked team around him. Is that a better game?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:21 PM 06-06-2018
Well most alpha males are considered assholes but I don't see it that way. They want and expect the best out of their teammates/employees/soldiers etc... When they don't get it they are going to get in your face but it isn't personal. They simply want you to do your best.

Being Mr.Nice Guy generally doesn't work in leadership positions. Plenty of exceptions to the rule but it's generally the truth.
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 10:21 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
MJ wasn't an asshole he was an alpha male who would get in your face if you were playing like shit or taking the night off. Kind of like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates in the business world. He wanted to win badly. He had a competitive problem not being an asshole problem. He probably rubbed a lot of his teammates but so what? Most alpha males do.

Overall MJ was pretty much a gentleman in a lot of ways. Definitely a flawed human being but we all are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWOmPj3oYaQ

I’ve heard too many negative fan experiences and saw his HOF speech. He’s definitely an asshole. An amazing basketball playing asshole, but an asshole still the same.
[Reply]
-King- 10:22 PM 06-06-2018
So are we going to act like LeBron got no help this game? While the stats look good, I don't think he played that great especially down the stretch. He was back to being passive LeBron instead of assertive LeBron. But his teammates played better than Durants teammates.

Also, Durant is unstoppable. And him in the Warriors offensive system is a cheat code. That was a real good game wire to wire.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:22 PM 06-06-2018
I'm pretty sure Michael Jordan himself would say he's an asshole.
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 10:23 PM 06-06-2018
I'm pretty sure Michael Jordan himself would say he's an asshole.
He would probably say he’s the greatest asshole of all time.
[Reply]
tk13 10:23 PM 06-06-2018
Nobody in the league can stop Durant, just like nobody in the league can stop LeBron. They are two of the greatest scorers the league has ever seen. I don't see why anybody would knock either's defence for their failure to stop what is impossible to stop.
You can't defend either player, but the problem is the game has evolved into a 3 point shooting bonanza, and that is Durant's strength. LeBron is not anywhere near the perimeter shooter Durant is. Durant is not a better player than LeBron in any universe but he has a skill LeBron doesn't have and he can use it as an equalizer.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 232
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 > Last »
Up