ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 205 of 293
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:31 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

I don’t get this. You already blew your college choice, and a opportunity at another college.

KU is a blue blood program. Top tier every year. The coach is in the fucking Hall of Fame for crissakes. You have to be convinced by others to listen to what he says? Follow his instructions on how to make you a better player?
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:32 PM 03-20-2018
Whatever he finally figured it out. That's all that matters.
[Reply]
sedated 03:54 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don’t get this. You already blew your college choice, and a opportunity at another college.

KU is a blue blood program. Top tier every year. The coach is in the ****ing Hall of Fame for crissakes. You have to be convinced by others to listen to what he says? Follow his instructions on how to make you a better player?
Do college kids listen to anyone? I know I didn't.
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:08 PM 03-20-2018
What is the real purpose of continually nitpicking on someone?

What is there to really gain ?

Everybody just man up.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:40 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
Do college kids listen to anyone? I know I didn't.
And when you ignored your college coach, did he let you play anyway?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:46 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
And when you ignored your college coach, did he let you play anyway?
Yeah, mine did. We didn't have a very good B team.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:49 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like this matchup, I don't care what Kenpom says. We don't shoot 2's well anyway, and we don't shoot alot of them. So what they are good at defending, we don't even like to do.

They can't score well at the rim (we don't have much protection down there). They also aren't a particularly good rebounding team, something we can't do. We are going to roll these fools :-)
The only Clemson game I've seen was their last one against Auburn. I didn't see anything particularly frightening. It looks like a small ball matchup and I don't see why we won't match up well. I don't see that they are going to have an answer for Doke. As long as KU has a good game things should be fine.

Duke is a different story.
Unless Duke has a bad game, merely having a "good" game probably won't be enough for KU. On the other hand, if KU has a great game shooting 3's, I like our chances against anybody.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:50 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yeah, mine did. We didn't have a very good B team.
Yup. And that's why some coaches can win 14 straight conference championships and some can't.

:-)
[Reply]
Pants 05:15 PM 03-20-2018
IDGAF whether KU is playing Austin Peay in the first round or North Carolina in the Final Four, I get nervous for every game. It has nothing to do with match ups or KenPom.

I don't know how you guys don't.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:19 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Okay so this thread is huge but did anyone point out that of Delgado’s 24 and 23 game, 20 and 15 of them came when Dok was on the bench.

So he had 4 and 8 against Dok. Wow.
KCConnection warned us to be very afraid of Delgado.

Just kidding, he had no clue who Delgado was.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:19 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

KU is a blue blood program. Top tier every year. The coach is in the fucking Hall of Fame for crissakes. You have to be convinced by others to listen to what he says? Follow his instructions on how to make you a better player?
Have you like ever met a college student? Particularly and entitled athlete?

Originally Posted by Pants:
IDGAF whether KU is playing Austin Peay in the first round or North Carolina in the Final Four, I get nervous for every game. It has nothing to do with match ups or KenPom.

I’m worried every time. But at this point I didn’t expect much out of this team so I’m not terribly worried because I have no expectations.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:51 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:

Everyone does, even against #16 seeds. Some just have a different way of showing it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:52 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
KCConnection warned us to be very afraid of Delgado.
Warned about their offensive rebounding which is almost entirely Delgado.

Originally Posted by :
Just kidding, he had no clue who Delgado was.
No way man, I meticulously researched Delgado's stats on KenPom. FYI, his closest comparables were David Lee and David West.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:56 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Meh. I’m not all enveloped in Kenpoms stuff to see the egregiousness of his cherry picking.

Even if he is hyperbole (not that I necessarily believe it is) he was far less screaming it from the rooftops as he was Ellis being soft and worthless or Trailor being a lump or any number of things (not that I believe those were pure hyperbole either)
No cherry picking, Bearcat apparently just doesn't want to accept the difficult draw that this particular KU team has to deal with this season.

And I don't know about worthless (he was actually quite good and valuable), but man was Perry was soft. He has and will remain the gold standard for softness for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:31 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Warned about their offensive rebounding
Nobody is aware of our rebounding problems.

Originally Posted by :
which is almost entirely Delgado.
Only 33%, by comparison Doke is 25% of ours.

Originally Posted by :
No way man, I meticulously researched Delgado's stats on KenPom. FYI, his closest comparables were David Lee and David West.
His comp is Doke, whom you called a "terrible rebounder". Per 40 they have the same FGA, FTA, steals, turnovers. Doke 12 boards vs Delgado 15. Doke blocks a few more shots and fouls a bit more.
[Reply]
Page 205 of 293
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255 > Last »
Up