ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 208
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:25 PM 12-07-2017
I agree, make diet a huge priority. Just getting weight off makes everything easier and just a little exercise with diet works wonders. I really like the KETO diet. The weight comes off, not hungry and eat food that is really satisfying. My problem is I like beer so it conflicts with Keto.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:27 PM 12-07-2017
I'll have a JAMESON and COKE on the rocks please.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:50 PM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Alright resident experts,

I’m back in the gym for the first time in several years and need some advice on a routine that won’t murder me.

As a background I’m familiar with most of the lifts except I’m not too comfortable with deadlift, we didn’t do it a lot in school. But it’s been awhile. I’m definitely starting light.

I also am kind of broke down. I have arthritis in my knees pretty bad. Hopefully I can get at least some squatting done. I’m hoping if I can get some weight off it will help the arthritis. I also have plantar faciiitis in my feet which sucks balls. I don’t think it should affect lifts much but plyometrics may be problematic. In the past I’ve had trouble in my shoulders. If I run over a quarter mile I get shin splints. God typing all that out my body is shit. I need a new one.

My goals are as follows:
1. Don’t get hurt. I have too much shit to do that requires manual labor to be out of commission. That is the priority.

2. I’m not really interested in getting huge or giant gains or any of that stuff. I’d like to look better in the mirror, sure. But what’s finally motivated me is I need to extend my usefulness physically. Everything is starting to get harder than it used to be and I probably need to focus on my health some too before it gets bad. My doctor is starting to grumble about cholesterol and I’d like to avoid medication if I can.

3. I would like to improve my balance some. It sure seems like I don’t trust myself, especially at heights anymore. I’m sure getting weight off and improving strength will help but if there is anything specific I can do I’m down.

4. Establish a routine that is sustainable when field work starts. I need to keep workouts fairly short. I can drag them out now but come March I get busy as hell.

As far as what I plan to do is I’ve been hitting the bike for a few days and I plan to ease into weights. I’ll probably keep some cardio in after I work the weights in. They have a pool that I will use when they open it but I plan to hit the weights as long as I can keep from hurting myself.

So any recommendations? How should I group the lifts? What should I avoid with my junk knees? Which lifts should I focus on first?

Thanks!

So you mostly just wanna look better naked?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:52 PM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So you mostly just wanna look better naked?
More on the health side of things. But I’m glad you’re thinking about me naked.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:56 PM 12-07-2017
It’s biking at the moment. They won’t fill the pool until March
Don't listen to too many folks. Read up on ways to achieve your goals, and PM folks. Other than that, fuck most of these fat folks!

Oh, and eat pussy!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:01 PM 12-08-2017
Seriously, look to see if there is a similar machine to the Arc. It is very low impact and works the total body very well. I am on one of these every day.

Can you guess who I am. Clue, I am 60 YO in the picture.

Yeah, I stole the head shot but It was my picture...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:24 PM 12-08-2017
In growing tits Lew
[Reply]
el borracho 03:21 PM 12-08-2017
Ok, I was just concerned with the joint troubles you have (shoulders, knees, and feet) and the fact that your job is physical. You can substitute whatever low impact exercise you want. If you are determined to do resistance training, I would suggest you concentrate on compound movements, assuming they don't trouble your joints.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:01 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
In growing tits Lew
English, Por favor?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:05 PM 12-08-2017
English, Por favor?
Drunk by 3 PM.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:52 AM 12-09-2017
English, Por favor?
My weight hasn't increased but it looks like I have breasts
[Reply]
lewdog 12:27 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
My weight hasn't increased but it looks like I have breasts
You running a lot of steroids right now?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:54 PM 12-09-2017
You running a lot of steroids right now?
No but I'm hitting every muscle group twice a week now and getting an amazing pump
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:11 AM 12-10-2017
The recumbent bike is a great place to start IMO.

I do both the recumbent bike and treadmill, with light weight exercises now everyday.

Going to the gym didn't really do it for me in Illinois, or here. Over 10 years of it and still the same weight.
Loved the excuse, muscle weighs more than fat. :-)

Just before thanksgiving a year ago I decided to do something different as my knees were starting to hurt after hitting my all time high weight. I don't want to go the surgery route of fixing a symptom instead of the problem.

As many have said, logging everything you consume is what really helped me. I have dropped 30 pounds and want to get another 20 off in order to get to my "ideal weight."

I went to 1200 calories a day for a while, then up to 1400 while keeping the fiber above 25, protein above 100, fat below 30 and carbs below 150. I use sparkpeople.com
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:04 PM 12-16-2017
So I got this on sale on Amazon the other day for 20$

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GCA4BJC?psc=1#

For when it snows and they don't plow worth a fuck, or if I don't feel like going to the gym, or wanting to switch my workout up for a week.

Do these things actually build muscle or will it be more of a flexibility thing?
[Reply]
Page 202 of 208
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206 > Last »
Up