ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 201 of 237
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:41 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You wouldn't make such idiotic posts if you read what's actually being argued. But I can't fix stupid.
Of course your posts are proof of this. How many of those rushed shots turned into quick transition buckets for KU? You probably think West Virginia's last possession last night was well drawn too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:48 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Of course your posts are proof of this. How many of those rushed shots turned into quick transition buckets for KU? You probably think West Virginia's last possession last night was well drawn too.
The problem you are refrencing is the shot taken not the time elapsed off the clock when it was taken. If they'd have held the ball for 28 seconds before putting up a shitty shot they wouldn't be any farther ahead. They were kicking the hell out of KU when they were doing the same thing except the shots went down.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:17 PM 03-24-2017
KU played well, probably their best tourney game in a long,long time

Colby was a huge help again, crucial minutes while the game was still in doubt.

While Graham is hitting 3's KU is extremely difficult to beat.

Purdue stopped going inside to Ivan Drago and it cost them the game.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:37 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
Right.
When KU scores 1.4 points per possession, you're not going to beat them fast pace or slow. Warm up the bus.
Purdue allowed Kansas to play in transition. KU used that to exploit their superior athleticism and speed. Purdue didn't force KU into a halfcourt sludge fest, which allowed that points per possession stat to absolutely skyrocket. So simply pointing at a stat and saying this is why is way too simplified. The stat is a product of the tempo (among other factors, obviously). Had KU been forced to play the halfcourt game, instead of the up and down transition game, they don't score 1.4 ppp.
[Reply]
O.city 02:45 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Since you're a fan of a school that has zero NCAAT wins, let me explain the game to you in simple terms. Oliver has 4 factors that significantly determine a basketball outcome.

1. Shooting: 40%
2. Turnovers 25%
3. Rebounding 20
4. FT 15%

Missing from that list is "tempo". That's because it's irrelevant - teams can win at any tempo. Go to Pomeroy and run a correlation formula on wins vs tempo. (I did this once and it came back at near zero correlation)
The 30 second shot clock basically eliminates slowing the tempo down that much. In the end, you can run the SC down to 2 every possession, but if you miss shots, it doesn't matter.

Purdue made some shots early, and didn't continue to attempt to exploit the advantages they had (post play). Once they got behind, it was over.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:46 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Purdue allowed Kansas to play in transition. KU used that to exploit their superior athleticism and speed. Purdue didn't force KU into a halfcourt sludge fest, which allowed that points per possession stat to absolutely skyrocket. So simply pointing at a stat and saying this is why is way too simplified. The stat is a product of the tempo (among other factors, obviously). Had KU been forced to play the halfcourt game, instead of the up and down transition game, they don't score 1.4 ppp.
This. I would have gone inside way more if I were Purdue.
[Reply]
O.city 02:48 PM 03-24-2017
KU basically had the formula the Warriors used last year, last night. If they make 15 3's, Purdue has to make 23 shots throwing it inside to keep pace.

I think you guys are overcomplicating this. KU made shots. Purdue did early, then stopped. Missed shots lead to fast breaks and easy baskets.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:53 PM 03-24-2017
I thought KU did a pretty good job of adjusting their perimeter D and started contesting the 3 and easy passes inside. Purdue didn't just go cold.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:56 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
KU basically had the formula the Warriors used last year, last night. If they make 15 3's, Purdue has to make 23 shots throwing it inside to keep pace.

I think you guys are overcomplicating this. KU made shots. Purdue did early, then stopped. Missed shots lead to fast breaks and easy baskets.
KU Ran, ran ran... They forced that tempo onto Purdue. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw Bill Self wearing this T-Shirt when he left the lockerroom later in the evening:

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:58 PM 03-24-2017

Only the dumb people are over complicating it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:59 PM 03-24-2017
Swanigan having Albert Wilson hands helped as well. Guy had one more rebound than turnovers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:39 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I thought KU did a pretty good job of adjusting their perimeter D and started contesting the 3 and easy passes inside. Purdue didn't just go cold.
KUs rotation was really bad early. Really bad. I made the comment earlier that they were pressing and overthinking it. Maybe not. Maybe Self is an X/O wizard and found the magic bullet, but it looked to me like KU was thinking not playing, then overcompensating by running really fast. To the wrong spot.
[Reply]
O.city 03:41 PM 03-24-2017
Self's x's and o's chops are severely underrated. Dude is really good in game with that stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:44 PM 03-24-2017
Self's x's and o's chops are severely underrated. Dude is really good in game with that stuff.
Agreed. Especially after watching some of the fuckfests that have been on display this march.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:44 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Ivan Drago
Damnit, couldn't remember the name. Just kept calling him the Russian boxer.
[Reply]
Page 201 of 237
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211 > Last »
Up