ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 200 of 379
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210250300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:42 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Deebo19:
Do you guys promise to play goaline defense like you did against Henry? With a single deep safety, whatever his name is, and linebackers shadowing our RB?

Please please please do!
We didnt stack the box against henry you moron

We were one of the only teams to be able to stop.him and we did it WITHOUT stacking the box. Did you even watch the game? Goal line D .....LLLOLOLOLLL
[Reply]
DRM08 09:45 AM 01-24-2020
Are you guys going to be nervous when the line inevitably shifts into the 49ers favor? You know after the "experts" start actually watching our games?
I don’t care about the betting line. 49ers are very talented with strong coaching. So I expect it to be a tough game regardless of the gambling line. Chiefs will need to bring their A game and we will see if they show up ready to play.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:48 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hern:
Hey Rabbs great to hear from you!!!

At this point who knows. You got KC fans saying how they dominated certain teams before week 8, then you call them out on not dominating certain teams that they should’ve before week 8 and all of the sudden that one didn’t count because of whatever reason.
Well, they all counted. We were 12-4 for the regular season. That's really the only "regular season stat" that mattered for the playoffs, and that had to do with seeding. It was good enough for #2 in the AFC.

The best way I can sum it up is that something changed after we lost to the Titans in week 10. I was as critical of Andy Reid and our defense as anyone. You can go through my posts on here and find many posts that bear that out. But then, we started playing hard defense. Andy Reid changed. The defense changed. It all started coming together.

After the Chicago game, at Chicago, I posted on this board that it was our most complete game of the season, if the defense kept playing like that and if Andy Reid kept calling games like that, then we have a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl, because no one was going to stop this team.

Winning at New England was huge for several reasons, the biggest of which was that it eventually gave us the #2 seed in the playoffs.

So, you can say "#26th ranked run defense" as many times as you want if it helps you sleep at night. Because it's gonna **** your world up on Feb 2nd when that #26 ranked run defense uncorks one on that supposedly unstoppable run game of the Forty-Giners. Jimmy Grapes ain't got the grapes to hang with this team. Sorry, he just doesn't. If the Chiefs play the way they've played since week 11, it's shut down time for y'all.

That's why what happened before doesn't matter. Because it really doesn't. This is a completely different team, in confidence, in attitude, in health, in coaching. Every single aspect of the team is in tune with the other. What were weaknesses early in the season (pass blocking, run D, clock management, staying healthy) are no longer weaknesses. This team has no real weakness.

Good luck.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:53 AM 01-24-2020
Are you guys going to be nervous when the line inevitably shifts into the 49ers favor? You know after the "experts" start actually watching our games?
I rewatched that 49er/Seahawks game from week 17 last night.

1st off, you all got lucky. Lucky the refs bailed you out at the end, because the Seahawks got robbed on that no-call pass interference in the end zone.

Lucky to get the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Lucky you didn't face Seattle instead of a hapless Green Bay team.

San Francisco is just lucky to have made it this far.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:57 AM 01-24-2020
Do you guys promise to play goaline defense like you did against Henry? With a single deep safety, whatever his name is, and linebackers shadowing our RB?

Please please please do!
We stacked the box on like 12% of plays against the Titans, you fucking cross-eyed crackhead.

If you had watched the game, maybe you'd have known that. Maybe.

And you'll know Honey Badger's new name by the end of the night on Feb 2nd. They call him The Landlord now. And Feb 2nd is when the 49ers rent is due.

He'll be coming to collect.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:59 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

1st off, you all got lucky. Lucky the refs bailed you out at the end, because the Seahawks got robbed on that no-call pass interference in the end zone.

I watched the first half of the Week 16 game vs the Rams. They couldn’t handle Goff when they moved him out of the pocket.

And Jimmy G looked pathetic in the first couple of drives.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 AM 01-24-2020

Seattle was in tatters as well.

For all the talk about the vaunted NFC, I didn't see much in the way of greatness there. The Packers were the weirdest, softest 13-3 team I've seen since...well the Chiefs 13-3 team in 2003. Brees was so clearly on fumes down the stretch (same as last year) that the Saints simply weren't as good as their record. The Seahawks had been decimated by injury and damn near lost to a 40 year old man playing on a torn hamstring. The Vikings had Kurt Cousins - the same guy that lost to Matt Moore.

I just don't understand this belief that the NFC was some savage hell-conference.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:00 AM 01-24-2020
you haven't watched ours.

We've all seen some of yours.

You know, like actual fans of the sport do.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:01 AM 01-24-2020

They can make the same statement about KC. Lucky to beat the Patriots in regular season. Lucky the Patriots choked against Fitzmagic to give KC a playoff bye. Lucky the Ravens and Patriots both choked against Tennessee. Lucky that Bill O’Brien went full retard in KC.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:01 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Seattle was in tatters as well.

For all the talk about the vaunted NFC, I didn't see much in the way of greatness there. The Packers were the weirdest, softest 13-3 team I've seen since...well the Chiefs 13-3 team in 2003. Brees was so clearly on fumes down the stretch (same as last year) that the Saints simply weren't as good as their record. The Seahawks had been decimated by injury and damn near lost to a 40 year old man playing on a torn hamstring. The Vikings had Kurt Cousins - the same guy that lost to Matt Moore.

I just don't understand this belief that the NFC was some savage hell-conference.
Correct. It's almost as if the 49ers were gifted the #1 seed by default.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:03 AM 01-24-2020

Please please please do!
See, this is what I'm talking about.

We didn't stack the box. Barely at all. On a few 3rd and 1's.

That's IT.

You have no idea what you're talking about. At all.

You're completely ignorant, but spouting a bunch of chest beating bullshit.

And come Feb.3rd, you'll be gone, tail between your legs, wondering where it all went wrong.

Which makes it pointless to even talk to you.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:04 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The 49ers secondary is really what is the difference. Derwin James is the best young safety in the league. He’s the only safety that I’ve seen consistently limit YAC from Kelce. They also have damn good corners in Heyward and King.

I think the 49ers secondary has a lot of holes in it. I don’t know why they limit Sherman by lining him up on one side. I mean we could theoretically line up our weakest receiver there and attack the other corners with our best, specifically out of the slot.

If our OL can give Mahomes time, I think he will destroy Mosley, Williams and Witherspoon.
I think the answer to this is because that is what Sherman wants to do, he did it in Seattle too.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:06 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They can make the same statement about KC. Lucky to beat the Patriots in regular season. Lucky the Patriots choked against Fitzmagic to give KC a playoff bye. Lucky the Ravens and Patriots both choked against Tennessee. Lucky that Bill O’Brien went full retard in KC.
But we went to NE and straight up beat the Pats.
The Dolphins straight up beat the Pats.
Tennessee straight up punched both the Ravens and the Pats in the mouth
Bill O'Brien is Bill O'Brien and will ALWAYS go full retard. The Texans were lucky Josh Allen went full fetal. The Texans were lucky Buffalo didn't win.

The Chiefs have proven their mettle over the last 8 games. The 49ers needed help to get the #1 seed over Seattle. If the officials had called that game correctly - or if they had even REVIEWED that call (it was under 2 minutes), Seattle would've had a bye week to get healthy, and it's possible that the 49ers wouldn't have made it past them the third time, either.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:08 AM 01-24-2020
But we went to NE and straight up beat the Pats.
The Dolphins straight up beat the Pats.
Tennessee straight up punched both the Ravens and the Pats in the mouth
Bill O'Brien is Bill O'Brien and will ALWAYS go full retard. The Texans were lucky Josh Allen went full fetal. The Texans were lucky Buffalo didn't win.

The Chiefs have proven their mettle over the last 8 games. The 49ers needed help to get the #1 seed over Seattle. If the officials had called that game correctly - or if they had even REVIEWED that call (it was under 2 minutes), Seattle would've had a bye week to get healthy, and it's possible that the 49ers wouldn't have made it past them the third time, either.
Buffalo choking was a good break for KC as well. Texans defense is trash (shown by Drew Lock). Buffalo would have given KC a tougher game.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:14 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

via GIPHY

:-)
[Reply]
Page 200 of 379
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210250300 > Last »
Up