ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 200 of 237
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:54 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I know it's not exactly Purdue's style to play slowly this season, but they should have considered it. Their fast pace played way too much to KU's advantage. Even when they were ahead for a lot of the first half, you felt there was no way they could sustain that kind of scoring.
I knew they couldn't sustain that rate of scoring and I even said as much in the NCAA thread.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:58 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I knew they couldn't sustain that rate of scoring and I even said as much in the NCAA thread.
Ya but at the same time, it gives you anxiety when they come out firing like that. The realization sets in that they are the #8 3-point shooting team in the country, and that's the type of shooting that usually break's KU's back in the tourney... Then Frank takes over and I'm able to stop using the oxygen tank.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:09 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Ya but at the same time, it gives you anxiety when they come out firing like that. The realization sets in that they are the #8 3-point shooting team in the country, and that's the type of shooting that usually break's KU's back in the tourney... Then Frank takes over and I'm able to stop using the oxygen tank.
Oh I'm not saying I wasn't a little nervous. But it's not like in year's past. This team has shown all year that they can hang with anyone. And they can come back and win against anyone.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:49 AM 03-24-2017
Who cares how "fast" Purdue played? It worked most of the 1st half when they shot 57% and suddenly failed when they shot 33% in the 2nd. Pace and tempo is irrelevant if you're making shots. Purdue could've slowed it to a crawl, and still would've lost badly shooting that poorly late. Gotta make shots

They also turned it over a lot esp feeding the post. Underdogs can't TO and shoot poorly and win
[Reply]
ping2000 10:24 AM 03-24-2017
Watching the replay of the game. 8:33 in the second half. One guy says Purdue has lots of time, they just need some stops. Jackson drives through the lane and slam dunks. Reggie Miller says "no, Purdue has no chance." :-).
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:27 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Watching the replay of the game. 8:33 in the second half. One guy says Purdue has lots of time, they just need some stops. Jackson drives through the lane and slam dunks. Reggie Miller says "no, Purdue has no chance." :-).
Reggie has been great, and has a pretty big man crush on Frank.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:28 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by ping2000:
I heard that live. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:39 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Who cares how "fast" Purdue played? It worked most of the 1st half when they shot 57% and suddenly failed when they shot 33% in the 2nd. Pace and tempo is irrelevant if you're making shots. Purdue could've slowed it to a crawl, and still would've lost badly shooting that poorly late. Gotta make shots

They also turned it over a lot esp feeding the post. Underdogs can't TO and shoot poorly and win
You would make a terrible basketball coach. Slow the game down to limit the number of chances KU has to score. You won't beat them if the game is in the 80s.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:52 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
You would make a terrible basketball coach. Slow the game down to limit the number of chances KU has to score. You won't beat them if the game is in the 80s.
He's right though. You can slow it down, but if you can't score more efficiently than they do, you will lose.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 11:56 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He's right though. You can slow it down, but if you can't score more efficiently than they do, you will lose.
Right.
When KU scores 1.4 points per possession, you're not going to beat them fast pace or slow. Warm up the bus.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:50 PM 03-24-2017
Since you're a fan of a school that has zero NCAAT wins, let me explain the game to you in simple terms. Oliver has 4 factors that significantly determine a basketball outcome.

1. Shooting: 40%
2. Turnovers 25%
3. Rebounding 20
4. FT 15%

Missing from that list is "tempo". That's because it's irrelevant - teams can win at any tempo. Go to Pomeroy and run a correlation formula on wins vs tempo. (I did this once and it came back at near zero correlation)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:06 PM 03-24-2017
Yeah, slowing down the game is like going to a 2-3 zone. Sure, it can work, but typically the better team just beats you however way you want to be beaten.

As long as you have the talent and the coaching. The reason why I love this team is because, while they shoot the 3 a ton, they don't have to rely on it. Jackson and Mason can get to the rim at will, while Vick and Graham have a really good midrange game and the athleticism to get a good 2 point shot off.

It's just a versatile team with a great coach and elite talent.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:12 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Yeah, slowing down the game is like going to a 2-3 zone. Sure, it can work, but typically the better team just beats you however way you want to be beaten.

As long as you have the talent and the coaching. The reason why I love this team is because, while they shoot the 3 a ton, they don't have to rely on it. Jackson and Mason can get to the rim at will, while Vick and Graham have a really good midrange game and the athleticism to get a good 2 point shot off.

It's just a versatile team with a great coach and elite talent.
Going to a 2-3 can exploit some weaknesses in other teams. There is some strategy to that.

Slowing down the game is really just hoping you will catch some luck and will catch a lull in their efficiency and if you do, then you slow the game down it lessens the probability that they will get back to their mean efficiency.

Some teams will say, "We need to slow it down." When they really mean, "We need to hit, hold, push, whatever them hard enough it takes them out of their game"

Both the luck and "physical" approach leads to shitterrible basketball.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:13 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Since you're a fan of a school that has zero NCAAT wins, let me explain the game to you in simple terms. Oliver has 4 factors that significantly determine a basketball outcome.

1. Shooting: 40%
2. Turnovers 25%
3. Rebounding 20
4. FT 15%

Missing from that list is "tempo". That's because it's irrelevant - teams can win at any tempo. Go to Pomeroy and run a correlation formula on wins vs tempo. (I did this once and it came back at near zero correlation)
Pomeroy is the Nick Athan version of college basketball it's no wonder you are so clueless.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:27 PM 03-24-2017
Pomeroy is the Nick Athan version of college basketball it's no wonder you are so clueless.
You wouldn't make such idiotic posts if you read what's actually being argued. But I can't fix stupid.
[Reply]
Page 200 of 237
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210 > Last »
Up