ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 74
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:38 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No it works for me, but you seem to missing the point. Sweden has done NOTHING.

those other two I can't speak for.
That is not true at all. Sweden has instituted distancing recommendations which is supported by a verifiable reduction in traffic.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:44 PM 05-11-2020
The NFL has time on their side but if Major League Baseball doesn't come back it is going to be hard for any of the major league sports to come back.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:50 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Definitely no fans. I'm highly skeptical they can do it with the teams safely either, but it depends on what progress we make toward truly reducing the spread before the fall. Right now, it doesn't look promising.
To be honest I go back and forth but not for the reasons some might.

I go back and forth on no way do they let these players play this game in this environment and wait but the NFL has no qualms about endangering people's lives for their own enrichment.

I mean I really can see billionaires filling stadiums full of people and just saying be brave! *salutes stealth bomber* *inhales covid 19*
[Reply]
tk13 03:52 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No it works for me, but you seem to missing the point. Sweden has done NOTHING.

those other two I can't speak for.
That's not true. People are social distancing there.

I think all the comparing to Sweden is tough. We've talked about it in the COVID thread. They are a completely different society than we are.

They have a trust of government there we'll never have here. Still, they have way, way more cases than their neighbors, and they will look terrible if this virus weakens at all.

And thirdly they frankly don't have to worry about health care there. Lot easier to say screw it when you don't have to worry about hospital bills.
[Reply]
Donger 03:54 PM 05-11-2020
The head of Sweden's coronavirus response said in a new interview that the country's high death toll had "come as a surprise" and was "really something we worry a lot about."
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:56 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The NFL has time on their side but if Major League Baseball doesn't come back it is going to be hard for any of the major league sports to come back.
MLB is MLBPA are fighting on how they will get paid. It’s all about the money don’t let the virus fool you.

MLB says it’s not a salary cap.
"We’re not trying to regulate payrolls, we’re not trying to set a precedent, none of the above.”

The MLBPA says it is. "A system that restricts player pay based on revenues is a salary cap, period.”

With @Ken_Rosenthal:https://t.co/Qx0xvmpmzm

— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) May 11, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 04:02 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
MLB is MLBPA are fighting on how they will get paid. It’s all about the money don’t let the virus fool you.

Well, no shit. I mean if there's no games, are players going to get paid?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:05 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, no shit. I mean if there's no games, are players going to get paid?
Owners today approved a season to start first week of July.
[Reply]
FAX 04:10 PM 05-11-2020
I should like to take this opportunity to tell Dr. Fauxci to go f*** himself.

FAX
[Reply]
jdubya 04:11 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Owners today approved a season to start first week of July.
Thats awesome. With no fans I think it will be fun to be able to hear the player chatter during the games as well. To the players it will feel like high school or college ball with so few fans lol.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:13 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The head of Sweden's coronavirus response said in a new interview that the country's high death toll had "come as a surprise" and was "really something we worry a lot about."
He was referencing his disappointment in not being able to reduce the deaths in the nursing homes. He didn't say that he thought Sweden's overall policy was wrong.

Lockdown or not many countries have not been able to protect the elderly in nursing homes.
[Reply]
Donger 04:14 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
I should like to take this opportunity to tell Dr. Fauxci to go f*** himself.

FAX
Oh my. Why FAX?
[Reply]
FAX 04:16 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Oh my. Why FAX?
Because I think it would be funny to watch.

FAX
[Reply]
Donger 04:19 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
Because I think it would be funny to watch.

FAX
I presume the addition of the 'x' to his name was intentional.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:21 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Thats awesome. With no fans I think it will be fun to be able to hear the player chatter during the games as well. To the players it will feel like high school or college ball with so few fans lol.
The MLBPA hasn't ratified the owner's plan so it's not official yet
[Reply]
Page 20 of 74
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up