ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 95
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
mkp785 01:30 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
In your private life you have all of the options of the constitution. I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone who wants to protest on the rights given to us by the Constution. On the job you have to abide by the rules of the company or they will let you go. If you go into work everyday and start saying that upper management is terrible and start creating dissension among the employees, you will be warned. The company wants harmony to be able to maintain production. If you continue, you will be let go. The First amendment guarantees your right of free speech but it does not guarantee there won't be repercussions from it. The NFL already tells the players what they can wear because the players are employed by the company. If the don't abide, there are repercussions.
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I just watched it again to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They never said 'demand' they requested the NFL say something. As to the rest of your point the NFL should condemn racism-that's a good thing. Black, white, asian, latino and everyone else should get along and the NFL should back that statement. If they wanna make the statement then they can.

I'd also point out that a lot of what people had a problem with Kaep doing was that he did it during a game and if he did it while not playing for the team then they wouldn't have a problem with it. Would you agree that making this statement made during the summer on their own time qualifies for that? You're cool with people expressing their 1st amendment rights I assume....?
case in point
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:34 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Colin Kaepernick would still be on a team if he was an elite player. He was deemed that he wasn't good enough for the headache, had say DeShaun Watson done it, he'd still be playing.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’d think this would be obvious based on the fact that many players that did kneel are still in the NFL.
I thoroughly disagree with both of you.

Kaepernick doesn't have a job because the POTUS called him out for kneeling. NFL owners are largely very conservative and no business wants to feel the wrath of ANY president.

When bozos like Nathan Peterman, AJ McCarron and Blaine Gabbert are signed time and time again while CK sits, there's definitely something wrong. And for those of you that are defending the NFL because CK wasn't "productive", he was most certainly productive while playing for a competent coach.

Tomsula was a complete bozo that finish his only season at 5-11, while Chip Kelly's record since coaching the 2-14 49ers is a spectacular 9-31

But yeah, CK isn't good enough. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:35 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Kaepernick doesn't have a job because the POTUS called him out for kneeling. NFL owners are largely very conservative and no business wants to feel the wrath of ANY president.

When bozos like Nathan Peterman, AJ McCarron and Blaine Gabbert are signed time and time again while CK sits, there's definitely something wrong. And for those of you that are defending the NFL because CK wasn't "productive", he was most certainly productive while playing for a competent coach.

Tomsula was a complete bozo that finish his only season at 5-11, while Chip Kelly's record since coaching the 49ers is a spectacular 9-31.

I'm not going to say you're wrong because it could very well be the case, still think Trump fanned those flames purposely because of his USFL debacle back in the day.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 01:36 PM 06-05-2020
I'm not going to say you're wrong because it could very well be the case, still think Trump fanned those flames purposely because of his USFL debacle back in the day.
nope, a certain president isn't insecure at all. nope.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:37 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
You may have missed my point. They are only talking about brutality against black people, which is a racial differentiator, which opens the discussion up to other surrounding racial issues.

How awesome and truly uniting would it have been if they included truly equally concern for police brutality and listed names of white victims or other races of police brutality. Or heck even just police killed in the rioting. Perhaps you can argue that’s not their responsibility but it would be a huge united and also keep the conversation truly about policing issues. But they didn’t go that route so it leaves room for racial discussions.
I think the video they made was perfect and it was clearly the video they wanted to make. The great thing is that there is nothing stopping you, or rabblerouser, or Drew Brees, or whomever for making the video you suggest. Have at it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:38 PM 06-05-2020
Yeah, I'd be quite surprised if his tenure in the USFL and the fact that the Bills passed on his offer don't have at least some role in his decision to call out CK.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:38 PM 06-05-2020

Tomsula was a complete bozo that finish his only season at 5-11, while Chip Kelly's record since coaching the 2-14 49ers is a spectacular 9-31

Umm I didn’t say he isn’t good enough to be in the NFL dude.

But if he were an elite player he’d still be in the NFL.

Risk/reward. Nobody wants their backup QB getting that much attention.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:38 PM 06-05-2020

While i agree with most of this post, i think the reason he isn't in the league is that, unlike Peterman, McCarron or Gabbert, Kaep wanted to be a starter and get paid starter money.

He was a QB, at the time, that needed some QB rehab ala Dalton, Bridgewater or Winston. But he wasn't willing to do that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:39 PM 06-05-2020

I half agree with you. Peterman, McCarron and Gabbert aren’t screaming about being a starter and getting paid like one. Kap doesn’t want to be a backup. Or at least that’s how it comes across to me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:40 PM 06-05-2020
Umm I didn’t say he isn’t good enough to be in the NFL dude.

But if he were an elite player he’d still be in the NFL.

Risk/reward.
Then why are guys like Peterman, Gabbert, Cassel and others employed year after year when CK can't even get into a room with an NFL team?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:40 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I just watched it again to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They never said 'demand' they requested the NFL say something. As to the rest of your point the NFL should condemn racism-that's a good thing. Black, white, asian, latino and everyone else should get along and the NFL should back that statement. If they wanna make the statement then they can.

I'd also point out that a lot of what people had a problem with Kaep doing was that he did it during a game and if he did it while not playing for the team then they wouldn't have a problem with it. Would you agree that making this statement made during the summer on their own time qualifies for that? You're cool with people expressing their 1st amendment rights I assume....?

I don’t disagree. What I disagree with is the idea that their message is just about police brutality. Which is my point and why it’s fair game to discuss racial issues despite some people (who are clearly wrong) wanting to keep it a police brutality against blacks only discussion. You can make your own conclusions about why that may be.

I thinks it’s silly to ask the NFL to condemn racism just like it would be silly to ask them to condemn domestic violence, but of course I don’t mind they said this now or really anytime. What I do mind is that unless you say the “right” thing (Brees) you get railroaded by a mob.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:40 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Man I can’t wait to see the mental gymnastics of some in here When they see Pat take a knee and not trash him as a traitor to his country like they did to Kap.
Can I still say that I don't care?

The problem with Kaepernick was always that the guy was just a shitty messenger. He was an opportunistic hypocrite who couldn't ever articulate a good response to direct disputes put towards him.

He started with the typical 'no comment' before he started wearing pig socks and pissing off Cubans (who have experienced plenty of troubles in this country in their own right). Then he started responding to the dumbest bullshit takes on Twitter or what not while ignoring legitimate and thoughtful disagreement.

Had Anquon Boldin or Malcom Jenkins been at the forefront of that charge, it would've been taken completely differently because they were thoughtful and direct advocates of their cause who would listen to disagreement and directly address it.

Kaepernick was just a hit and run douche.

For reasons I mentioned loooooong ago, I don't see a ton of merit to their position, but I respect their right to say it and REALLY respect how they went about doing it.

Your spokesman almost always determines the success of your cause and Kaepernick was just a really shitty spokesman.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:41 PM 06-05-2020
Then why are guys like Peterman, Gabbert, Cassel and others employed year after year when CK can't even get into a room with an NFL team?
Because they aren’t making any noise. They keep their mouth shut and hold the clipboard like a backup is supposed to.

Nobody wants a backup QB with that baggage. It’s really simple.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:42 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I half agree with you. Peterman, McCarron and Gabbert aren’t screaming about being a starter and getting paid like one. Kap doesn’t want to be a backup. Or at least that’s how it comes across to me.
Yea this.

And, like many things in this world, the narrative was spun that the NFL just didn't want him. If he were willing to humble himself i bet he'd still be in the league.

But instead of going, "Man, my game hasn't developed, i need a change of scenery", he went "Collusion! I'm a SB QB and now they want to pay me like a backup because i kneeled!".

Kaep was under fire for poor play before he started kneeling.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:42 PM 06-05-2020
Because they aren’t making any noise. They keep their mouth shut and hold the clipboard.
So those owners and GM's care more about the fact that CK has a voice and uses it, than actually winning football games.

Let's cut the horseshit and call a spade a spade.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 95
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up