« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
-King- 02:57 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You cannot expect a GM to come in with that chicken shit of a roster and expect him to start winning immediately and NOT have the cap bear some strain. That's the nature of the beast, especially when the roster depth he inherited was absolute garbage and he had to hit the market to even put a credible product on the field.

The man took the reigns of a 2-14 team with zero credible NFL quarterbacks on the roster and in the next 4 years averaged 11 wins/season and went to the playoffs three times.

What in the actual fuck happened to measuring a person's performance by the totality of the circumstances?

No, you're just wrong. This absolutely 'should be surprising' because it's fucking idiotic. You do not fire a guy that was instrumental in the turnaround that this team has gone through. Because if this is Clark's way of doing things, we're going to be Al Davis's 'fire and forget', unstable as fuck Raiders in real short order.
Yeah but those cap mistakes still were happening the past couple years. It's not like they stopped happening once we were good and stable. The Hali contract happened just last year.

And I give more credit to Reid for the turnaround of this team. Even you've said that Reid can coach the shittiest team to a 7-9 record.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:57 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Lol what makes you think that? Because Reid puts them on the field and makes them successful. The same way he's been doing players for the past 2 decades?
Posted via Mobile Device
Because Dorsey never had a draft where the only good player he got was a center.
[Reply]
penbrook 02:57 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
That almost makes it sound like Dorsey wanted out of his contract. Makes as much or more sense than anything else.
You can't be mad at Clark cutting Dorsey when he wanted to go to Green Bay. You just can't! Clark has done nothing but to try and improve this team. He went out and got Pioli when he was viewed as the best available GM. Than he went out and got Reid, who was the best head coach available. Hell he stopped him from going to Arizona and went to KC the next day. Clark has done nothing but to improve this team and I'll be damned if anyone says otherwise.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:57 PM 06-22-2017
Just got this in my email from the Chiefs. Took a screen shot, hope you can read it.
Attached: letterCHunt.jpg (101.9 KB) 
[Reply]
mcaj22 02:57 PM 06-22-2017
could have just promoted Ballard, so stupid to wait this late to do this
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:57 PM 06-22-2017
Typical Chiefs news.

Get rid of the brains behind the operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buckweath 02:57 PM 06-22-2017
Man, this is as bad a news as drafting Mahomes was a good news.

A GM is just so important.

I just hope it is nothing else but Dorsey wanting to leave for GB.

I trusted Dorsey a ton more than Reid.
[Reply]
-King- 02:58 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Some of us are more interested in winning playoff games and championships.
Yeah me too. What's your point? That Dorsey was the difference between us doing that? I thought it was us drafting and developing a franchise QB. Guess it was having Dorsey at GM all along. My bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
staylor26 02:58 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Reid had power over Dorsey since he stepped foot here. Alex was decided on before Dorsey even interviewed.
Of course some of the personnel moves, especially QB and free agents, are going to have Reid's fingerprints on them.

But that was Dorsey's war room and it's clear as day.
[Reply]
threebag 02:58 PM 06-22-2017
Bet we move up the list of fan rankings
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:58 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
could have just promoted Ballard, so stupid to wait this late to do this
Yep. Should have had Ballard be the replacement. Instead Ballard will make the Colts better, Dorsey will go back to the Packers and we'll have dick.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:58 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:58 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Reid was the executive vp of football operations since 2001. Not 2010
Posted via Mobile Device
He was, I'm just talking about what happened his last three years there. I can see something similar happening here in 2018.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:59 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that he heard that Dorsey weighed in on the potential GB job even though he liked KC. Clark knew about this and made the decision now.

The press release sure makes this seem accurate. "We decided to make this move now to allow John to pursue other opportunities."
This is exactly what I said earlier.

If Dorsey was going to shop his services before signing an extension, Clark made the right move to replace him now, instead of being behind the 8 ball immediately before the 2018 draft.
[Reply]
penbrook 02:59 PM 06-22-2017
Reid makes this team into winners. He coaches the players!! He's the reason why Ron Parker is so good. There was a reason he was cut 6 times. He had terrible coaching. Than he comes here and he is one of the best FS in the league. Reid is a genius at coaching
[Reply]
Page 20 of 137
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up