Page 20 of 34
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Prince
siberian khatru 10:57 AM 04-21-2016
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:30 AM 06-02-2016
Pot is illegal but any pos doctor can prescribe this shit that kills people...
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:39 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Pot is illegal but any pos doctor can prescribe this shit that kills people...
I get the marijuana part. Yeah, make it legal (remembering that before Colorado passed the recreation laws, weed was overprescribed.)

You're not suggesting that we take opioids out of doctors' arsenals, right? You're only making the case for legal weed?
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:56 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I get the marijuana part. Yeah, make it legal (remembering that before Colorado passed the recreation laws, weed was overprescribed.)

You're not suggesting that we take opioids out of doctors' arsenals, right? You're only making the case for legal weed?
im saying its fucking nuts that weed is illegal, AND im saying that someone needs to police these prescription writing doctors AND the low lifes they give these drugs to.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:06 PM 06-02-2016
im saying its fucking nuts that weed is illegal, AND im saying that someone needs to police these prescription writing doctors AND the low lifes they give these drugs to.
Why not just blame Prince for Prince's actions?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:16 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Ideally, this.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:23 PM 06-02-2016
Elvis
Michael
Prince

All prescription meds...all in their homes close to hospitals.

:-)
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:23 PM 06-02-2016
I don't think acknowledging Prince's responsibility and being disgusted with irresponsible doctors are mutually exclusive.

Of course it doesn't look like we know the whole story yet.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:37 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I don't think acknowledging Prince's responsibility and being disgusted with irresponsible doctors are mutually exclusive.

Of course it doesn't look like we know the whole story yet.
For instance, we don't know if there was an irresponsible doctor involved at all.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:39 PM 06-02-2016
Typically, if a prescriber keeps good records and can justify the prescriptions, no harm no foul rule applies. Like in any profession, some unscrupulous types exist.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:03 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
For instance, we don't know if there was an irresponsible doctor involved at all.
Yeah. That's why I said that.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:45 PM 06-02-2016
So really, the story hasn't changed at all. He died (likely) of an opioid OD. Meds were prescribed for a medical condition he was being treated for. He dosed himself.

It was an accidental OD by a man who may or may not have been addicted to opioids.

We'll see where the investigation goes I guess.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:54 PM 06-02-2016
this has nothing to do with prince...

its about the doctors that are feeding this shit to people.

and the people who get the scripts and then sell them to others.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:26 PM 06-02-2016

I think it's great that doctors are willing to prescribe pain medications, even if there are people out there who will take advantage of that and seek them for recreation/abuse. I'd rather err on the side of relieving the pain of those who suffer than on the side of preventing addicts from killing themselves.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:27 PM 06-02-2016

It's a little bit more complicated than that.

Are opioids overprescribed? Yes. Does it lead to addiction? Absolutely.

Are many people unable to function do to chronic pain without pain meds? Unfortunately, yes.

The only thing that one can really do is to enact prescription drug monitoring (Missouri is the only state w/o it, by the way) and remove the stigma of addiction so that those who need help can receive it.

If someone is on Fentanyl they should also have Naloxone on hand in the case of an overdose.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:13 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's a little bit more complicated than that.

Are opioids overprescribed? Yes. Does it lead to addiction? Absolutely.

Are many people unable to function do to chronic pain without pain meds? Unfortunately, yes.

The only thing that one can really do is to enact prescription drug monitoring (Missouri is the only state w/o it, by the way) and remove the stigma of addiction so that those who need help can receive it.

If someone is on Fentanyl they should also have Naloxone on hand in the case of an overdose.
Dude People that don't need it are getting whatever they want on a daily basis. Trust me on this...
[Reply]
Page 20 of 34
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up