ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 29
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell Me About Your Chili
eDave 01:11 PM 11-08-2015
It's chili season. Tell me about your chili. I love chili. Chicken chili.
[Reply]
eDave 10:43 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
Then it’s not chili
If it's not spicy enough to burn your house down, it's not chili.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 11:27 PM 01-04-2018
Roast some hot peppers (jalapeno or hotter) and onion, then throw into the blender to puree. Use fresh or freeze into ice trays for later.

Won't affect the chili's consistency or texture but gives that extra kick.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:56 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Roast some hot peppers (jalapeno or hotter) and onion, then throw into the blender to puree. Use fresh or freeze into ice trays for later.

Won't affect the chili's consistency or texture but gives that extra kick.
Chipotle peppers work well in chili

IF you roast ghost peppers inside your house and you will vacate the premises and possibly be calling EMS, slow smoke or grill outside both and then blend w/ EVOO.

Basic Adobo is great in chili too.

4 dried ancho chiles, seeded and deveined
4 dried guajillo chiles, seeded and deveined
2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
[Reply]
sedated 11:54 AM 01-05-2018
I tried to get away from it to change things up, but chili tastes SO MUCH better with a bit of brown sugar and a couple dashes of cinnamon.

And I prefer red beans in chili.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:55 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
I tried to get away from it to change things up, but chili tastes SO MUCH better with a bit of brown sugar and a couple dashes of cinnamon.

And I prefer red beans in chili.
Hmm never tried brown sugar, but I always add some cinnamon
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:57 AM 01-05-2018
That's what cinnamon rolls are for when you dunk them in the chili
[Reply]
ChiefGator 11:57 AM 01-05-2018
Just had a smoked beef chili I had put in my freezer a while back. Has black beans, fresh corn, chipotle, some smoked ham hocks, tomatoes, and a few other things.. damn good.
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:01 PM 01-05-2018
Ground turkey, taco seasoning of my own design, black beans, kidney beans (both with juices included), green chilis, jalapenos, Rotel seasoned tomatoes, red onion.

It's the best chili I've ever eaten.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:10 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Just had a smoked beef chili I had put in my freezer a while back. Has black beans, fresh corn, chipotle, some smoked ham hocks, tomatoes, and a few other things.. damn good.
I did a chili once with leftover smoked brisket and pork. It was excellent.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 12:30 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I did a chili once with leftover smoked brisket and pork. It was excellent.
Yeah, it really is good.. I used to use a smoked porter beer in it as well and smoked bacon, to really go over the top on smokiness.

I always smoke a couple extra chunks of meat when I get a smoker up and running.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:31 PM 01-05-2018
Beans or No Beans is an argument that will last forever. I make my chili with no beans, but I've had many excellent chili dishes made by others with beans that have been great. I think if you're putting the chili on something else, like a hot dog or spaghetti or whatever, then no beans. If the chili is the main event, then beans are probably OK.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:33 PM 01-05-2018
My slow cooker chili: ground beef, onion, chili powder, oregano, s&p, crushed tomatoes, pinto, cannelloni, and black beans, chopped chipotle. It’s a pretty straightforward chili, but darn tasty.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:40 PM 01-05-2018
I made chili for a family Christmas dinner this year and there were some finicky kids there as well. I took my usual onion, green pepper and jalapeno base and pulverized them to liquid in a NutriBullet and then added it to the meat and it turned out pretty good.

I always use a 50/50 beef/pork mix and I also add kidney, black and pinto beans to my chili. Sriracha on the side in case someone wants to add some spice if they want it but with the kids I couldn't spice it up too much.

Always use Williams seasoning packets and I add extra cumin and paprika as well.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 12:53 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Beans or No Beans is an argument that will last forever. I make my chili with no beans, but I've had many excellent chili dishes made by others with beans that have been great. I think if you're putting the chili on something else, like a hot dog or spaghetti or whatever, then no beans. If the chili is the main event, then beans are probably OK.
I think as long as it is dominated by beans, I like it. The beans make up maybe 15% of the mass of my chili, with meat making up probably 60%
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:05 PM 01-05-2018
Chili fuckin' sucks. Not a big chili fan — at all.

You mid-westerners and westerners.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 29
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up