ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 35
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:36 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
What's funny about this is that the next time the Chiefs and Bills meet up, sure as shit their fans will be on here trying to troll CP with this stupid thing. "According to ESPN's QBR ratings, Josh was the better QB last time they met!" I guarantee it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:58 PM 10-20-2020
As I recall, plays in key situations weigh heavily in qbr, and Mahomes just didn't have any to make. The running game was working so well that all he had to do was play the best Alex Smith game that anyone ever saw.

All that bullshit we hear about how he's a gunslinger and makes dangerous throws, and that was one of the safest, most efficient games you'll ever see. On the road. In the rain.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:58 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
As I recall, plays in key situations weigh heavily in qbr, and Mahomes just didn't have any to make. The running game was working so well that all he had to do was play the best Alex Smith game that anyone ever saw.

All that bullshit we hear about how he's a gunslinger and makes dangerous throws, and that was one of the safest, most efficient games you'll ever see. On the road. In the rain.
Yep.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:12 PM 10-20-2020
Where is Bills Fan???

That dumb bitch tried to explain last year about how the Bills actually won the Mahomes trade.

Come out, Bills Fan!!!
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:17 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Both are VASTLY better than Matt Cassel.

I dunno if you're under rating them or over rating cassel.. but no. Just... no.
I'm now sure how saying they're bigger-bodied, stronger-armed versions of Matt Cassel can possibly be construed as saying they're the same as Matt Cassel. Maybe if you ignore the bigger-bodied and stronger-armed part of it.

The main point was that they're on the Matt Cassel level of operating an offense. Which is to say their success is I believe heavily dependent on finding the right system and group of players to elevate them. I don't think either is capable of themselves consistently elevating a team to the point of winning a game against a quality.opponent, or of pulling games out of the fire when shit's falling apart around them.

Which is why it's so great for us that we DO have a guy who can do that.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:19 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Where is Bills Fan???

That dumb bitch tried to explain last year about how the Bills actually won the Mahomes trade.

Come out, Bills Fan!!!
Just a few weeks ago they were saying they wouldn't trade Allen for Mahomes. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:06 PM 12-07-2020
He’s getting hot....

2nd best AFC QB?
[Reply]
baitism 10:07 PM 12-07-2020
Need him to beat the Steelers next week.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:19 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He’s getting hot....

2nd best AFC QB?
I would say so at the moment. Hopefully he takes down the Steelers next week.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:18 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He’s getting hot....

2nd best AFC QB?
I think you have to look at what Baker is doing in Cleveland. The Browns are 9-3 and are playing some great football.

Which leads me to my larger point:

We are starting to see some people saying Baker Mayfield is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Baker over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Mayfield Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:29 AM 12-08-2020
The guy had one of the worst chokes in the playoffs I've ever seen from any QB last year against Houston. All but shit his pants he was so nervous. He also completely folded against the Chiefs in the biggest game of their year this season.

He's improved this year to the point that he's a 5-10 QB in the game, but let's see him get past the big game hurdle first before anything else.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:30 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I think you have to look at what Baker is doing in Cleveland. The Browns are 9-3 and are playing some great football.

We are starting to see some people saying Baker Mayfield is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Baker over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Mayfield Or Mahomes?
And which people are saying that? People who don't watch football?
[Reply]
alanm 01:01 AM 12-08-2020

You need to stay away from these special needs people. :-)
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:47 AM 12-08-2020

After watching both of them play at Texas Tech, I will unequivocally state that Baker Mayfield will never be the QB that Mahomes is or will continue to be. Even today, watch what happens when Mayfield gets pressured. He panics and will throw the ball up for grabs. Give him a clean pocket and he does a great job. Mahomes is just calm cool and collected. Look at their career turnovers and it'll tell you who you want being the captain of your team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:48 AM 12-08-2020
:-) Nice copypasta.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 35
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up