ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 37
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
BossChief 09:14 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe I'm giving Clark the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt it's because we're being cheap. I get reasons beyond money to say no to a buyout. Nfl teams have to be a little careful pissing off college programs. And a lot of this drama isn't worth it for a LBs coach.
I’d argue that the LB coach hire is nearly as important as the DC hire.

Hitchens is getting paid a lot and needs to be coached up to realize the potential showed in Dallas.
DOD is raw and needs developed, but has high end potential
We will be drafting LBers for the 4-3 that need good coaching for today’s nfl.

This is a very important hire.

House would be a big time hire that would be worth paying big time money to hire.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Hitchens is getting paid a lot and needs to be coached up to realize the potential showed in Dallas.

House would be a big time hire that would be worth paying big time money to hire.
It would be huge for us. I'm bummed about it. I just wonder how much money is the issue. I can't see $150k being an issue for Clark. I wonder if the Chiefs are more worried about pissing people off than they are money.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:59 AM 02-11-2019
Good God UK fans are spinning the hell out of this as if kc got used or were too cheap.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:05 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It would be huge for us. I'm bummed about it. I just wonder how much money is the issue. I can't see $150k being an issue for Clark. I wonder if the Chiefs are more worried about pissing people off than they are money.
We would be "pissing off" one institution; Kentucky. And even then, everyone already knows that House wanted to be in KC with his former coaching associate, and that UK put the cock-block on him.

We would lose absolutely no collegiate relationships over this except for Mark Stoops, and who gives a flying fuck about THAT?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:01 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

I agree. LB has been a deficient position for us in both the run game and short pass and if they plan on keeping Ford, I want the best coach back there that money can buy. Besides, they wouldn't have approached House if they didn't feel that he fit that bill to a "T".

Spend the money, raise the hell, and roll the heads to get the very best candidate(s) you can for this team because the time is NOW.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10:57 AM 02-11-2019
Just tell Stoops that Andy is on his way to Lexington, KY now and he won't leave the buffet until they release House from his contract. House will be a Chiefs coach within 24 hours!
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 12:06 PM 02-11-2019
House looked like post-Spags future D-coord type hire.

So does Brendan Daly.

Wonder if the hiring of Daly has as much to do with House not coming as the contract situation.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:10 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
House looked like post-Spags future D-coord type hire.

So does Brendan Daly.

Wonder if the hiring of Daly has as much to do with House not coming as the contract situation.

It was the first thing I thought. Both seem like natural defensive coordinator successors.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:24 PM 02-11-2019
We need to burn Lexington to the ground!!!!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:00 PM 02-11-2019
So is this one still alive or is it now dead In the water? I saw on twitter that KU haven't even announced House's extension yet despite reports that he was staying?
[Reply]
In58men 07:01 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So is this one still alive or is it now dead In the water? I saw on twitter that KU haven't even announced House's extension yet despite reports that he was staying?
Still day to day.

Trust the process
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:39 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Still day to day.

Trust the process
Heh.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:52 PM 02-11-2019
What the fuck
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:09 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
What the ****

:-)

KU - UK - easy to get them mixed up I guess.......
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:30 PM 02-12-2019
UK
[Reply]
Page 20 of 37
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up