ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 31
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
RunKC 01:42 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I agree -- Infinity War had the cleaner narrative.

But I don't think I've ever seen a movie have bigger balls than this one.

The shit they tried in this movie is just unthinkable. What an explosion of creativity, and a very good way to end Phase 3.
I don’t really agree. They did time travel, which has been done by so many other movies.

Before Infinity War I didn’t think it would be possible to have that many characters together in 1 movie and have it written that well with a good flow.

I think Infinity War was the best combination of funniest, most entertaining and best written movie in the MCU.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:15 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t really agree. They did time travel, which has been done by so many other movies.

Before Infinity War I didn’t think it would be possible to have that many characters together in 1 movie and have it written that well with a good flow.

I think Infinity War was the best combination of funniest, most entertaining and best written movie in the MCU.
I don't disagree too much with the last sentence -- though I think Civil War was better.

But I think the Endgame time travel was more creative than just about any other time travel movie I've seen, and they had Oscar winning actors bobbing in and out with very little contribution. Natalie Portman was brought in to stroll across the floor. Swinton steals the scenes both times she's on screen. Samuel L. Jackson just glares. Loki's on screen three times and I'm not even sure he says anything.

And, of course, it ends the arcs of Cap, Romanov, and Stark, which is way ballsier than Infinity Wars threatening to end Gamora and actually ending Vision. Just one of the ballsiest movies I've ever seen, I think.

Anyway, we're just arguing favorites here.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:48 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

But I think the Endgame time travel was more creative than just about any other time travel movie I've seen, and they had Oscar winning actors bobbing in and out with very little contribution. Natalie Portman was brought in to stroll across the floor. Swinton steals the scenes both times she's on screen. Samuel L. Jackson just glares. Loki's on screen three times and I'm not even sure he says anything
Oh and don’t forget Robert Redford and Michael Douglas just casually stroll across the screen

Great stuff
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:35 AM 05-05-2019

[Reply]
RunKC 11:46 AM 05-05-2019
I selfishly wanted this to happen again so badly. Would have been amazing.

One of my favorite moments in MCU history
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:53 PM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I selfishly wanted this to happen again so badly. Would have been amazing.

One of my favorite moments in MCU history
Would have been a hell of a lot cooler than OMG WE'RE WOMEN LOOK AT US EVERYBODY DUCK LIPS
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:05 PM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Would have been a hell of a lot cooler than OMG WE'RE WOMEN LOOK AT US EVERYBODY DUCK LIPS
Lmao I laughed at that part
[Reply]
Rausch 07:37 AM 05-06-2019
Well apparently that's the whole next phase so...
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:12 AM 05-06-2019
:-)

The resident Incel has spoken.

Truth be told, I got goosebumps at that moment knowing that Clay was in another theater somewhere pissed off that women got a scene.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:11 PM 05-05-2019
What its doing at the box office is INSANE! Has now outgrossed Titanic (and it only took 2 weeks):-) .
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:25 PM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
What its doing at the box office is INSANE! Has now outgrossed Titanic (and it only took 2 weeks):-) .
Agree. But you have to remember ticket prices were a lot less 22 years ago.

I wish they would go by actual number of tickets sold. But they never will because that wouldn’t be as spectacular.

Whatever the measures, It’s a monster success.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:37 PM 05-05-2019
I was hoping for a surprise Wolverine appearance :-)
Not one of Marvels best films but a solid way to end it IMO. For sure could have done much more with it though especially with Hulk.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:50 PM 05-05-2019
Over 2 billion in 11 days. Fucking insane. Like a quarter of the time it took Avatar.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:35 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Over 2 billion in 11 days. Fucking insane. Like a quarter of the time it took Avatar.
Avatar and Titantic are both over $3 billion in the initial release box office tickets sold globally when adjusted for inflation.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...grossing_films
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:59 AM 05-06-2019
The more I think about Professor Hulk, the more the way they ended up portraying him sucks. I guess it was all about Tony Stark though in the end, and they didn't want Hulk stealing the show, again.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 31
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up