« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
scho63 07:33 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I saw Sammy solo in '84 open for ZZ Top Eliminator Tour and his opening was 90 minutes and was fantastic. If all opening acts were as good as he was, all shows would be better, and ZZ Top was way better than I expected. Overall one of the best shows I've seen.
I saw this act as well! Brendan Byrne arena. Wasn't impressed with ZZ Top live. a little boring.

Sammy was good but I didn't know much about him back then. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 07:35 AM 10-08-2020
Sometimes people just turn bitter in life. EVH had so much going for him but just felt he deserved more, much better accolades and other's got credit he deserved.

Not a great way to live.

Sorry he burnt so many bridges. Good lesson to learn in this tragedy.
[Reply]
Pennywise 08:36 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Sorry if Q, but this is prime nostalgia, and the VB interview segment is effing aces [even though Eddie is just a presence in that part].

On one of those shows Dave says, "Eddie, you should really think about getting yourself some equipment", while Eddie is standing in front of a wall of amps.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:02 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I saw this act as well! Brendan Byrne arena. Wasn't impressed with ZZ Top live. a little boring.

Sammy was good but I didn't know much about him back then. :-)
I saw ZZ Top in Savannah Georgia, they were wearing matching white jump suits sort of like Pete Townsend outfit, not your country western look. The music was tight and loud, the hits from Eliminator everybody really got into, the lights were very bright on the stage, more colorful than I had anticipated. They had a fake body fall from the rafters, they had confetti rain down, they did stuff I never figured a little band from Texas would do. Maybe your show was an off night.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:50 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Was curious what "in the box" plugs you like...I'm in a small, private forum with music producers
I put this in spoilers as to not derail the thread.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:55 AM 10-08-2020
Sorry he burnt so many bridges. Good lesson to learn in this tragedy.
The sad part is that in reading all of the tributes on Twitter and Instagram, very few people have said anything nice and kind about the man. It's mostly been how he inspired people or how he changed the world, which is absolutely true but it also shows the dearth of good human relationships in his life.

Even his current wife said "Our journey together has not always been an easy one but in the end and always we have a connection".

To me, it's sad that even the day after he passed, she couldn't drop the fact that they had some "difficulties".
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:30 AM 10-08-2020
Irving Azoff, the band's manager, addressed the possibility of previously unreleased recordings from Eddie seeing the light of day, saying: "Wolf [Eddie's son] and Alex [Eddie's brother] will go up to 5150, the studio in Ed's house, but there’s been a lot of recording over the years. I can't predict that for sure there will be anything new, but for sure they're going to look at it."

--

I've been told by people that have actually worked with Van Halen and at Eddie's studio that have said there's nothing there. It took 2 years to record A Different Kind Of Truth and the majority of those songs were from their early 70's days that needed to be completely re-worked in order to release them.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:45 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I put this in spoilers as to not derail the thread.

Spoiler!
Here's my run down...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
scho63 11:27 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I saw ZZ Top in Savannah Georgia, they were wearing matching white jump suits sort of like Pete Townsend outfit, not your country western look. The music was tight and loud, the hits from Eliminator everybody really got into, the lights were very bright on the stage, more colorful than I had anticipated. They had a fake body fall from the rafters, they had confetti rain down, they did stuff I never figured a little band from Texas would do. Maybe your show was an off night.
They did nothing like that. The only thing they did was they did a smoke bomb on stage, disappeared and only the two guitars were left on stage spinning in a circle.

They stayed in one place for the whole show.

The sound not bad, the show not so good.

Still Duran Duran best show I ever saw, followed by Meat Loaf in a small venue during one of his comebacks, Phil Collins and Genesis 3rd, Bon Jovi, 4th, Bruce Springsteen 5th because he was too far away and I stood for 4 /2 hrs and Santana was good.

Who would think Duran Duran would be best? LOL
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:07 PM 10-09-2020
XM tribute channel still going strong.

Sebastian Bach guest DJ'ing now...his top 12 VH tunes.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:28 PM 10-09-2020
...Still Duran Duran best show I ever saw, followed by Meat Loaf in a small venue during one of his comebacks, Phil Collins and Genesis 3rd, Bon Jovi, 4th, Bruce Springsteen 5th because he was too far away and I stood for 4 /2 hrs and Santana was good.

Who would think Duran Duran would be best? LOL
It's like I went to the Amnesty Int'l Concert at the Atlanta Omni in 1986 and saw each band perform 6 songs. U2, The Police, Bryan Adams, Lou Reed and Peter Gabriel. I thought PG blew the other acts away. In defense I saw U2 a year earlier on the Unforgetable Fire Tour and they were excellent music wise but were not much of a theatrical show in the early days.

Shows how acts change, I saw Bon Jovi open for the Scorpions in '84 Love at First Sting Tour and we booed BJ off the stage. He was such poser in those days in his fish net shirt and big hair, couldn't stand the guy.

Honestly the most impressed show was by was Jethro Tull in '72, they did all of Aqualung and Thick as Brick and were very theatrical with people dressed as rabbits and big phones ringing, it was a real show.

Worse act I saw was Billy Squier in '82, he was in a pink tank top and sort of pranced around on stage, he was such a lightweight. The opening act was Saga from Canada and they had just started playing 'On the Loose' on the radio. I went right out and bought their Worlds Apart album the next day. They had 3 keyboards and electronic drums, very powerful sounding live and the singer was very good.

My favorite show of all time was summer of '80 in Biloxi, Miss. It was Journey "Departure" tour with the Babys opening. I'm a big fan of really good power pop singers and John Waite and Steve Perry fit the bill. They were both excellent.
[Reply]
frozenchief 05:54 PM 10-13-2020
In 1986, BTO opened for Van Halen on their 5150 tour. Randy Bachman's son, Tal Bachman, was 17 years old when his dad asked if he wanted to join the tour for 3 weeks. Imagine being a 17 year old kid and getting to see Van Halen play up close and personal for 3 weeks.

Story is here:

https://www.steynonline.com/10682/ta...ee-weeks-in-86

I figured this was worth a thread bump.

PS: I do not want to hijack the thread with comments about the source website, which is generally a political website. I did not know the source before I clicked on the link and my goal isn't to vouch for or decry the source website. The article is not political even if the website generally is. I just thought this story was really cool, mainly because I was 17 years old that summer and the thought of going on that tour at that age just pegged the 'way-too-cool' meter. It's also a good story about Edward Van Halen the person, not just the guitar player.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 06:04 PM 10-13-2020
As it turns out. Some of my best friends from high school lived a couple houses away from the Van Halen family in the 70s and 80s. They had a neighborhood lawn business going and would do Van Halens lawn. Got paid but also got tickets and passes etc.. Eddie gave one of the Brothers a quitar. And the sisters were in his wedding, if I'm not mistaken.
Just a bit of Pasadena history..
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 06:11 PM 10-13-2020
https://youtu.be/QrFxKY6aFrQ
[Reply]
stevieray 07:46 PM 10-13-2020

[Reply]
Page 20 of 31
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up