ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pizza Hut to offer a better Burger
srvy 08:10 AM 05-15-2024
The new Cheese Burger Melt for a limited time. This will probably bomb like when Micky D offered pizza by the slice. Get ready to get out and get these kids.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...t/73690348007/

I'll wait for Review Bra's opinion on this.
[Reply]
loochy 09:17 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'd like to try that one if the opportunity were to arise

I've really never had a BBQ pizza that I've loved. Something about the cooking process caramelizes the sugar in the sauce or something and they come out too sweet for me

A Joe's Night of the Living Pizza I could go for though

I used to love the little BBQ pizzas from schlotzkys
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:17 AM 05-15-2024
Minsky's The Kelceroni
I loved minskys in kc
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:18 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
It's amazing that Pizza Hut used to be pretty good, considering the dog shit it is today.
It was great food and fine dining in its prime
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:18 AM 05-15-2024
I'd like to try that one if the opportunity were to arise

I've really never had a BBQ pizza that I've loved. Something about the cooking process caramelizes the sugar in the sauce or something and they come out too sweet for me

A Joe's Night of the Living Pizza I could go for though
I've had a couple that I've enjoyed with a BBQ sauce base. There's one around here that's BBQ sauce, mozzarella, grilled chicken, red onion, jalapeño, pineapple, roasted garlic, and cilantro... good stuff.

Pizza Hut's back in the day had clumps of shredded beef in BBQ sauce that could be found in the frozen food aisle at WalMart or at an Arizona BBQ joint.... as a kid who would eat anything, it was as good of an option than anything else there.

Not sure I've had another one similar to that though.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:22 AM 05-15-2024
I like Pizza Hut just fine. My theory about people saying it “used to be good” are just referring to their younger years as kids when pizza was also closely associated with positive memories and they also had less pizza/food quality experiences for comparison. Basically they had lower standards and expectations and pizza was seen as a fun food so it use to taste “better” than now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:25 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I loved minskys in kc
May have been the Bears game last season but I got a Minskys Prime Cut delivered to the hotel after the game

First one I'd had in probably 10 years and it delivered
[Reply]
srvy 09:33 AM 05-15-2024
I never tried the Minsky KC Joe just not worth the risk over their other offerings. I did get a slice of Sam's Club BBQ pizza that they were pushing. It was awful and tasted like that Loyds pulled pork sandwich stuff they sell. They also put down pizza sauce instead of Q sauce. It was short lived as I don't think they offer it anymore.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:34 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've had a couple that I've enjoyed with a BBQ sauce base. There's one around here that's BBQ sauce, mozzarella, grilled chicken, red onion, jalapeño, pineapple, roasted garlic, and cilantro... good stuff.

Pizza Hut's back in the day had clumps of shredded beef in BBQ sauce that could be found in the frozen food aisle at WalMart or at an Arizona BBQ joint.... as a kid who would eat anything, it was as good of an option than anything else there.

Not sure I've had another one similar to that though.
I made one awhile back that sounds similar

I used Joe's KC regular BBQ sauce, fine chopped some leftover pulled pork (chopped it to like a ground beef consistency), mozz, pickled red onion, and cilantro

It was good but I wouldn't say it elevated above a traditional pizza but was more like a change up I guess

I like the idea jalapeno on a BBQ pizza
[Reply]
srvy 09:36 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
It was great food and fine dining in its prime
Yeah when it was sit down and wait 40 minutes for a pizza out of a real pizza oven. Shakeys was still better though.
[Reply]
loochy 09:44 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I like Pizza Hut just fine. My theory about people saying it “used to be good” are just referring to their younger years as kids when pizza was also closely associated with positive memories and they also had less pizza/food quality experiences for comparison. Basically they had lower standards and expectations and pizza was seen as a fun food so it use to taste “better” than now.

THANK YOU!

The continued pizza snobbery on CP is unreal. Every single thread is filled with "*insert pizza brand here* is crap"
[Reply]
srvy 09:51 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
THANK YOU!

The continued pizza snobbery on CP is unreal. Every single thread is filled with "*insert pizza brand here* is crap"
When you can get a better pizza in a quikstop or frozen from a grocery its not snobbery. Pizza didn't used to be fast food.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:58 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
In other words, they don't like it now. :-)

There's definitely nostalgia wrapped up in childhood trips to restaurants (free Book It pizza FTW) and far lower expectations... I personally find it amusing when people jump all over things being "garbage" like they only shop at Whole Foods or some shit, but there's definitely something to be said for one place being good because it's the only pizza you've ever had versus growing up and trying better, tastes changing, etc.

On my short list of pizza joints, I can think of 3 local places that I'd go to first for various reasons (one in particular is Chicago style and the other two are simply better pizza with unique choices)... and then Domino's, because their crust here is really good and they've consistently delivered a crazy hot pizza that will burn off your mouth.

After those 4, Pizza Hut would probably get lumped into a category with others of being fine if it's offered free somewhere or someone else is ordering... I mean, it's meat, cheese, sauce, and bread, usually difficult to completely fuck it up. But, better places exist, at least around here.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:59 AM 05-15-2024
I'll pass on that.

Related...Minsky's does have a great cheeseburger pizza.
Excellent when it's fresh out of the oven, but not for leftovers (pickles don't reheat very well)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:59 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
When you can get a better pizza in a quikstop or frozen from a grocery its not snobbery. Pizza didn't used to be fast food.
I had a breakfast pizza at a QuikTrip in Tennessee a few months ago that was seriously good... and of course midwesterners rave about Casey's.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:03 AM 05-15-2024
Between the major chains, i still think Pizza Hut is the best. But everytime i've tried their melts its always been more bread than anything.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up