ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>share your stories about fireworks....
Redrum_69 09:43 AM 07-02-2008
I had a package of jumping jacks go off in my hand courtesy of a fast fuse back in 1983...that was the worst.

Last year I almost died...almost...when a dixie cannon fell over and shot a mortar shell at me.
[Reply]
Donger 12:03 PM 07-02-2008

[Reply]
bkkcoh 12:54 PM 07-02-2008
A few of us from junior high would get our BB guns and take some bottle rockets and have wars in the ravine between our houses.

We would put the bottle rockets in the gun and aim and shoot, we could get quite accurate.

I took a couple of shots, one in the lower lip and once slightly higher the eye brows on the forehead. The shots welted up big time and kind of hurt a little.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:59 PM 07-02-2008
Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ:
Only thing remotely funny that happened was when I was at my buddys house, and we were lighting black cats. Well they light one on my back which did nothing (I thought), and my back started to burn a little because it had lit my shirt on fire.

Then I took refuge in his house when one of his "friends" decided to bring a crap load of PBR, and give it to everyone doing the fireworks and after I got hit with a little rocket I went inside and left. I don't drink, I don't make a big deal about it, but when someone is mixing that with the big fireworks we had in store for that night, I will pass on being around that.

Is there a way to shoot fireworks off without drinking? How do you start to think shooting roman candles & bottle rockets at people is a good idea?
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:59 PM 07-02-2008
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yeah, that was awesome.
[Reply]
Redrum_69 01:05 PM 07-02-2008
Claythan likes lighting the black snakes.....
[Reply]
CosmicPal 01:08 PM 07-02-2008
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's not that fireworks factory in some small European town is it?

I saw a documentary on that and how it destroyed 90 percent of the town and lasted all through the night. That must've been one enormous factory.

Incredible documentary too. My God that thing lasted forever.
[Reply]
SPATCH 01:09 PM 07-02-2008
1. 13 years old- got really drunk at my friend's 22 year-old brother's party... my reflexes had slowed considerably and i got pegged in the eye by a propeller. massive black eye.

2. 14 years old- dropped an artillery shell in one of the city park toilets... toilet exploded

3. 16 years old- rollin down I-70 in my friend's convertible, we were shooting artillery shells straight up in the air.... puttin on a show for the folks drivin on the highway.. we were hammered
[Reply]
seclark 01:59 PM 07-02-2008
i was 14, my brother 16.
the family was camping at a park over the 4th. my brother was in the cinder-block, tin roofed shower house getting ready to go out on a date that night.

he was standing at the sink shaving his 3 whiskers, and i walked in and dropped a measley little black-cat in the sink in front of him and ducked back out the door. i guess it was how the shower house was made, or that black-cat was super charged, but when that baby went off, it shook the entire campground. people thought a bomb went off.

then, my poor brother comes staggering out the door screaming, "i can't hear anything!!! i can't hear anything!!!"

for the rest of the weekend, i was a marked man...people gave me the dirtiest looks. my old man turned me in to the ranger, who told me if it wasn't for my family, he'd kick my ass out of the park for good.

i felt pretty low the rest of the weekend. but i still laugh my ass off every time i think of my brother staggering around in his underwear, screamming.
sec
[Reply]
blueballs 02:06 PM 07-02-2008
don't fart during a roman candle fight
in low riding jeans
[Reply]
El Jefe 02:28 PM 07-02-2008
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Is there a way to shoot fireworks off without drinking? How do you start to think shooting roman candles & bottle rockets at people is a good idea?
Yes. I don't understand what your asking, they started to shoot bottle rockets off at people, and that's when I left.
[Reply]
chasedude 03:53 PM 07-02-2008
Originally Posted by seclark:
i was 14, my brother 16.
the family was camping at a park over the 4th. my brother was in the cinder-block, tin roofed shower house getting ready to go out on a date that night.

he was standing at the sink shaving his 3 whiskers, and i walked in and dropped a measley little black-cat in the sink in front of him and ducked back out the door. i guess it was how the shower house was made, or that black-cat was super charged, but when that baby went off, it shook the entire campground. people thought a bomb went off.

then, my poor brother comes staggering out the door screaming, "i can't hear anything!!! i can't hear anything!!!"

for the rest of the weekend, i was a marked man...people gave me the dirtiest looks. my old man turned me in to the ranger, who told me if it wasn't for my family, he'd kick my ass out of the park for good.

i felt pretty low the rest of the weekend. but i still laugh my ass off every time i think of my brother staggering around in his underwear, screamming.
sec
:-) That's funny, sounds like something I'd do to my brother
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:05 PM 07-02-2008
Originally Posted by bishop_74:
8 yrs old, we were using needle nose pliers to cut open Black Cats for the powder in to tin foil to make a "larger" black cat. Found one of the cut open pieces and figured, "Hey, I'll pretend I'm smoking a cigarette." Apparently we didn't get the gun powder out of this particular piece. Needless to say with the back end clamped shut with the pliers, I lit the bugger and within seconds heard this loud "BANG!" and my ears were ringing and lips were numb. I ran in to the bathroom and looked like a Tom and Jerry cartoon with a big black blast mark where it sat in my lips. Luckily no damage other than some burns. To this day I think through VERY carefully all of my plans.
I was 10 yrs old, We would take the black cat's, open them up for the powder. We placed the powder inside one of those plastic eggs, not a small one, but a "BIG" one. We cut a needle hole on the end and stuck a fuse in it. Carefully we over filled the 2 ends and pushed them together, twisting and turning them until it was tightly packed. We took duct tape and taped it very tightly .
We took the "mini bomb " ( as we called it ) to the garden and I was elected to light it since I was the oldest and could run the fastest. OK, We expected a mini bomb but not really knowing what we had just made were excited but scared at the same time.
I lite the fuse and ran, we had a ditch that had a 3 foot drop in it, I headed right towards it and was going to slide right into it. It went off before I could get there ....... " BOOM "

That bitch peppered me with dirt, rocks, rattled the windows in my grandmothers old house and sent a small rock across the street to the church, that broke out a window.

Our families came out to see what had happened .......:-) Man dad, my uncles, all the moms, grandparents were pissed off . After explaining what we did , My uncle who worked at an artillery plant stated that we had made a 1/4 stick of dynamite after reviewing the hole in the garden.

They didn't trust us anymore after that.:-)
[Reply]
bogey 06:32 PM 07-02-2008
We used to drive down country dirt roads having bottle rocket fights. We would sit on the trunk if we were in the front car and on the hood if we were in the back car. The car in front always had the advantage, but the car in the back could get a few good shots in too. I really don't know how no one ever got hurt.
We used to have an annual party at the creek. Of course we would all get smashed. It became a tradition that one of the guys would stand across the creek and we would all fire bottle rockets at him, again no one ever got seriously hurt. Good times were had by all.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:48 PM 07-02-2008
Upon procuring mass amounts of bottle rockets, my dad told my friends and I to not shoot them at each other; that lasted 5 minutes. We used empy roman candles as 'launch vehicles' and played capture the flag; e hit with a bottle rocket, and you're out.
Once finished we went inside and my dad was like "have you been shooting them at each othe"? Uh...."no". Meanwhile, none of us realize our neck and face from looking away as while shooting was covered in black soot. busted..
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:52 PM 07-02-2008
I remember when I was little our neighbor's Lab did just this. Everyone started running and he thought it was fun and playing so he just chased people.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up