ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Justice Department sues Ticketmaster and owner Live Nation, alleging illegal monopoly
DJJasonp 10:32 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I probably had 10 or 15 of their dumb vouchers expire a couple years after the last settlement.

"Sorry we gouged you on fees for years. We're going to keep doing that because **** you we just spent a bunch of money on legal fees ourselves, but here's $2.50 off your next 20 concerts. Only one is valid per concert and you can't use them for anything popular, so just other stuff you wouldn't go to anyway. And you have two years to use them all. It's literally the least we could do, **** you."

Dicks.
LOL....I remember that.

So thoughtful!
[Reply]
scho63 10:31 AM 05-23-2024
Some of you are really silly.

If I offer you tickets at $500 no fees or $400 with $200 of fees, which do you want?

Try buying tickets on Craigslist without getting fucked or scammed.

I'm no fan of monopolies but lets be real, tickets for all events are ridiculous and the fees are just salt in the wound, not the root cause of the bigger problem.

The athletes and entertainers are being paid crazy sums.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:38 AM 05-23-2024
Between the fees and the ticket costs themselves, I've pretty much been priced out of live events. They're simply not worth the cost of admission, no matter what the performance is.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:23 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Between the fees and the ticket costs themselves, I've pretty much been priced out of live events. They're simply not worth the cost of admission, no matter what the performance is.
Yeah I took my buddy to the home opener last year. I had to go to see the banner drop. The tickets were so goddamn expensive. I think it was like $1500 just to sit in the lower 3 rows of the upper deck. I'll never do that again.

Which sucks. I'd pay $350 easy to do it this year again. But at the current prices, it goes down as "life experience," not "weekend entertainment."
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:27 AM 05-23-2024
Yeah, I pretty much have to ignore the final price of events I really want to attend after all the fees and bullshit or else I'd never attend anything... and there are still plenty of fairly priced concerts out there before fees, it just sucks when that $40 ticket becomes $120 for a pair after fees.

There's definitely a tug of war in my mind between "Fuck TicketMaster" and allowing them to dictate never seeing a decently priced show (or a not so decently priced sporting event) live again.

Hell, just take away the double dipping of 20% secondary market fees and that would be a huge step forward.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:01 PM 05-23-2024
Omg.
I can get you in.
[Reply]
Katipan 03:34 PM 05-26-2024
Big EDM concert this weekend with lots of nudity and lasers. You in?
[Reply]
Bowser 05:17 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Big EDM concert this weekend with lots of nudity and lasers. You in?
.........I'm listening
[Reply]
Katipan 05:26 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
.........I'm listening
https://youtu.be/Qh-Kd4Yq8HU?si=URYIzeppnwzwmgN3

But not at Red Rocks
[Reply]
Stewie 10:14 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
https://youtu.be/Qh-Kd4Yq8HU?si=URYIzeppnwzwmgN3

But not at Red Rocks
Good lawd. Sensory overload and WAY overproduced.
[Reply]
scho63 10:42 AM 05-23-2024
So some of you now want our government to start regulating fees on tickets to sporting and music events?

Good lord that is insane.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:52 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
So some of you now want our government to start regulating fees on tickets to sporting and music events?

Good lord that is insane.
I want government to step in when the situation is unfair and the practices of Live Nation are unfair and not in good faith.

So, yeah.
[Reply]
scho63 11:08 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I want government to step in when the situation is unfair and the practices of Live Nation are unfair and not in good faith.

So, yeah.
Are you being forced to buy tickets?

Is anyone?

Are sports and music events mandatory and you HAVE to attend?

It's everyone's right to decide if they want to attend or not and spend the price.

None of the governments business.

Complete overreach
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:22 AM 05-23-2024

Is anyone?

It's everyone's right to decide if they want to attend or not and spend the price.

Complete overreach
There are antitrust laws, The Sherman Antitrust Act... it's literally their business and has been for over 100 years.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:01 PM 05-23-2024

Is anyone?

Complete overreach
I'm not being forced to buy tickets but when I buy tickets I am forced to deal with that entity, That's the problem and the whole point of the Sherman antitrust act.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up